How much will IPO sell his place for?

Wouldn't it funny if IPO sells his place for more than $600k to the Rich Foreign China Man, and his home value tanks to $430,000 by 2010? Panda will write a post card to him in Chinese : "Ching Chong Fa Gu Ne Ha MA!" P.S. "YOU ARE SCREWED!"

IPO sets sail on his lovely boat with a big smile with $240,000 cash in his pocket, watching the Titanic Ship sinking in front of his eyes.

IR2 and IPO, You are guys awesome! Panda is following your foot steps in selling his Cage in the midwest.

"Trying to sell your home? These guys know how to execute."

Now I know why few real estate agents like IR2 live in a $1Million plus mansions, while many RE agents in Irvine are renting two bedroom apartments.

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1215645937]Ipop,

Congrats!

Priced it right and it got taken down fast.

I voted for $600k, since you?re cheap like that.

No way you?d let it go this fast at anything less than full list price.

All that remains is for CK to qualify for the mortgage.

Stop pretending; everyone here sees the love flowing freely between both of you.

Straight guys don?t go see Brokeback Mountain together, or sing Careless Whisper

Like you guys did in CK?s Honda.

His "wife" told me.</blockquote>

"Time can never mend the careless whispers of a good friend"... CK and I have the geeked out accounting and finance brutha bond. We penny-pinchers love to roll in the Honda-Toyota-Nissan crowd. More ba-ba-bang for the buck.

You need to find someone besides graphcakes for a good bromance Tenmag. I know you share the True Religion love, but he's not good for you. He'll end up casting you aside in favor of IR2's considerable analytical skills. Graph just loves the numbers too much...

[quote author="ipoplaya" date=1215647529][quote author="tenmagnet" date=1215645937]

All that remains is for CK to qualify for the mortgage.

Stop pretending; everyone here sees the love flowing freely between both of you.

Straight guys don?t go see Brokeback Mountain together, or sing Careless Whisper

Like you guys did in CK?s Honda.

His "wife" told me.</blockquote>

"Time can never mend the careless whispers of a good friend"... CK and I have the geeked out accounting and finance brutha bond. We penny-pinchers love to roll in the Honda-Toyota-Nissan crowd. More ba-ba-bang for the buck.

You need to find someone besides graphcakes for a good bromance Tenmag. I know you share the True Religion love, but he's not good for you. He'll end up casting you aside in favor of IR2's considerable analytical skills. Graph just loves the numbers too much...</blockquote>

Not me, Ten....I would have been down for IPO's place --- but the wife took a look at the price, did some quick back of the napkin calcs, and decided that at $600k it would end up costing her at least one new LV or Gucci bag per year. So I could only get authorization for my official offer of $500,000.01.

And unfortunately the bromonace with IPO ended as soon as he found out I was rolling on those stock 16's with my Honda Pilot. Said he needed to hang with someone a little more pimp than that. In one last attempt to win him over I said I got me some 17's on the Accord --- but IPO said he can't roll with nothing less than 20's.

[quote author="ipoplaya" date=1215647529]

</blockquote>
Accountant?

I thought CK was a hairdresser.

Weren?t those his pumps in your place?

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1215650282]

Accountant?

Weren?t those his pumps in your place?</blockquote>

As close as I get to hairdressing is when I head over to Supercuts on Barranca and tell them to give me a #5 on the top, and a #2 on the sides and back. I think the girls there are impressed with my knowledge of clipper attachments.

[quote author="CK" date=1215650566][quote author="tenmagnet" date=1215650282]

Accountant?

As close as I get to hairdressing is when I head over to Supercuts on Barranca and tell them to give me a #5 on the top, and a #2 on the sides and back. I think the girls there are impressed with my knowledge of clipper attachments.</blockquote>

You gotta change up to Sports Clips brutha. The referee uniforms are hot, you can watch some sports, and you can still wow them with your clipper attachment knowledge.

[quote author="ipoplaya" date=1215651646][quote author="CK" date=1215650566][quote author="tenmagnet" date=1215650282]

Accountant?

As close as I get to hairdressing is when I head over to Supercuts on Barranca and tell them to give me a #5 on the top, and a #2 on the sides and back. I think the girls there are impressed with my knowledge of clipper attachments.</blockquote>

You gotta change up to Sports Clips brutha. The referee uniforms are hot, you can watch some sports, and you can still wow them with your clipper attachment knowledge.</blockquote>

What do I get with a foul? Ha ha...

anyways good luck

-bix

[quote author="ipoplaya" date=1215651646][quote author="CK" date=1215650566][quote author="tenmagnet" date=1215650282]

Accountant?

You gotta change up to Sports Clips brutha. The referee uniforms are hot, you can watch some sports, and you can still wow them with your clipper attachment knowledge.</blockquote>

What?s next?

You guys going to re-cap your Man-Date at Ipop?s favorite spot.

The CoinStar Machine

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1215652869][quote author="ipoplaya" date=1215651646][quote author="CK" date=1215650566][quote author="tenmagnet" date=1215650282]

Accountant?

What?s next?

You guys going to re-cap your Man-Date at Ipop?s favorite spot.

