ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Behind in making BEVs instead of focusing on hybrids.

Their sole entry, the BZ4X is universally panned by EV experts in regards to range, features, and charging speed.

By behind in ICE tech... their "OS" for vehincles, entertainment, etc is dated. They are doing better with their Lexus brand but the Toyotas are basic. Which... to their credit, there is a market for, but they should have a few models that are more leading edge.

Their best sellers, the Prime versions of their vehicles (their name for plug in hybrid) are all under produced where they should be implementing that feature across their line... a Highlander Prime, a Sienna Prime, a Tacoma Prime if they are not going to embrace EVs. Instead they come out with tweaked version of their cars... the Corolla Cross, the Venza reboot, the Grand Highlander etc.

If anything... forget the hybrid category altogether and focus on high MPG gas (lower cost and don't have to worry about a battery) and PHEV (Prime). But that's me... I don't even think the PHEV category is very good anymore (I used to think PHEV was the best of both world). Just get an EV or straight ICE (and forget the Hybrid and PHEV categories).

Haha... Toyota getting AI rolled on their "electrified" strategy:

As much as I love Toyotas... they are really behind not just in their EVs but also their ICE tech.
you really think a monster corporation like Toyota gives a rats about a couple of loser hackers that live in their mommy’s basement? Did you read anything but Electrec? You may not like my posts, but I post from all over the place, not just one website🤷🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🦄🌈

The grand Highlander is growing on me but a 4 cylinder engine in a car that big doesn’t seem like a good idea.

Traditional hybrids do seem to sell to pretty well for Toyota so they must be doing something right. From the car reviews I’ve seen their OS does seem to be dated, but I think most people use CarPlay or the android equivalent.

If Toyota is behind on ICE it seems like all ICE manufactures are behind as well. For highway driving I think a regular ICE camry gives you 39 MPG which is pretty damn good considering the hybrid gives you 53 mpg on the highway. In the city the difference is higher (29 vs 51).

I guess I’ll just continue with my caveman ways driving my ICE cars. Maybe ill just start hanging out with Morekaos and we can brag about whose car gets less MPG :)

Toyota is dangling the carrot…the always coming soon solid state battery that charges in half the time and has twice the range…so buyers today should hold on buying EVs and wait for Toyotas solid state EVs…

If Toyota is behind on ICE it seems like all ICE manufactures are behind as well. For highway driving I think a regular ICE camry gives you 39 MPG which is pretty damn good considering the hybrid gives you 53 mpg on the highway. In the city the difference is higher (29 vs 51).
I wasn't referring to ICE engine technology... I was referring to driver technology.

The irony about this is morekaos keeps pointing out how EVs are bad because batteries are just as bad for the environment without realizing that his praises of Toyota's hybrid technology also uses batteries.

If Toyota just focused on high MPG ICE engines... I could respect that, but the hybrid is just that... a hybrid which really doesn't embrace either and is just waffling... while it has high MPG, it has the drawbacks of both EVs and gas engines.

And yes, as Motor Court says, they keep showing off their solid state battery tech but aren't doing anything with it.

Yet another burned by drinking the koolaid and making foolish, rash decisions with shareholder money. The market has no pity…
  • Hertz — Hertz’s stock price shed 2.8% on a Jefferies price target cut and downgrade to hold from buy. The firm said that electric vehicle repair issues and depreciation expenses will limit the company’s near-term profitability, even as Hertz plans to sell roughly a third of its EV fleet and instead reinvest in gas vehicles.

Build what people want…👍🏽😂😂😂🇺🇸

Ford cuts production of F-150 Lightning EV, adds jobs at Bronco and Ranger plant​

• Ford is increasing production of its Bronco SUV and Ranger pickup, while cutting production of its all-electric F-150 Lightning, the automaker said Friday.
  • The announced cut to Lightning production comes a month after CNBC and other media outlets reported Ford would slash planned production of the pickup roughly in half this year.
  • The automaker will be reducing production of the Lightning at its Rouge Electric Vehicle Center in Michigan to one production shift from two, impacting approximately 1,400 employees.

<<
Shares of EV startup Rivian (RIVN) are up over 14% Friday after Wedbush analyst Dan Ives upgraded his price target. Ives cited the EV maker is making “a major turning point” in its execution strategy, raising Rivian stock price target to $30 a share from $25.

Rivian stock price target upgrade fuels rally​

Rivian’s stock rally has lasted over a week, with share prices increasing over 80% since June 27, 2023.

After shattering analyst estimates earlier this week, delivering 12,640 electric vehicles, and producing 13,992 units in the second quarter, Rivian stock rose over 13% alone. Since then, Rivian shares have continued trending higher.
>>

Seeing more and more Rivians around Irvine.
You were saying?…🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂😂
IMG_1662.png

So when I show rises you say "blah blah blah".... so when you show drops... same same.

Is this news that a stock goes up and down? Even RACE has its dips.

Nothing 🍔

Ford still cutting EV production:

The shine on their EV truck has faded, esp with Rivian getting production to meet demand (they now offer leases on both the R1T and the R1S) and Tesla finally putting CyberTrucks on the road.

I still think the Lightning is the best EV truck but Ford does not have good purchase or lease incentives which is also a cause of the waning demand. Meanwhile Kia/Hyundai have great incentives which is why you are seeing and uptick in their sales (and as we've seen, Tesla keeps cutting prices to make it harder for others to compete with them).

Also Fed credits got more restrictive again for 2024, so Ford needs to do their own incentivizing and stop relying on government cheese.

at the discretion of the manufacturer not giveaways from the government. Free vs forced…and that’s our money subsidizing your toys😡👎🏽🦄🌈

Current credits are too restrictive for many to qualify (including us).

When we got the Tesla a few years ago, there were zero Fed credits for them... so my toys are just as much as yours.

Is Rivian your new "pick on stock" since your TSLA fail call didn't work out?

Let's see what happens in a year... but then you will just say 2 is double of 1 just like your nitpicking sales growth.

Back