IHB Trustee's Sale Auction Field Trip

An open apology to all the valued posters here. I really apologize for the search function joke. I did not realize that it could be seen as a slap to everyone who does selflessly give their valuable time contributing to this wealth of knowledge known as IHB. It made me laugh when I realized that I didn't want to ask a question that I know has an answer somewhere in the history. I really do appreciate what you are all collectively contributing. So thank you again and please accept my apology.

[quote author="stepping_up" date=1216936437]An open apology to all the valued posters here. I really apologize for the search function joke. I did not realize that it could be seen as a slap to everyone who does selflessly give their valuable time contributing to this wealth of knowledge known as IHB. It made me laugh when I realized that I didn't want to ask a question that I know has an answer somewhere in the history. I really do appreciate what you are all collectively contributing. So thank you again and please accept my apology.</blockquote>

As far as I'm concerned, no apology is necessary. This isn't the first time I've had comments about my requests to use the search function. There are multiple sides to every disagreement, and I wanted to take the time to explain how things looked from my perspective. It's all good. :)

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1216968715][quote author="stepping_up" date=1216936437]An open apology to all the valued posters here. I really apologize for the search function joke. I did not realize that it could be seen as a slap to everyone who does selflessly give their valuable time contributing to this wealth of knowledge known as IHB. It made me laugh when I realized that I didn't want to ask a question that I know has an answer somewhere in the history. I really do appreciate what you are all collectively contributing. So thank you again and please accept my apology.</blockquote>

As far as I'm concerned, no apology is necessary. This isn't the first time I've had comments about my requests to use the search function. There are multiple sides to every disagreement, and I wanted to take the time to explain how things looked from my perspective. It's all good. :)</blockquote>

To be honest, I actually feared the wrath of Graph more than Eva. You only post the search function icon on the truly stupid questions. Graph on the other hand can be moody. You can get his snark and search button icon with only a relatively stupid question :) That being said, your post made me realize that if I'm going to be too lazy to use the search button, then it's just plain rude to ask a question where the replies have value to me, but I'm not willing to sacrifice my own time to use the search feature. Frankly, I was intimidated by it until this morning, when for the second time I used it and low and behold I saved myself 10-15 mins. I think me and search feature have a bright future.

[quote author="awgee" date=1216927181][quote author="Cal?s Caddy" date=1216906158][quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1216905854][quote author="awgee" date=1216901503][quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1216894353]I really don't understand why people so often bristle at the suggestion of the search function.</blockquote>

For a better understanding of this dilemma, please use the search function.</blockquote>

I just did and frankly, I'm both appalled and offended that I am <em>not</em> the only person to have recommended the search function to people.

But seriously . . . The one time I was "search copped" I was embarrassed that I didn't remember the thread, but I wasn't upset about the reminder.</blockquote>

Growing up my Mother recommended the "search function" often. As in, "No Son, I don't know where the scissors are. I'd have to look for them too. Why don't you go find them."</blockquote>

Too funny. Over the years, I have learned that my wife knows where everything is and it is more expedient to ask her than to look for anything. If she sees me looking for anything, (even my own tools), she asks me what I am looking for and she then proceeds to the item's exact location.</blockquote>

I haven't been married for very long, but I arrived at this point recently. I spent an hour looking for something and then my wife found it in about 2 seconds.

In all fairness, I don't know how I could find anything with how often things are organized and reorganized.

Bumping the thread as a reminder. 2pm at the courthouse, see you there tomorrow.

Scheduled for auction:

241 CORAL ROSE

7 DEERWOOD EAST

14212 UTRILLO DRIVE

32 LEAGUE

The rest of the Irvine properties have been postponed.

One to watch for in Tustin:

Address: 1192 MITCHELL AVENUE UNIT 98

City: TUSTIN

State: CA

Zip: 92780

County: Orange

APN: 933-58-098

Sale Status: Postponed to 07/30/2008 2:00 pm

(Beneficiary's Request)

TS Number: GM125932C

Notice of Sale Amt: <strong>$353,956.79 </strong>

Opening Bid Amt: <strong>$133,763.50</strong>

I completely agree with Eva's and Graph's comments on the search function. However, on the flip side, I have seen some new discussions come about from a topic that had already been discussed. We have new people joining the blog every day, and I believe it's more fun to discuss things than to read someone's past responses.

