Housing about to Blowup

irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:
I drove past the area yesterday and quite amazed at the progress...looks like a summer 2014 open.
GP is slated to open this September.

Official Grand Opening is currently planned for September 28th.  Some builders are doing a soft opening on Sept 21st.  Also, some are "sneaking" people in earlier

I've lived in Irvine since '79 when I was 5 years old.  All I want to do is buy a place here I will live in until I retire (eventually).  What kind of salary is required at this point even, for a new buyer?  I'm a DINK and it still looks impossible to buy a decent condo.

~S

Soporific said:
I've lived in Irvine since '79 when I was 5 years old.  All I want to do is buy a place here I will live in until I retire (eventually).  What kind of salary is required at this point even, for a new buyer?  I'm a DINK and it still looks impossible to buy a decent condo.

~S

In 79 condos were going for $15k.  Prices didn't rise to $500k overnight.  What have you been doing all this time?  Are you quattroporte trolling under a new account name?

If Sendero in South County can sell at their prices, GP will sell at theirs... and if they don't have motorcourts (which some of them don't), even better.

Irvinecommuter said:
gld2 said:
Cypress Village is doing better than Portola Springs???  I am surprised. 
Where is USC?  any data from you to support CV is better than PS? 

Irvinecommuter said:
Stonegate/Cypress Village/Woodbury are getting the bulk of the FCB money.  I don't think Portola Spring is doing nearly as well as those three.

Just looking at Redfin data...PS fell to as low as $265 per sq/ft at the end of 2011 and peaked at $380 earlier this year...it actually has fallen since June...down to about $369 a square foot. 

It's all about location, location, location.

test said:
Irvinecommuter said:
gld2 said:

Irvinecommuter said:
Stonegate/Cypress Village/Woodbury are getting the bulk of the FCB money.  I don't think Portola Spring is doing nearly as well as those three.

Just looking at Redfin data...PS fell to as low as $265 per sq/ft at the end of 2011 and peaked at $380 earlier this year...it actually has fallen since June...down to about $369 a square foot. 

Portola springs is just right next to the landfill  ???

Soporific said:

~S

There is always options. If you can't afford to buy a condo - buy a trailer home.  :)

jamboreedude said:
test said:
Irvinecommuter said:
gld2 said:

Irvinecommuter said:

Portola springs is just right next to the landfill  ???

Shhh - they don't want people to know that. Only after you buy the place, you wake up and smell the wonderful trash smell.... :eek:

eyephone said:
Soporific said:

~S

There is always options. If you can't afford to buy a condo - buy a trailer home.  :)

Or live in taxpayer subsidized housing.
http://www.rental-living.com/AffordableHousing/

eyephone said:
Soporific said:

~S

do they have trailer parks in Irvine?

jamboreedude said:
eyephone said:
Soporific said:

~S

Yep. More than one actually.

irvinehomeowner said:
jamboreedude said:
eyephone said:
Soporific said:

~S

A trailer with full bath and kitchen is technically a home, isn't it? can your kids go to IUSD if you buy a trailer and park in Irvine?  ::)

No Quarter said:
There's one off Irvine Blvd near Jeffrey.  I'm not sure if those are the premium ones or not, since they are near the hills and large eucalyptus trees.

I'd rather live in the one off of Jeffrey between the train tracks and Walnut.  The shopping center is within walking distance.  Also, the sounds of the train's passing will allow me to set up a good schedule separating crocheting, napping, reading, and bingo. 

jamboreedude said:
irvinehomeowner said:
jamboreedude said:
eyephone said:
Soporific said:

~S

A trailer with full bath and kitchen is technically a home, isn't it? can your kids go to IUSD if you buy a trailer and park in Irvine?  ::)

Some great deals!
http://california.mobilehomes-for-sale.com/MobileHomesForSale.php?State=CA&City=Irvine

Your kids might be a bit on the grown up side as the mobile home ownership is age restricted.

Yep. These "trailer parks" in Irvine are only for the age 55+ . Kid will have to find a way to live with Grammy incognito.

yaliu07 said:
Is there any data/website where we can find out how many house change to pending last month?

thanks

There are currently 131 homes in Irvine in Pending status (not including Backup).  71 of them changed status to Pending within the last 30 days.

If you include those accepting Back up offers, the number jumps to 333 in current status and 237 within the last 30 days.

Current inventory = 503, which has dropped a little.  There were 242 closed sales in the last 30 days so, we are still at ~2.1 months of supply

test said:
Soporific said:

~S

In 79 condos were going for $15k.  Prices didn't rise to $500k overnight.  What have you been doing all this time?  Are you quattroporte trolling under a new account name?

No, but I think you are trolling me and you answered with a totally worthless reply.  Thanks, I'm glad you took the time out of your day for that.

Back