How much will IPO sell his place for?

ipoplaya_IHB

skek won the poll on how long it would take to hit escrow... Let's see who is astute enough to guess the closing price!

I'll say above $591 but below full list price. At least for this particular escrow. I hope your property doesn't fall out of escrow and you have to start over. It sucks when that happens.

It's got to be pretty close to asking otherwise you would have waited a tad bit longer.......so I'm also guessing 591-600.

Crap, I messed up my own poll. Can someone with much more power than I fix the first line?

<em>Ipo got busted for TMI. It was requested that I edit this comment.

Love,

graphcakes</em>

Congrats IR2 and Ipo!

That was perfect timing to list the house with the long weekend and all. Funny thing that I was the only IHB regular to see Ipo both days of the open house.

I'm betting that the house sold for over asking right around $605k. This almost feels like playing the price is right.

I guess you guys follow 111 Waterman's lead. Less than a week from listing and it entered escrow just as I expected.

-Arctic

[quote author="arctichaze" date=1215604007]Congrats IR2 and Ipo!

That was perfect timing to list the house with the long weekend and all. Funny thing that I was the only IHB regular to see Ipo both days of the open house.

I'm betting that the house sold for over asking right around $605k. This almost feels like playing the price is right.

I guess you guys follow 111 Waterman's lead. Less than a week from listing and it entered escrow just as I expected.

-Arctic</blockquote>

So what was your wife's and inlaws feedback? I didn't see the love in your wife's eyes... She wants a more traditional and/or larger kitchen right?

Honestly, we were only so-so on the kitchen when we bought the place. It grows on you though... I definitely preferred the plan 4 kitchen in units like ours, which is much larger and can accomodate a decent-sized island. I think plan 4's like 111 Waterman will always sell well and hold value reasonably as they are a great layout and not much wasted space. They don't come on the market nearly as frequently...

[quote author="ipoplaya" date=1215604843][quote author="arctichaze" date=1215604007]Congrats IR2 and Ipo!

-Arctic</blockquote>

So what was your wife's and inlaws feedback? I didn't see the love in your wife's eyes... She wants a more traditional and/or larger kitchen right?

Honestly, we were only so-so on the kitchen when we bought the place. It grows on you though... I definitely preferred the plan 4 kitchen in units like ours, which is much larger and can accomodate a decent-sized island. I think plan 4's like 111 Waterman will always sell well and hold value reasonably as they are a great layout and not much wasted space. They don't come on the market nearly as frequently...</blockquote>

Honestly it was the kitchen. She has a hard time accepting that our 1 bedroom has a bigger kitchen. Oddly enough I'm the one that cooks and I could manage with your kitchen. I would have placed and offer at 111 Waterman because like you said the kitchen was bigger and it includes the island plus the layout of the 1st floor gives it a SFR feel. But by the time we decided to visit the property, 2 days from the initial date of listing -it was already sold. Besides it closed for asking which was a tad bit over budget. Knowing that and after looking at you house I'm sure the frustrated buyers of 111 Waterman would definitely scoop up your house since its a better deal price wise.

Right on IPO and IR2!! After seeing the place in person, I knew it was going quick. I'm saying $610k, if this is what somebody was looking for I can imagine they would want to make sure they locked it up before the next guy did. When I told my wife that your place hit escrow that quick, she said (and she is WAY picky) that it was hands down the nicest staging of any resale house she had ever been in. And we do a LOT of open houses. I agree with her.

Arctichaze --- just curious, you were not by chance the guy who made the statement on Saturday (while standing in the kitchen) "these floors will hold up great to someone walking on with heels, they won't get damaged" --- to which his girl said "is there something you are not telling me??!!". I figured that had to be an IHB couple, and just trying to figure out who it was....

[quote author="ipoplaya" date=1215603656]Crap, I messed up my own poll. Can someone with much more power than I fix the first line?</blockquote>

I fixed your poll. As much as I didn't want to touch your poll, I still did it. Now, you can't say "What have ever done for me graph?"

[quote author="skek" date=1215603393]I'm going to double down on the dynamic duo of ipop and IR2. More than $600k.</blockquote>

I have to go with, the trend is your friend, hypothesis and say over $600k. But, I do know IR2's pricing theory, and how he tries to find that "one" buyer.