Just my two cents. Heck, I think we've all determined that housing still hasn't bottomed - but we still discuss it day in and day out.

But again - I don't disagree with Eva and Graph - I'm just stating the other side of the coin.

Oh, and guys - the women know where everything is because we move things around to drive you crazy. It's a control thing. ;-P

Don't anyone even think about bidding on <a href="http://www.zillow.com/HomeDetails.htm?zprop=25200225">this purdy home</a> I have my eye on!

[quote author="CalGal" date=1217400330]However, on the flip side, I have seen some new discussions come about from a topic that had already been discussed. We have new people joining the blog every day, and I believe it's more fun to discuss things than to read someone's past responses.</blockquote>

I didn't think that one necessarily precluded the other.

With respect to the field trip, I have to change my RSVP to "tentative." Duty calls. But I <em>must</em> know where to find the mango vendor.

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1217414790]But I <em>must</em> know where to find the mango vendor.</blockquote>

<em>"Get used to disappointment." </em>- The dread pirate Roberts

IR2,

Kudos, for putting this together!

I won?t be able to attend today?s event, but would definitely have an interest attending one in the future.

It resulted from a very valuable discussion we had on the Winding Way home and the auction process.

There?s a ton of value on that thread, even though at first when I posted I got the stupid hit the search button response.

I?d gladly spring for your parking and Cantaloop in exchange for learning the intricacies of how these auctions work.

Sorry, but I won?t touch anything made by a street vendor.

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1217461066]IR2,

I won?t be able to attend today?s event, but would definitely have an interest attending one in the future.

It resulted from a very valuable discussion we had on the Winding Way home and the auction process.

There?s a ton of value on that thread, even though at first when I posted I got the stupid hit the search button response.

I?d gladly spring for your parking and Cantaloop in exchange for learning the intricacies of how these auctions work.

Sorry, but I won?t touch anything made by a street vendor.</blockquote>

I will spring for parking and Cantaloop for you both if the ever elusive Ten shows up. I promise not to wear my cycling outfit and my back will be freshly shaved too. I might even break out the Axe for a special occasion like this.

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1217461066]IR2,

Sorry, but I won?t touch anything made by a street vendor.</blockquote>

I hadn't realized that you thought a suggestion to try the search function was a "stupid . . . response." For those of us who value our time and still wish to provide some assistance, it strikes a nice balance. In any event, I'm glad I didn't offend your fragile sensibilities by referring you to the search function.

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1217473773]

I hadn't realized that you thought a suggestion to try the search function was a "stupid . . . response." For those of us who value our time and still wish to provide some assistance, it strikes a nice balance. In any event, I'm glad I didn't offend your fragile sensibilities by referring you to the search function.</blockquote>

What makes you think your time is any more valuable than mine?

My questions were answered and I expressed gratitude to those like Graph and IR2 who responded.

It was a great thread that led to a field trip invitation to observe the whole process first hand.

What?s utterly ridiculous is that steppin? up and some others are afraid of asking a question or commenting fearing your response.

Last time I checked, IHB is a community where we all come together to learn and interact with each other.

[quote author="biscuitninja" date=1217477170]How did it go? Unfortunatley I was working...

-bix</blockquote>

Thank you to all who turned out. We had, by my count, 9 blogophiles out of 32 total attendees at the auction today.

Pick of the day was on <a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/14212-Utrillo-Dr-92606/home/4671841">14212 Utrillo</a>, a 3/2 single-level 1228sqft SFR in the Walnut area of Irvine, which went back to the bank at $425K. Keep an eye out for that one as it re-emerges soon.

[quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1217488691][quote author="biscuitninja" date=1217477170]How did it go? Unfortunatley I was working...

-bix</blockquote>

Thank you to all who turned out. We had, by my count, 9 blogophiles out of 32 total attendees at the auction today.

Pick of the day was on <a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/14212-Utrillo-Dr-92606/home/4671841">14212 Utrillo</a>, a 3/2 single-level 1228sqft SFR in the Walnut area of Irvine, which went back to the bank at $425K. Keep an eye out for that one as it re-emerges soon.</blockquote>

CS analysis figures that one is worth around $450K today... Any investor bid action on it? For $350-375K, it'd probably make a workable flip.