The CoinStar Machine</blockquote>

"Jealousy is always born with love; it does not always die with it." - Fran?ois de La Rochefoucauld

Here is my thought about Ipo place. It is certainly unique in its detached configuration different from its typical cluster set up. Rarely does a plan 3 with a front door directly fronting on to a "street" or firelane alley so the positioning should commands some premium. On the other hand, the firelane prohibits any guest parking and guests have to park more than 250' away from his front door exceeding the typical Irvine City standard. This may be of a concern for some and certainly will be mentioned by the buyer for bargaining tactic. Plan 3 of this 4 pack cluster at Wisteria was first to be built by Cal Pac. The exterior elevation spec level was the lowest compared to the subsequent series San Simeon in North Park, Arborel in Turtle Ridge, Merricourt by the new Irvine post office, and Decada in Portola Spring.

Certainly the comp in TR would be unrealistic while Northpark could be used as a gauge since its Ipos closest neighboring gated community and much nicer landscape and better amenities. Ipos price must not exceed NP's plan 3 price ($630k). Merricourt ($580k) is probably the closest in term of equality but this community lacks definition of a village unlike West Irvine. Buyers do see the location of Merricourt having a post office, Lower Peter Canyon Park and tennis facility, and convenient freeway on ramp as a plus over the village feel of West Irvine.

Decada is new (mid 600k) but not centrally located and should not really be compared to Ipos home. Ipo did do some upgrade to his rear yard and that should have curb appeal along with the detached site location. I am not a big fan of a garage door across 75% of his house frontage but his house is still the best looking one in West Irvine among the Fieldstones and Lewis Homes.

His casement windows add character to the feel of a traditional homes while most homes in West Irvine have the ugliest vinyl sliders. There are neighbors abutting to his rear yard but his front looks to the rear of the plan 3s and 4s rear yard across a 26' wide firelane with columnar trees and shrubbery to soften the 8' tall block wall and the cookie cutter repetition of the rear elevations. His home is more desirable because of fewer adjacent neighbors.

My assessment of his home should be around 575k-599K.

Ipo, I noticed you saying the last sale price was way off. What was the actual price when you bought?

I'm guessing you got multiple offers and it slightly above 600k. Still looks brand new!

First, I am surprised that hardly any IHBers showed up today for the Ipo and IR2 cocktail party. Ten... bro, he had the Belvedere and diet Red Bull for you. Maybe one day I will get to meet you and all your greatness. I just hope I am deserving of that... one day, maybe one day soon.

http://img701.mytextgraphics.com/photolava/2008/07/09/ipopreview2-4b4kcytmn.jpeg

IR2 was even smart enough to realize Ipo took the fridge, and would have to ice it up.

http://img902.mytextgraphics.com/photolava/2008/07/09/ipopreview-4b4k9iu50.jpeg

Second, I was in the room with IR2 and Ipo at the same time. I can assure you they are two different people.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1215663924]

Second, I was in the room with IR2 and Ipo at the same time. I can assure you they are two different people.</blockquote>

For any doubters I will be a witness for this as well. I saw both of them Sat and Sun during the open house.

Damn I missed on some drinks. I work too far from Irvine to join the lunch drinking session. My work place is sponsored by redbull I could have carried a case with me.

Thought the ?party? was off now that Ipop?s house was taken down.

Believe me, I was looking forward to meeting everyone, including Ipop all 5ft. 4inchs. of him.

I would?ve ?accidentally? rested my drink on top of Ipop?s head.

[quote author="24inIrvine" date=1215656050]Ipo, I noticed you saying the last sale price was way off. What was the actual price when you bought?

I'm guessing you got multiple offers and it slightly above 600k. Still looks brand new!</blockquote>

$335K back in July 2001, which was sans flooring (the were nice enough to lay vinyl for me) downstairs. I had that put in immediately after closing... The vinyl on the subfloor is actually good as it provides another moisture barrier and helps deaden sound.

Congrats IPOP... Your the man!

Now the next big decision... where ya goin put that wad of cash?

According to Roubini there is no safe harbor, the Market will tank, bonds will tank and there is a commidity bubble. He says keep it in cash or inflation indexed bonds.

So whatya goin to do?

[quote author="alan" date=1215666894]Congrats IPOP... Your the man!

Now the next big decision... where ya goin put that wad of cash?

According to Roubini there is no safe harbor, the Market will tank, bonds will tank and there is a commidity bubble. He says keep it in cash or inflation indexed bonds.

So whatya goin to do?</blockquote>

I think all cash for me, either money market or short-term CDs. Haven't researched TIPs much. Will have to consider those too...

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1215665534]Thought the ?party? was off now that Ipop?s house was taken down.

Believe me, I was looking forward to meeting everyone, including Ipop all 5ft. 4inchs. of him.

I would?ve ?accidentally? rested my drink on top of Ipop?s head.</blockquote>

I think Cayci was the only one in the room petite enough for you to do that with Ten... I'm around 6' 1" or so and I believe IR2 and Graph are both taller than me. Maybe Graph just seems taller because he's not packing the additional daddy pounds that IR2 and I have acquired.

[quote author="ipoplaya" date=1215669326]

I think Cayci was the only one in the room petite enough for you to do that with Ten... I'm around 6' 1" or so and I believe IR2 and Graph are both taller than me. Maybe Graph just seems taller because he's not packing the additional daddy pounds that IR2 and I have acquired.</blockquote>

Hrm, I thought you were asian. Or are you a halfie? :) (no offense to any parties)

Back