ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
But most people who rent are driving around town, so range isn't an issue. At all.
I just traveled over the break for a hockey tournament in Colorado. Our hotel boasted of having electric charging as one of their amenities. When I got there, it ended up being a single charging station with three cars crowded around it each night. It sure would have been stressful to have to fight for that single charging station!

The gas-powered vehicle I rented used a single tank of gas and at $2.50/gallon it cost me $30 to fill up before I dropped it at the airport.

You would think, but I rented a Polestar 2 EV last year from Hertz. It was almost brand new (<50 miles on the odo) but the idiots didn't fully charge the car.
I'm just saying range isn't an issue for driving around town. What you mentioned is another issue, not unlike someone not filling up the tank.

MB EV sales 250% over previous year.

Hyundai/Kia surpass Ford/GM in EV sales only behind Tesla.

Numbers don't lie... more people are buying EVs.

Someone likes to play fuzzy math but it doesn't matter, numbers going up says something.

You keep saying the same thing whereas my posts show that each automaker is increasing their EV sales. I don’t bother to post links as much because you don’t read anyways… even your own links as I’ve proven on numerous occasions.

But it’s ok, you’re still in denial over Tesla and wallowing in your failure to recognize their success.

And at least I’ll mention when EV brands fail… you have no objectivity which is why people don’t bother to converse with you.

repeating the truth does seem boring. And there really isn’t any need to converse when pretty much everything i say was right, much like Covid.😂😂😂👍🏽🇺🇸

And you wonder why no one is conversing with you in any of those threads... esp the ones you created.

And you were calling me out on being cogent... you're basically TI Daily Mail.

I'm just saying range isn't an issue for driving around town. What you mentioned is another issue, not unlike someone not filling up the tank.

I'm agreeing with you in principle while providing an actual experience of a car renter for a practical reason why EVs make sense in principle but Hertz screwed up the execution.

BMW knows that EVs are the future:

BMW has crossed the “tipping point” as the automaker shifts from gas-powered vehicles to EVs. According to BMW’s CFO, from here on out, most of its growth will come from electric vehicles.

After nearly doubling (+74%) EV sales last year with over 375,000 electric models sold, BMW doesn’t see the growth slowing.

In the fourth quarter, BMW saw demand pick up with 129,316 EVs handed over, up 47.7% year-over-year (YOY). With that, BMW’s EVs accounted for 15% of total sales last year, hitting its target.

BMW brand EVs were in high demand, with over 330,500 models delivered last year. The BMW iX1 and BMW i4 were the top sales drivers.

Meanwhile, with the launch of the i5 last year, BMW now has an all-electric option in each of its main segments.

The fully electric BMW i4 M50 remained the top-selling BMW M car for the second straight year.

Jochen Goller, BMW board member, said the brand expects “to sell more than half a million fully-electric vehicles in 2024.”

Source of article is actually Bloomberg.

I did not read the article, but my wife looked at the 2024 iX and while they were in the 95K to 100K range they leased significantly better than the X5 which was in the low 80s. BMW was definitely supporting leases as the IX lease deals kept getting better throughout 2023.

So you have to take some of these numbers with a grain of salt. If they discount the cars enough they will move. I did like the frosted glass feature, I wish the X5 had that. We did like that iX drove like a regular car which was nice.

But in end we went with ICE.

yah…with it 40 degrees outside I wish I had bought a shiny new EV…like these suckers…😂😂😂🦄🌈

EV drivers discover fundamental flaw in car battery tech as -30F temperatures hit the US​

Chicago-area Tesla charging stations lined with dead cars in freezing cold: 'A bunch of dead robots out here'​

Your post doesn’t make sense. 40 degrees here is not even close to the temps you posted in your links.

More typical morekaos misinformation.

Back