How low can we go? 30 yr fixed at 3.75% with no fees...

qwerty said:
Owning 15 year rate dropped to 2.375 for their 15 year mortgage up to 510k. 30 year is still 2.99

I can beat 2.99% 30 year and 2.375% 15 year no point no fee on conforming if you or anyone else is looking. Reach out to me.

akkord said:
Any one find good rates on investment properties?  We want to refi to a 10 yr fixed if rates are low enough.

What's your target rate? I think right around 3.00% for investment on a 10 year is doable. Send me a PM if you want to talk more.

Got the following quotes today from High Tech Home Mortgages on rental townhouse for 30 year fixed:

3.125% with $1575 lender credit, closing costs between $3000-$3500, or 3% with no credit, same closing costs.

What do you all think?

baconpark said:
Got the following quotes today from High Tech Home Mortgages on rental townhouse for 30 year fixed:

3.125% with $1575 lender credit, closing costs between $3000-$3500, or 3% with no credit, same closing costs.

What do you all think?

PM me your loan info and I can check it out for you.

That seems really good. Last time I checked, investment refi's were hard to come by. And if anyone did do it - they couldn't beat my 3.875% on my rental condo.

Cares - can you do investment refi's?

best_potsticker_in_town said:
That seems really good. Last time I checked, investment refi's were hard to come by. And if anyone did do it - they couldn't beat my 3.875% on my rental condo.

Cares - can you do investment refi's?

Yes can do investment refi. 3.875% should be pretty easy to beat in today's environment.

Question for the pros here:

I got a good rate quote on Wednesday for a refi. I applied, sent the docs and asked repeatedly if the rate is locked. The loan originator kept dodging the equation and I got the disclosures today indicating that rate is not locked. The Loan estimate shows the quoted rate but I am doubting if it will be honored in the end.

The LO wants to move forward with an appraisal and so on.

I am at unease and worried that I am getting sucked into unknown.

Is this a common scenario? Or shall I insist on rate lock before moving an inch forward from this point?

Cornflakes said:

I got a good rate quote on Wednesday for a refi. I applied, sent the docs and asked repeatedly if the rate is locked. The loan originator kept dodging the equation and I got the disclosures today indicating that rate is not locked. The Loan estimate shows the quoted rate but I am doubting if it will be honored in the end.

Is this a common scenario? Or shall I insist on rate lock before moving an inch forward from this point?

Walk away

Cornflakes said:

If you tell them to lock, they should lock or provide a reason they can't. They should be able to lock once they get the desktop underwriter approval. I wouldn't move forward (or pay) for an appraisal unless you've locked or have agreed to let it ride.

1) It's not if they say it's locked. It's if you can show that you asked for it to be locked. If you asked for the lock in an email (not a phone call) go to step 2

2) Because you asked for it to be locked, do not continue to engage the loan officer. This is now an issue for management to cure. For what it's worth this isn't pulling a "Karen" move. The LO is not someone who can fix this and you need someone who can. It may be that the disclosures aren't done showing the lock, or some other rational reason exists, but you'll only get a straight answer from the manager now.

There are still plenty of ways to weasel out of this - "We don't lock without payment of fees" or "We can't lock until you are clear to close"  and the evergreen "Oh, this loan officer should have explained things better. I'll have a very stern discussion about this with them today.... But no, your not locked and the pricing doesn't exist KTHX and GFY." You have no recourse at this point unless it's a major Bank who will fix this issue for an account holder.

Plan B should be deployed and that is to lock right now with the 2nd best provider. You may pay an appraisal or lock fee but that is the price for peace of mind. If there is a way to regain that best pricing you believed was locked, it won't cost much in relative terms to quit Lender B and return to Lender A.

My .02c

So this could very well be what I suspect. A bait and switch?

Have not provided cc for appraisal and emailed LO that I am not moving forward until the quoted rate is locked. Will know the truth by Monday.

There are some Bait and Switch occurrences still to this day. It could also be something like a misquote because all of the data factors are not in when the original rate and fee scenario was provided. One example would be when a customer says "I have a single family home" when it's really a property with a garage attached / linked to a series of garages essentially making the property an attached condo. (I have zero idea what type of property you have. This is an example only....)

It's often the case that a rate discussion will go like this:

Borrower: Hi, I want to refinance. What's your rate?

Me: Um... how big is your loan?

Borrower: No, I just want to know the rate. What is it?

Me: I kinda need to know the loan size, property type, and a few other things to give you a deliverable rate.

Borrower: But BANK F+S just said I could get a 2.9378221 percent rate for zero fees. What's your rate?

Me: ::)

There is so much data that goes into a deliverable quote that it's very, very easy to miss something and end up with a loan rate that cannot be provided. This is why I'm recommending that anyone in a similar situation bypass the Loan Officer and go straight to Management to resolve this.

If it's bait and switch, there's Yelp and Google reviews as a countermeasure. If it's an innocent mistake, management should make you whole.

My .02c

It's not common practice to lock someone unless they are approved with conditions by an underwriter or close to 'clear to close'. You can ask for an early lock but it'll be more expensive for you as the borrower because 60+ day locks provide less rebate and thus the MLO cannot cover as many costs for you.

For what it's worth I've refi'd 3x with 2 different online lending mills, and both always wanted to charge my CC for the appraisal as the last condition before locking the rate.
Lender 1)  I got exactly what I was quoted both times, no bait and switch
Lender 2)  I did not get what I was quoted, not terribly different, but nothing I fed them was incorrect regarding income, credit score, ltv, etc, so it felt kind of shady

For the online mills there's not really anyone to talk to until after you have a lock and skin in the game.

Back