Congrats to Ipo and IR2! Job well done by the both of you. An especially good job by IR2, not only for doing the listing right, but for not letting Ipo's stubbornness win.

[quote author="CK" date=1215606663]Right on IPO and IR2!! After seeing the place in person, I knew it was going quick. I'm saying $610k, if this is what somebody was looking for I can imagine they would want to make sure they locked it up before the next guy did. When I told my wife that your place hit escrow that quick, she said (and she is WAY picky) that it was hands down the nicest staging of any resale house she had ever been in. And we do a LOT of open houses. I agree with her.

Arctichaze --- just curious, you were not by chance the guy who made the statement on Saturday (while standing in the kitchen) "these floors will hold up great to someone walking on with heels, they won't get damaged" --- to which his girl said "is there something you are not telling me??!!". I figured that had to be an IHB couple, and just trying to figure out who it was....</blockquote>

What's up CK? Yeah that was me and my wife. I think I remember who you were. The reason for my statement was my wife wears heels to work on a daily basis and I've seen those things destroy floors and even my rubber floor mats in my car. But like I said laminated flooring can survive against the wrath of high heels.

My wife had the similar comment "That's the best staged resale ever, it looks like a model home" 81 Sapphire came 2nd in the West Irvine area. I don't know if you saw that open house.

[quote author="arctichaze" date=1215612217][quote author="CK" date=1215606663]Right on IPO and IR2!! After seeing the place in person, I knew it was going quick. I'm saying $610k, if this is what somebody was looking for I can imagine they would want to make sure they locked it up before the next guy did. When I told my wife that your place hit escrow that quick, she said (and she is WAY picky) that it was hands down the nicest staging of any resale house she had ever been in. And we do a LOT of open houses. I agree with her.

Arctichaze --- just curious, you were not by chance the guy who made the statement on Saturday (while standing in the kitchen) "these floors will hold up great to someone walking on with heels, they won't get damaged" --- to which his girl said "is there something you are not telling me??!!". I figured that had to be an IHB couple, and just trying to figure out who it was....</blockquote>

What's up CK? Yeah that was me and my wife. I think I remember who you were. The reason for my statement was my wife wears heels to work on a daily basis and I've seen those things destroy floors and even my rubber floor mats in my car. But like I said laminated flooring can survive against the wrath of high heels.

My wife had the similar comment "That's the best staged resale ever, it looks like a model home" 81 Sapphire came 2nd in the West Irvine area. I don't know if you saw that open house.</blockquote>

Yep. You had both "outed" yourselves to me, but I didn't know if you wanted to share that with each other.

Indeed, grats! It goes to show you, what pricing it right, good pictures / staging, and a good agent will do. You'll never ever chase the market down.

hehe, now ipoplaya can start looking for his next move up house :) (I would wait till at least January). Grats.

[quote author="ipoplaya" date=1215603656]Crap, I messed up my own poll. Can someone with much more power than I fix the first line?

<em>Ipo got busted for TMI. It was requested that I edit this comment.

Love,

graphcakes</em></blockquote>

That IR2 guy sure is a paranoid one... Purely public info Deuce, purely public. Would someone really make an offer to purchase a home without at least a glance at the comps?!

[quote author="ipoplaya" date=1215643664]That IR2 guy sure is a paranoid one... Purely public info Deuce, purely public. Would someone really make an offer to purchase a home without at least a glance at the comps?!</blockquote>

Especially after the description invited it. ;-P

Congrats on the sale.... my vote is for $601k ;-P

This house sold just as quickly as houses would have during the bubble... just goes to show ya houses what good pictures, realtor and pricing does.

Ipop,

Congrats!

Priced it right and it got taken down fast.

I voted for $600k, since you?re cheap like that.

No way you?d let it go this fast at anything less than full list price.

All that remains is for CK to qualify for the mortgage.

Stop pretending; everyone here sees the love flowing freely between both of you.

Straight guys don?t go see Brokeback Mountain together, or sing Careless Whisper

Like you guys did in CK?s Honda.

His "wife" told me.

Back