How much will IPO sell his place for?

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1216093355][quote author="bkshopr" date=1216091665]

Frank Agahi has the ugliest sign.</blockquote>

This was my first trip to West Irvine and I was unimpressed.

The layout of those homes is horrible.

They?re so close together, Ipop could open his front door and literally slap his neighbor.

That was no street either.

Seems more like a glorified alley to me.

The view from Ipop?s front door is straight towards the neighbor?s wall.

The neighbor's house to the north sits conveniently elevated, well above Ipops.

Getting there was like navigating thru an obstacle course.

The streets are narrow to begin with and are lined up and down with cars.

Don?t homes there come with a garage?

Grade my critique Bkshopr</blockquote>

West Irvine was TIC's value village so amenities and streetscape were kept basic to achieve affodability. Yes it is not like Northpark but the buyers did not pay much for the homes.

Comparing this product to a townhome (cost similarly to a townhome) yes his front door is sharing the same front yard as the neighbors but at least his door mat is not touching his neighbors like a townhouse entrance situation.

One of the reasons for the density success of this product is the frugality of land dedicated to the wide streets. Buyers have to pay for the common area such as the open space and road in the land residual calculation. Ipo's purchase price was almost purely related to his home rather than wasted roads outside his home.

Since the curb distance between his driveway apron and his neighbors is less than 22' (car dimension for curb edge parking) no car can fit there so the street is narrower for no parking situation. If the street is built wider Ipo will probably sneak his SUV in the space blocking part of his and neighbors driveways. City of Irvine has the foresight for this type of parking violation so a wider street could not be approved even the homeowners wanted to.

Grade is a challenging issue even for a relatively flat lot 2%. Streets are required to have 2% gradient for positive water flow to the gutters. The streets to the north of Ipo's street is 300' away and in order to have water flow at 2% the topographical differential of the 2 streets is 300x.02=6'. This is why there is a high retaining wall between Ipo's northerly neighbors.

Homes do come with a 2 car garage but due to the lack of storage in smaller sf of these homes people store things in the garage so many cars are parked outside against HOA rules. When homeowners and visitors cars are parked by curbside then the street became narrow and harder to maneuver as you have pointed out.

I would not grade your critique but hope to shed light on the technical issues and compare this to only similar products with same density. This is by far the most clever jig jaw puzzle to handle higher density living without sharing walls and doormat.

Asian gangs represent all nations.... <a href="http://www.streetgangs.com/asian/">just a sign of the times.</a>

<object width="325" height="250"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/youtube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="325" height="250"></embed></object>

When I drive through Berdoo, (on the 15?), I drive as quickly as legally possible, (maybe not legally), and pray I do not have to stop.

Trooper,

Why are you featuring my LA cousins on YouTube? So is there such a thing as Asian gangs in Irvine? Chinese Gangs, Japanese Gangs, Korean Gangs, Flipino Gangs... Now that is my kinda place....

[quote author="acpme" date=1216259674]

what it looks like to me is you want ipo and the other guy should take their shirts off and get close together, then invite some other old guy to lean in between them and stare at his package. don't do it, ipo!</blockquote>

That?s quite an interpretation.

Hey man, to each his own.

Sounds like your insecure about your physique or lack of one.

Why else would you feel uncomfortable walking around/being seen with your shirt off?

I?m guessing you don?t hit the beach, pool, or shop at A&F;either.

Follow the Panda for a tune up at the gym.

Believe me, you?ll be grateful for all the new attention your going to receive.

Instead of criticizing maybe you should try boxing.

The Sweet Science helps build self-confidence, the cornerstone of success.

[quote author="irvine123" date=1216256662]if you are single, what TEN suggested is probably THE approach to take.

But remember you have a kid and wife, he knows where you live where you work now....The rest is all to your imagination ( are you 100% sure he does't have a viet gang relative living in WM or GG? )</blockquote>

When your young you do STUPID things. Like get in a fight with some dumbazz over his missing

rebate check and his change of address issues.

All it takes is for this guy to be some nut job and come back with a gun. BANG.

Not worth it. Check all that macho crap at the door please. You have a wife and kids.

Let the young and over "Roided" group play in the front yard over some none issue

that was never a threat in the first place. Just an annoyance.

<blockquote>Sounds like your insecure about your physique or lack of one.

Why else would you feel uncomfortable walking around/being seen with your shirt off?

<strong> I?m guessing you don?t hit the beach, pool, or shop at A&F;either.</strong>

The Sweet Science helps build self-confidence, the cornerstone of success.</blockquote>

Oh no you di'n't! Two words: EPIC. BURN.

Only a Trojan could come up with such a witty rejoinder. Fight On!

[quote author="muffdaddy" date=1216270580]<blockquote>Sounds like your insecure about your physique or lack of one.

