How much will IPO sell his place for?

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1216099501]What people choose to spend their money on / lifestyle is irrelevant.

People across the board here are waiting for prices to come down.

Whether it?s a starter condo or pretentious mansion, doesn't matter.</blockquote>

For those waiting for starter condos to come down in price, I hope for their sakes they didn't drop $100K on something to get them around town... I can't imagine writing a check for a hundy just to drive something off the lot. Yikes!

What?s with all the hostility?

Put the bazooka down.

I went out of my way to come check out the Casa de Ipo.

Should I not share my thoughts or opinions?

Not making stuff up, those were my impressions and I wanted to share them.

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1216103491]What?s with all the hostility?

Put the bazooka down.

Not making stuff up, those were my impressions and I wanted to share them.</blockquote>

I think I've got carry-over hostility from the confrontation I had yesterday with the former tenant of the new rental Casa De IPO. If my wife wasn't shouting me down, I'd probably be in jail today for laying out someone in my very own front yard...

I'm always inclined the settle things more according to my southern and IE roots, which usually doesn't involve walking away and calling the PD, but more typically some bloody knuckles or a handy baseball bat.

[quote author="ipoplaya" date=1216105402][quote author="tenmagnet" date=1216103491]What?s with all the hostility?

Put the bazooka down.

Not making stuff up, those were my impressions and I wanted to share them.</blockquote>

I think I've got carry-over hostility from the confrontation I had yesterday with the former tenant of the new rental Casa De IPO. If my wife wasn't shouting me down, I'd probably be in jail today for laying out someone in my very own front yard...

I'm always inclined the settle things more according to my southern and IE roots, which usually doesn't involve walking away and calling the PD, but more typically some bloody knuckles or a handy baseball bat.</blockquote>

Wow! You got my curiosity up. Do tell. What was the beef?

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1216098241]

I headed to Vegas to have fun and watch the UFC show.

Going to the Affliction show this Sat. at the Honda Center (Go Fedor!).

</blockquote>

Tenmag - Oh no! Do not tell me you and I have something in common. By UFC show, are you speaking of mixed martial arts?

[quote author="awgee" date=1216117027][quote author="ipoplaya" date=1216105402][quote author="tenmagnet" date=1216103491]What?s with all the hostility?

Put the bazooka down.

I'm always inclined the settle things more according to my southern and IE roots, which usually doesn't involve walking away and calling the PD, but more typically some bloody knuckles or a handy baseball bat.</blockquote>

Wow! You got my curiosity up. Do tell. What was the beef?</blockquote>

Guy showed up a few weeks ago and asked if we had any of his mail by chance. Said no but we offered to hold his mail for him as he was supposedly expecting his rebate check. He comes by a few times, once at 9:30pm when the kids were already asleep. I tell him he should probably call first and see if we have anything before he comes over. Nothing comes for him, he calls last week and the wife tells him so. So yesterday, ding dong he shows up again looking for his check. Didn't call first... I was working on something so my wife answers the door and tells he we have nothing. The conversation is taking longer than such a thing should take so I walk out front and ask "what's the problem". Basically he doesn't believe we don't have his check and then tells me he that he put something addressed to himself into our mailbox to see if we'd call him.

At this point, I started getting unhinged as 1) we tried to do something nice for the guy and he's not getting with the program, i.e. call first, see if we have mail, don't come to the house uninvited and I'm tiring of the harassment, 2) he is standing on my porch suggesting that we have stolen his rebate check, and 3) he just admitted that he is tampering with our mail... As all this flashes through my mind in a few nanoseconds I start unleashing on the guy. Tidbits such as "Did you realize its a felony to tamper with the US mail?", "Do you want PD and the postal inspector all over a$$?!", "What the F would I want with your paltry rebate check, I can probably buy you three times over?!", all with increasing volume and menacing movement toward him... He undoubtedly realizes he's gotten himself into an unfortunate situation with a very angry man that outweighs him by perhaps 80lbs. (he is a fairly slight full asian dude in perhaps his mid 30's) and starts backing toward his car and taking a less accusatory tone. I follow him down the driveway with some additional colorful language, something along the lines of "Don't ever let me catch you on my Fing street again!" and "If your Fing check comes you can bet it'll go in the trash...", with fists cocked ready to put to unload on the dude.

He makes it to his car without injury and my wife finally succeeds in redirecting me. My wife remembers that she saw him at our mailbox not long after we have moved in, a fact she forgot to pass on to me, so he's evidently tampered with our mailbox and/or gone through our mail multiple times. I think the dude has forgotten that he told me what apartment complex he lives in now during our first conversation weeks ago... I scouted it yesterday and took down the plate numbers on the three cars like his parked in stalls, which I assume he is probably doing because he moved recently and his garage is likely full of stuff. With relatively little effort, I could probably figure out exactly which unit in that complex he lives at and show up at his door. If I see him around my neighborhood again, I'll need to decide to take care of it the Irvine way, i.e. call the PD and notify the Postal Inspectors Office or the IE way, which would likely involve an additional "discussion" at his residence or better yet, place of work. Hopefully he got the message loud and clear, but one never knows if people will make the smart choice...

