ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
If they matched production with customer demand, they'd have increased production on the Ford Maverick earlier.
That’s the point…produce what your buyers want. Management ran headlong into a government mandated illusion. Rash and foolish decisions lead to billions in losses, shareholder pain and job destruction..all in the persuit of unicorns, rainbows and virtue signaling…fools!😡🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂🦄🌈

We visited the new Rivian showroom in Laguna Beach this month. It is super nice as an architectural adaptive reuse but kind of odd in the sense that you cannot buy a car or place an order there. The product info people were really nice and it is a nice place to drink a coffee and next to some really soft touch EV marketing.

Hyundai shifting to EVs:

Also, like Tesla and VW, eyeing the $20k EV market (also known as $100k EV by morekaos):

Meanwhile, Ford is failing:

But battery tech is improving... over 600 miles on a single charge:

And Lucid trying to save themselves by coming out with cheaper models to compete with Model 3/Y.

Hyundai shifting to EVs:

Also, like Tesla and VW, eyeing the $20k EV market (also known as $100k EV by morekaos):

Meanwhile, Ford is failing:

But battery tech is improving... over 600 miles on a single charge:

And Lucid trying to save themselves by coming out with cheaper models to compete with Model 3/Y.

The 3 biggest negatives with most all of the current EVs offerings is the low range (sub 300 miles), the heavy added weight to the cars (uses up tires faster), and the non-Telsa charging network. If the solid state batteries weigh less and have a range of 600+ miles that would negate the non-Telsa charging network issue.

Everyone switching to NACS already will eliminate the non-Tesla charging network.

Local commuting cars don't need 300 miles... but they need to be cheaper (which some already lease lower than similar ICE cars... Kia Niro/Hyundai Kona).

My current EV lease is cheaper than that last 4 cars I've leased and 3 of them were ICE.

Everyone switching to NACS already will eliminate the non-Tesla charging network.

Local commuting cars don't need 300 miles... but they need to be cheaper (which some already lease lower than similar ICE cars... Kia Niro/Hyundai Kona).

My current EV lease is cheaper than that last 4 cars I've leased and 3 of them were ICE.
Yeah, I need Model 2 for local commute. 😂

Too delicious 😂😂😂🤦🏽‍♂️🦄🌈

Oh the Irony! Lithium Mining for EVs Is Far Worse Than Fracking​

Compared with fracking, mining, and lithium processing are far more environmentally destructive. Consider that irony.
Unfortunately, Lithium falls under the same umbrella as fossil fuels when it comes to extraction. Removing the materials can result in soil degradation, water shortages, biodiversity loss, damage to ecosystem functions, and an increase in global warming.
According to a report by Friends of the Earth, lithium extraction inevitably harms the soil and causes air contamination. As demand rises, the impact of mining will affect communities more and more.

If anyone is interested in Mercedes EV's (EQB, EQS, EQE, etc), they've got some crazy good end-of-year lease deals going on right now...

Over 7000 US dealers seem to think they will be selling lots of EVs next year (and that's just a start):

Happy holidays morekaos!
Not happy for most of the other dealers…

GM driving about half of its Buick dealers out of business with demand for upfront cash investment to handle electric vehicles​

Of course, this grim future depends on any company reaching the delusional targets that are being set for EV market share. The word "delusional" is appropriate because of consumers’ clear resistance to the outlandish cost and charging inconvenience of EVs. Plans from the feds, various states, and the captive automakers to force buyers into shelling out more for less convenient vehicles are analogous to pushing on a string. Germany, whose auto industry is vitally important to exports and employment, is already pushing back against EU EV mandates, and smart Toyota has long been very restrained in its EV commitments, preferring the hybrid technology that it pioneered, with far fewer drawbacks.

The dealership model has some good to it, it minimize this from happening: https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/tesla-musk-steering-suspension/
I read that article a few days ago. There's this particular sentence I didn't understand:

Tesla refused to cover the repairs, blaming the accident on “prior” suspension damage.

How could there be "prior" suspension damage when there was only 115 miles on the odometer? Owner should have sued Tesla and won easily.

The interesting part of this article to me isn't the cost of a Hyundai EV battery replacement (note: $60k is CAD, USD is $46k), but that insurance companies prefer writing off low mileage EV's, not repairing them due to extraordinary replacement costs. Anyone here experience this?

So fun being at the cutting edge, huh?....🤔 🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂🦄🌈

The perils of an electric car holiday road trip

Getting over the river and through the woods might be challenging this holiday season if the sleigh you're driving is an electric vehicle.
Why it matters: EVs are growing in popularity, including among rental fleets.
  • Featuring the latest gizmos and technologies, EVs are fun to drive and surprisingly spacious, making for a delightful way to travel.
  • But without proper preparation, inexperienced EV drivers could face some unwanted travel surprises during a season that's already pretty stressful.
https://www.axios.com/2023/12/20/pe...aign=newsletter_axioswhatsnext&stream=science

I road-tripped in Toyota's new electric SUV. Its painfully slow charging and short range made the drive take forever.

· I drove the new Toyota bZ4X electric SUV from New York to Washington DC, and back.

· The nine-hour drive involved three hours of charging.

· I learned the hard way that sometimes you need to choose between staying warm and maximizing range.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't curse these silly electric cars under my breath once or twice.

https://www.businessinsider.com/toyota-bz4x-electric-car-road-trip-charging-time-range-2023-4

Back