<strong> I?m guessing you don?t hit the beach, pool, or shop at A&F;either.</strong>

The Sweet Science helps build self-confidence, the cornerstone of success.</blockquote>

Oh no you di'n't! Two words: EPIC. BURN.

Only a Trojan could come up with such a witty rejoinder. Fight On!</blockquote>

Thank you my brother

Way to represent!

[quote author="acpme" date=1216180659]Sometimes when I feel like killing someone, I do a little trick to calm myself down. I'll go over to the persons house and ring the doorbell.

When the person comes to the door, I'm gone, but you know what I've left on the porch? A jack-o-lantern with a knife stuck in the side of it's

head with a note that says "You." After that I usually feel a lot better, and no harm done.</blockquote>

What no credit to Jack Handey for that?!?!?!? Plagiarism on the IHB! :)

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1216264171]

West Irvine was TIC's value village so amenities and streetscape were kept basic to achieve affodability. Yes it is not like Northpark but the buyers did not pay much for the homes.

Comparing this product to a townhome (cost similarly to a townhome) yes his front door is sharing the same front yard as the neighbors but at least his door mat is not touching his neighbors like a townhouse entrance situation.

One of the reasons for the density success of this product is the frugality of land dedicated to the wide streets. Buyers have to pay for the common area such as the open space and road in the land residual calculation. Ipo's purchase price was almost purely related to his home rather than wasted roads outside his home.

Since the curb distance between his driveway apron and his neighbors is less than 22' (car dimension for curb edge parking) no car can fit there so the street is narrower for no parking situation. If the street is built wider Ipo will probably sneak his SUV in the space blocking part of his and neighbors driveways. City of Irvine has the foresight for this type of parking violation so a wider street could not be approved even the homeowners wanted to.

Grade is a challenging issue even for a relatively flat lot 2%. Streets are required to have 2% gradient for positive water flow to the gutters. The streets to the north of Ipo's street is 300' away and in order to have water flow at 2% the topographical differential of the 2 streets is 300x.02=6'. This is why there is a high retaining wall between Ipo's northerly neighbors.

Homes do come with a 2 car garage but due to the lack of storage in smaller sf of these homes people store things in the garage so many cars are parked outside against HOA rules. When homeowners and visitors cars are parked by curbside then the street became narrow and harder to maneuver as you have pointed out.

I would not grade your critique but hope to shed light on the technical issues and compare this to only similar products with same density. This is by far the most clever jig jaw puzzle to handle higher density living without sharing walls and doormat.</blockquote>

bkshopr - I've been in this forum for almost 1.5 years now and whenever you post I always wonder how come you know so much about everything. Do you work for a real estate development company in Irvine or just a wide reader that holds information like a sponge? Regardless it's pretty amazing.

[quote author="PANDA" date=1216267495]Trooper,

Why are you featuring my LA cousins on YouTube? So is there such a thing as Asian gangs in Irvine? Chinese Gangs, Japanese Gangs, Korean Gangs, Flipino Gangs... Now that is my kinda place....</blockquote>

Yes they are called SAT Warriors.

<em>Do you work for a real estate development company in Irvine or just a wide reader that holds information like a sponge?</em>

Now, here is where I think "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" would actually be a useful tool.

[quote author="Trooper" date=1216275089]<em>Do you work for a real estate development company in Irvine or just a wide reader that holds information like a sponge?</em>

Now, here is where I think "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" would actually be a useful tool.</blockquote>

This is what I do for a living <a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/2533/">http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/2533/</a>

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1216277252]Ipo,

Are you ready to reveal the selling price yet?</blockquote>

Marco?

Just like the internet found commercial

I think Ipop?s hiding from the guy.

Btw, I know you loved my critique of Ipop?s crib, just didn?t want to say so.

I understand completely.

The last thing these good people want is for you and I to be on the same page.

I don't know where I got the idea from, but I thought Ten was in his 30's. I think it was from discussions about settling down. Is he in his 20's still?

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1216279950][quote author="bkshopr" date=1216277252]Ipo,

Marco?

Just like the internet found commercial

I think Ipop?s hiding from the guy.

Btw, I know you loved my critique of Ipop?s crib, just didn?t want to say so.

I understand completely.

The last thing these good people want is for you and I to be on the same page.</blockquote>

Wow, you are actually rational. If Ipo's house does not sell then it must be your critique that influenced the buyers mind.

Congratulation your analytical skills encompasses more than just women.

If we were on the same page then we would be known otherwise as Felix and Oscar.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1216277252]Ipo,

Nope, not yet bk. Things are a bit fluid with the transaction right now...

At least Ten is aspiring to be more like BK, which is certainly an improvement. The only problem is that designer capsules to improve one's intellect haven't made it to the market yet.

Back