1) That's quite entertaining.

2) It's NOT worth getting into trouble over. You have more to lose than him.

Did he not submit a change of address form with the post office?

[quote author="Daedalus" date=1216127734]1) That's quite entertaining. 2) It's NOT worth getting into trouble over.

Did he not submit a change of address form with the post office?</blockquote>

I guess he did not for some unknown reason. My wife started writing "not at this address" on everything shortly after we moved and we really haven't received anything since...

Mmmm... sounds to me like the stress of the merger/moving/home sale/nutty IHBers taking pictures of the home for sale was taken out on this guy. Poor guy, if he only saw the pictures... then he never would have showed up at your door. If I were you, I would take a step back and look at how pathetic this guy is. He is desperate, and he sounds like some of the trolls we have had here in the past. Seriously... a rebate check? I think you made your point clear with it being a felony to mess with your mail. If he has the gall to show up again, you should take the mature route, not the old school route, and get IPD on it. It will probably be the highlight of their day anyway. Not to say that it wouldn't be fun to jack up his car, remove the wheels, drop it on ice blocks, and leave the wheels on his doorstep while the heat will melt the ice blocks down before he wakes up... just to get a picture of his face in the morning wondering WHTF he is going to get to work. Not that I have ever done such a thing. I mean, I grew up in OC and only people that grew up in the IE would even think of something like that. :coolhmm:

[quote author="Cal?s Caddy" date=1216176697]Please tell me IPO's wife got this on video... I'm searching YouTube right now. :)</blockquote>

I imagine the beat-down would have gone something like this...

<object width="325" height="250"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/youtube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="325" height="250"></embed></object>

*AND STAY OUTTA MY MAILBOX*

Sometimes when I feel like killing someone, I do a little trick to calm myself down. I'll go over to the persons house and ring the doorbell.

When the person comes to the door, I'm gone, but you know what I've left on the porch? A jack-o-lantern with a knife stuck in the side of it's

head with a note that says "You." After that I usually feel a lot better, and no harm done.

[quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1216178230][quote author="Cal?s Caddy" date=1216176697]Please tell me IPO's wife got this on video... I'm searching YouTube right now. :)</blockquote>

I imagine the beat-down would have gone something like this...

*AND STAY OUTTA MY MAILBOX*</blockquote>

Nah, I'd bust out the nunchaku and it would look something like this:

<object width="325" height="250"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/youtube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="325" height="250"></embed></object>

[quote author="awgee" date=1216117170][quote author="tenmagnet" date=1216098241]

I headed to Vegas to have fun and watch the UFC show.

Going to the Affliction show this Sat. at the Honda Center (Go Fedor!).

</blockquote>

Tenmag - Oh no! Do not tell me you and I have something in common. By UFC show, are you speaking of mixed martial arts?</blockquote>

Yeah, I was at the Jackson-Griffin fight.

Great fight!

Too bad, Rampage lost.

Are you going to the Affiliction show?

This will be the first time I will get to see Fedor in action.

The UFC is doing a show free on SPIKE TV.

Anderson Silva?s moved up and is fighting at Light Heavy.

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1216192438]Uhm..nevermind.

Looks like Rampage was just arrested in Newport Beach.

Saw it on TMZ.com</blockquote>

What a dumbass... Story is on the Register site too. He just lost a bunch of sponsor money. Probably will be hearing from Toyo and Boost Mobile guys very soon.

Yes, as much as the guy deserves a beating. Much like many of the drivers that tailgate me on a daily basis. But sometimes you have to step back and think of the legal consequences. Imagine, he gets his ass whooped. But then comes back with a lawsuit. It's not worth it.

You gained $200k in the sales and now have to pay for his medical bills from a jail cell. You won't see your love ones for years. When in anger. Stop and think of the consequences.

While I agree with most of what reason said, this comment <em>"You won?t see your love ones for years</em>" is simply not true. With jail overcrowding what it is, he would get a couple of weeks tops.... that is, if he didn't work out a plea agreement with X amount of community service hours.

It's wishful thinking that people who commit crimes will actually serve the suggested sentence.

The dude's check came today... I went the good karma route and gave him a call. Let him have it some on the phone, e.g. "Because I'm a better person than you, I'll give your check although you probably don't deserve it". He made the requisite grand apologies, offered to take me and the wife out to dinner (yeah right, wouldn't that be fun, NOT!), etc. so I'll take the check along with me to work and let him come pick it up I guess. I'd still like to throttle the guy, as to me mail is sacred, but since I'm higher up on the food chain I should act like it...

Back