It was an interesting day down at the auction. It was good to see some regular IHBers and some new ones. Including one who wouldn't give his screen name but his (maybe) real name. Skek and I have bet going on whether it was Ten or Panda, and I say panda.

There were 189 properties scheduled for today at one time or another. So many were postponed and quite a few were postponed. They announce the postponements and cancellations before the auction begins, so the auction didn't get started until 2:45. Only about 50 were actually auctioned, 2 of which sold, one being <a href="http://www.zillow.com/HomeDetails.htm?zprop=63096478">241 Coral Rose</a> that sold for $430k. Not bad, seeing as how in 2005 it sold for $662,500.

We learned a few new things, like how the auctioneer can be authorized to bid up the price on behalf of the beneficiary/bank. Having been to around 10 auctions so far in the last year, this was a first for me, so it was good to learn something new. After the bidding stopped at around $150k, the bank took it back for that, but the real minimum was discovered to be $309k. Thanks dumb a$$ bank for wasting everyones time, I hope by the time you get around to marketing it and actually selling it it goes for $150k. Maybe the banks are just delaying the process to actually have their unrealized loss become a realized loss this way. Morons. I also got confirmation that there is another auction held there at 3pm, with one at 10am as well. So... you have three auctions at one location and two more auctions at two other locations a day now. Damn... that's a bunch of foreclosures.

It was a good experience, and I am sure it helped those with questions fell better about the process. Maybe I will see some of you there again.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1217515722]It was an interesting day down at the auction. It was good to see some regular IHBers and some new ones. Including one who wouldn't give his screen name but his (maybe) real name. Skek and I have bet going on whether it was Ten or Panda, and I say panda.

There were 189 properties scheduled for today at one time or another. So many were postponed and quite a few were postponed. They announce the postponements and cancellations before the auction begins, so the auction didn't get started until 2:45. Only about 50 were actually auctioned, 2 of which sold, one being <a href="http://www.zillow.com/HomeDetails.htm?zprop=63096478">241 Coral Rose</a> that sold for $430k. Not bad, seeing as how in 2005 it sold for $662,500.

We learned a few new things, like how the auctioneer can be authorized to bid up the price on behalf of the beneficiary/bank. Having been to around 10 auctions so far in the last year, this was a first for me, so it was good to learn something new. After the bidding stopped at around $150k, the bank took it back for that, but the real minimum was discovered to be $309k. Thanks dumb a$$ bank for wasting everyones time, I hope by the time you get around to marketing it and actually selling it it goes for $150k. Maybe the banks are just delaying the process to actually have their unrealized loss become a realized loss this way. Morons. I also got confirmation that there is another auction held there at 3pm, with one at 10am as well. So... you have three auctions at one location and two more auctions at two other locations a day now. Damn... that's a bunch of foreclosures.

It was a good experience, and I am sure it helped those with questions fell better about the process. Maybe I will see some of you there again.</blockquote>

Actually, I was wrong. There isn't a 10 a.m. auction at the Courthouse. It's someplace else. FWIW, here's today's schedule:

9:30 a.m. - Chapman Ave, Placentia

10 a.m. - Chapman Ave, Placentia

10 a.m. - 8180 E. Kaiser Blvd., Anaheim

11 a.m. - Chapman Ave, Placentia

2 p.m. - County Courthouse, Santa Ana

3 p.m. - 300 E. Chapman Ave, Orange

3 p.m. - County Courthouse, Santa Ana

Got foreclosures?

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1217476463]What makes you think your time is any more valuable than mine?

My questions were answered and I expressed gratitude to those like Graph and IR2 who responded.

It was a great thread that led to a field trip invitation to observe the whole process first hand.

What?s utterly ridiculous is that steppin? up and some others are afraid of asking a question or commenting fearing your response.

Last time I checked, IHB is a community where we all come together to learn and interact with each other.</blockquote>

I don't think my time is more valuable than yours. I think it is <em>equally</em> valuable, which is why I don't understand why asking someone to take 10 minutes to look up an answer is so heinous if it's also going to take someone else 10 minutes to re-respond to the question. You may also wish to re-read Stepping's comments prior to relying on them to illustrate your point. Taken as a whole, they don't say what you seem to think they said. If people fear "We have discussed this before; try the search function to find your answer," then I'm going to quit my job and conquer the world with my stare. I will admit to being perfunctory on occasion, but I'm certainly not rude about it.

Back