ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
I love having an EV as a daily driver (tesla Model 3), but it's not as fun as my previous BMWs.

I went to look at getting a weekend Porsche to scratch that itch, insane how much money they are for 8 year old cars with 40k miles. Might have to wait a few more years of RSUs...

Get a used Taycan, should scratch some of the itch and can be a daily driver...the gen1s are coming down in price a lot, saw someone get a 2023 Neptune Blue GTS Sport Turismo for 90k and was a CPO, think it was close to a 180k sticker. Or just go on Turo and get a fun car for the weekend and that may also get rid of the itch for awhile.

True, it's a hybrid... With a 45 mile battery range best case. These vehicles use their ICE to do most of the heavy lifting throughout a driving day. Environmental cost to build also factored into the rankings, a better gauge of a vehicles "carbon footprint" than just the ICE engine component.

Couldn't pay me to buy a Mitsubishi. The only "green" feature on their cars is what you'll need to spend at their repair shops.

Last edited:
More clarity, PHEVs are hybrids that use the EV (battery electric motors) for most of the local/low speed driving and then the ICE for higher power/speed driving or when the battery is depleted. An ideal situation for a PHEV is mostly EV driving... if that is not the case, you would be better off with a regular hybrid. And if you don't plan to do the occasional long distance driving and have home/work charging, a pure EV would be a better choice over a PHEV.

This is regardless of "greenness" but for the other benefits of EV vehicles in regards to cost, operation and maintenance.

@daedalus The filling stations I see are at UCI and JWA, not too far away. If the Toyota lasts the full 6 years you have the $15k fuel to work through, my guess is that it would probably be spent. Hyundai's Hydrogen powered vehicle is trying to do the same sort of deal, reducing the price by $30k if financed, but yeah, if I was doing a great deal of out of state driving, it would be difficult to justify a purchase of one of these vehicles. If Toyota were to sweeten things by another $5k, I might jump at it since it pencils well at that level.

Get a used Taycan, should scratch some of the itch and can be a daily driver...the gen1s are coming down in price a lot, saw someone get a 2023 Neptune Blue GTS Sport Turismo for 90k and was a CPO, think it was close to a 180k sticker. Or just go on Turo and get a fun car for the weekend and that may also get rid of the itch for awhile.
I'm not sure I want a 'fancy' car as a daily driver, and i'm also worried about depreciation on electric cars. I don't care too much about my Model 3, because I basically treat it as a nice 'beater' car, it's comfortable, requires no maintenance, cheap to drive, and the back is filled with cheerios and other kid snacks.

Maybe I need to adopt a Liar Loan doomer mindset, but instead of Real Estate, i'm going for Porsche prices. THEY CAN'T STAY HIGH FOREVER. SOON EXPENSIVE CREDIT IS GOING TO DROP THE PRICE ALL OVER. IN TWO YEARS I'LL PICK UP A 2020 GTS FOR 55k!!!

I'm not sure I want a 'fancy' car as a daily driver, and i'm also worried about depreciation on electric cars. I don't care too much about my Model 3, because I basically treat it as a nice 'beater' car, it's comfortable, requires no maintenance, cheap to drive, and the back is filled with cheerios and other kid snacks.

Maybe I need to adopt a Liar Loan doomer mindset, but instead of Real Estate, i'm going for Porsche prices. THEY CAN'T STAY HIGH FOREVER. SOON EXPENSIVE CREDIT IS GOING TO DROP THE PRICE ALL OVER. IN TWO YEARS I'LL PICK UP A 2020 GTS FOR 55k!!!

The used Taycan market will prob go down another 10-15% by summer/Q3 IMO when the facelift is out, hopefully stay there for another couple years, but majority of the luxury vehicle is going to get hit regardless if its EV or ICE. I hope you get that GTS.

Ahhh…the market can be a cruel and expensive mistress…when the fools in charge do not understand business…the markets will teach them…(unfortunately, by losing our money)🤦🏽‍♂️😡😂😂🦄🌈

EV euphoria is dead. Automakers trumpet consumer choice for U.S. car shoppers​

• Automakers from Ford Motor and General Motors to Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen, Jaguar Land Rover and Aston Martin are scaling back or delaying their electric vehicle plans.
  • Though consumer demand for EVs hasn’t shown up in the way executives had expected, sales of the vehicles are still predicted to increase in the years to come.
  • A broad return to a more mixed offering of vehicles — with lineups of gas-powered vehicles alongside hybrids and fully electric options — assumes an all-electric future at a much slower pace, and it calls attention to ambitious EV targets set for the years ahead.

Like “target prices” and leasing cars…Markets sniff out the BS…😂😂😂🦄🌈

Do Only Suckers Buy EVs?

The latest evidence that electric vehicles are nothing more than environmental snake oil can be found in a recent Wall Street Journal article pointing out that these “clean” cars are actually more polluting than their gasoline-powered brethren.

They are “clean” cars. False.

They are cheaper to operate. False.

Their promised range is reliable. False.

But who’s going to call out these EV lies?

Auto companies? They’ve dumped a fortune into their electric car fleets and don’t want to see that money go up in flames.

The government? It’s pumping out billions of taxpayer dollars to prop up these “planet savers” and, at least while leftists run things, will never admit that green policies are massive waste of resources.

The media? They’re all-in on climate alarmism.

Consumer groups? They’re mostly far-left groups in bed with environmentalists and are willing to help everyone else cover up this consumer fraud.

The best thing car buyers can do is refuse to play the sucker.

https://issuesinsights.com/2024/03/14/do-only-suckers-buy-evs/

Doomed…again!….🤦🏽‍♂️🙄😆😆😆

Fisker cuts production guidance for Ocean EV after last-minute snags​

Electric vehicle startup Fisker on Tuesday reported a wider first-quarter loss than expected and cut its production guidance for the full year.
  • CEO Henrik Fisker told CNBC that the company expects regulatory approval to begin deliveries of the Ocean in the U.S. before the end of May.
  • It said it expects to build 1,400 to 1,700 vehicles in the second quarter, assuming its suppliers ramp up as expected.
Barbecue sauce…🍻😂😂😂

…as the tide goes out…no one wants to be seen without a bathing suit….😂😂😂🦄🌈

Bentley delays all-EV plan amid changing market conditions, vehicle development challenges

· Bentley Motors is pushing back its plans to transition to all-electric vehicles by a couple of years amid changes in market conditions and a delay in its first EV.

· CEO Adrian Hallmark said the carmaker remains committed to carbon neutrality and exclusively offering EVs, but it now plans to continue offering plug-in hybrids past 2030.

· Bentley is among a growing number of automakers to change, delay or cancel ambitious EV plans as global adoption grows slower than many expected.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/19/ben...rce=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.Mail

Volvo EVs still seem to be in demand:

And Ford has pivoted to affordable EVs:

Back