How low can we go? 30 yr fixed at 3.75% with no fees...

True, but the lending rules are not just an LA or OC issue. they are a blanket national policy for some lenders. Various local entities will provide local solutions. A "one size fits all" temporary freeze in counting rental income is unwise.

This isn't my banks policy BTW, but one that is enforced at several other companies.

My .02c

Just checked LenderFi

For refi, they have 30 yr fixed conventional at 2.875% with lender credit. 2.75% if you pay half a point. 2.5% if you pay 2 points.

15 yr fixed conventional at 2.5% with $1700 lender credit. 2.375% if you pay half a point.

I'm thinking about jumping in if rate goes down a little more.

Kenkoko said:
Just checked LenderFi

For refi, they have 30 yr fixed conventional at 2.875% with lender credit. 2.75% if you pay half a point. 2.5% if you pay 2 points.

15 yr fixed conventional at 2.5% with $1700 lender credit. 2.375% if you pay half a point.

You got me at hello  :)

Kenkoko said:
Just checked LenderFi

What are those loan limits for those refi loans?  Conforming or jumbo conforming?

woodburyowner said:
daedalus said:
I have a rate lock for a 15 yr fixed @ 2.625%, with enough credit to cover all lender/title/escrow/appraisal fees with ~$1k left over. 

Owning shows 2.50% for 15 year no fee right now.  Also check with better.com as they offer a PM guarantee.

A quote is just a quote.  I am locked with owning, and they did not meet the quoted rate/credit combo, despite my quote answers being true.  I'm not happy about that, but it's close enough that I decided to jump on it anyway before the rate went up.  Thus far that was the right move.  An actual lock means I have skin in the game, as I've already paid for credit checks and the appraisal fee.  Looking anywhere else at this point would just cost me money.  Following my personal policy, this will be the 3rd time I get paid to lower my interest rate.  Probably the last time.

RateRabbit has 30 year fixed no cost loan at 2.875%.  Lowest I have seen.  This is ofcourse if you have the best credit score, etc.
I might bite on this one.

daedalus said:
woodburyowner said:
daedalus said:
I have a rate lock for a 15 yr fixed @ 2.625%, with enough credit to cover all lender/title/escrow/appraisal fees with ~$1k left over. 

Owning shows 2.50% for 15 year no fee right now.  Also check with better.com as they offer a PM guarantee.

I have a rate lock w/ Owning for the 2.5% 15 year with an appraisal waiver.  So far, so good.  i started the application on 5/27 and they've already scheduled the notary to come by to sign docs on 6/9. 

A quote is just a quote.  I am locked with owning, and they did not meet the quoted rate/credit combo, despite my quote answers being true.  I'm not happy about that, but it's close enough that I decided to jump on it anyway before the rate went up.  Thus far that was the right move.  An actual lock means I have skin in the game, as I've already paid for credit checks and the appraisal fee.  Looking anywhere else at this point would just cost me money.  Following my personal policy, this will be the 3rd time I get paid to lower my interest rate.  Probably the last time.

Goriot said:
RateRabbit has 30 year fixed no cost loan at 2.875%.  Lowest I have seen.  This is ofcourse if you have the best credit score, etc.

I got quoted 2.875 30yr fixed with a $300 cost, I'm already at 3%, wonder if we'll see 2.75 soon. 

akkord said:
Goriot said:

I got quoted 2.875 30yr fixed with a $300 cost, I'm already at 3%, wonder if we'll see 2.75 soon.

Par rates are nearing 2.5% right now. I closed at 3% about 2 months ago. I'm hoping rate stay low in the next few months and I'm going to refi again.

Getting 2.99 rate and apr with interactive mortgage. Has to 60% LTV.
Giving this rate even if it's a detached or regular condo, versus a few other lenders who added .25 % more for any condo. This is for high balance loans 765k limit.

Cares said:
akkord said:
Goriot said:

Let me know if you hear of any lenders with a lower rate, please PM.  Thanks

Par rates are nearing 2.5% right now. I closed at 3% about 2 months ago. I'm hoping rate stay low in the next few months and I'm going to refi again.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
I'll pay down my loan to the jumbo conforming limit of $765k if I can get a sub 3% 30-fixed rate.

Will let you know if I indeed get the 2.99 from interactive

Sounds good, keep me posted. It has to be a sub 3% fixed rate at no cost for me to jump on it.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
I'll pay down my loan to the jumbo conforming limit of $765k if I can get a sub 3% 30-fixed rate.

Sounds good, keep me posted. It has to be a sub 3% fixed rate at no cost for me to jump on it.

High balance conforming probably not going to hit sub 3% because there's typically point adds and also most won't have < 60% LTV and take on more adds.

Cares said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

High balance conforming probably not going to hit sub 3% because there's typically point adds and also most won't have < 60% LTV and take on more adds.

I'll be right around 60% LTV if my loan balance comes down to the conforming loan limit.  I'm not in any rush as I have 3 more years left on my 7-year ARM in the mid 2%s.

Cares said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

I'm high balance conforming at just under 50% LTV, let me know if you hear of no cost sub 3s. 

Back