ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Yeah... but their truck/van is pretty cool.

Better than what Fisker made (although the Alaska truck was interesting).

Why hasn't China ever got into the US auto market? They make almost everything anyways.

Renting any car for $627 a month is a total waste of money. Buy what you can afford…leases are for suckers and penniless fools who are trying to impress others🤷🏽‍♂️😂😂😂

“As CarsDirect flagged up, BMW is currently offering the 2024 i4 eDrive35 for $499 a month over 36 months with $4,599 due at signing. That puts the effective monthly cost at $627.”

Fisker's doing an inventory dump before the SHTF. I'm sure parts will be near impossible to get and warranties may be worthless, but hey, it's a very inexpensive car now.
This is the scary part with the Ocean if the company goes away: https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxoPper1tkECDZbphD8RbuhSCxxqZZn3XX

This Ocean just had it's 12V battery replaced. We don't know why it failed, but it seems to be a somewhat common problem with Oceans at low mileage (2500 miles on this clock.) Once replaced, a bunch of calibrations need to be done which the mobile service guy didn't do. The result: lane keeping, the sunroof, the rear windows and "California Mode" don't work. Sadly you can't fix these issues yourself...

If you lease and you like BMWs (ahem @qwerty ), the i4 EV is Bavaria's lowest least... even compare to their ICE vehicles:

Take advantage of those gubment subsidies while you can. :)
A family of four can’t roll around in an i4 :)
we used to lease x5s before now we just buy them since the lease savings are really there anymore although the leases are trending in the right direction.

That’s brutal for a “growth” sector…the lesser comps will be even worse…🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽😂😂🦄🌈

Tesla shares fall after deliveries drop 8.5% from a year ago

· Tesla reported first-quarter vehicle deliveries of 386,810, a drop of 8.5% from the same quarter last year.

· According to a mean of 11 estimates compiled by FactSet, analysts were expecting deliveries of around 457,000 for the first three months of the year.

· This was Tesla’s first year-over-year decline in deliveries since 2020, when its operations were disrupted by the global pandemic.

· Here are the key numbers:

· Total deliveries Q1 2024: 386,810
Total production Q1 2024: 433,371

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/02/tesla-tsla-q1-2024-vehicle-delivery-and-production-numbers.html

We already discussed the tire wear.

It's not just EVs... my previous minivan ihomobiles also chewed through tires.

They say tires for EVs are like oil changes for ICE.

But it's also YMMV because my tires have been fine over 3+ years of use.
my Bolt tires are expensive, but I’ve bought one set. And we’re 80,000+ miles and the second isn’t near replacement.

my Bolt tires are expensive, but I’ve bought one set. And we’re 80,000+ miles and the second isn’t near replacement.
I had to recently replace a set of tires on a Model 3 after 19k miles. Sucks but too many other positives about the car to steer me away.

I got 32,000 miles before replacing my Continental pro contact EV stock tires. I changed to Continental pure contact regular tires.
EV tires are suppose to include some layer that makes it more quiet. I just bought regular tires. The pure contact Continentals have a thicker tread than pro contact. I haven't noticed a noise difference.

Never said they WOULD fail..only that they COULD fail….🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🦄🌈

Noted Tesla bear says Musk’s EV maker could ‘go bust’ and stock is worth $14

· Tesla could “go bust” while its stock could fall to $14, Per Lekander, a hedge fund manager who has been shorting Elon Musk’s electric car maker since 2020, told CNBC on Wednesday.

· His comments come after Tesla reported 386,810 vehicle deliveries in the first quarter of the year, significantly below even the lowest market estimates.

· Lekander joins a growing chorus of negative voices on Tesla which is facing a price war, intense competition from Chinese players and weakening demand for its electric cars.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/03/tes...rce=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.Mail

Back