Housing about to Blowup

irvinehomeowner said:
Revisionist history.

Go back and re-read this thread... I didn't address you until you started accusing "us" of laughing at Panda.

I thought the picture I posted was a funny joke... but if you feel I was "reprimanding" you... I apologize.

I said "not as much" not "not at all" but, yeah. I can't prove comments I didn't make as that is technically impossible to do - all those times I thought of saying something to you but didn't because I didn't want to invite trouble. Yeah, I definitely feel you've been reprimanding me, not just today. When I see a comment with your name next to it, I get nervous before I even read it, and brace myself for the expected worst. I usually skip yours then read them at a later time when I have a better chance so it doesn't bother me during important times when my attention on something else is important. 'Cause like I was just telling CZ, sometimes one negative comment from you can ruin my day. We shouldn't let dots on a screen affect us that way but sometimes it does. But fair enough... if it was a joke then we'll go with that. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Thanks for the apology (if it's real, can't tell but I think so). I appreciate it.

Irvinecommuter said:
I don't think Panda is a laughing stock.  He made choices regarding where he lives and seems to have done very well for himself.  What I don't care for is the "you guys are idiots for living in Irvine" attitude.

It seems to me that several posters who have left Irvine or decided not to buy in Irvine have this same attitude (Baby Irvine, Patstar...)

Baby Irvine said:
Homer,
Why you so racist bro? First I thought you are joking around... I don't think you are joking around?

H        O        M        E        R said:
They have outlets at JC? 

Panda you need to get your panties out of a bunch.  I was referring to Starlight's post of "Johns Creek is also Barstow in the 90's."... Barstow has an outlet so I was just asking..  Man, you must love JC like a love song or something...

SoCal said:
Irvinecommuter said:
I mean...how should I take this comment?

Perhaps if i had a rich Asian dad or a rich Asian wife, I may be enjoying life in Irvine, perhaps be lazy, but never have to worry about money or providing for the family.

At face value.

What's that...everyone who lives in Irvine has either a rich Asian dad or Asian wife and never have to worry about money or providing of the family?

I grew up in Section 8 housing... Really wish my pops had money so I can be living next door to Panda right now.

Cue music "Started from the bottom now I'm" .... errr... nevermind

SoCal said:
The California Court Company said:
this thread is turning into another Irvine vs. Non-Irvine thread.  The Non-Irvine camp, whether they live in FR or JC, all think they made a smart choice by buying and living outside of Irvine, having the same or better life style w/o overspending. On the contrary, people who bought in Irvine think they also make a good choice as Irvine's real estate prices are less sensitive to economic downturn and gain more in an up market.

However, the more Non-Irvine camp bashes Irvine, the more it shows how truly popular Irvine is and they are only making the Irvine camp's points stronger.
So far we have
1. Foothill Ranch is the best alternative to Irvine
2. Johns Creek is Irvine in the 90's

What's common here? Irvine is the measuring stick to most cities.

The #1 comment was made by Bkshopr on the old IHB. He told us on IHB that he was an architect who designed homes in Irvine. Bk was also one of the most critical people of Irvine. It speaks volumes when the guy who designed the homes tells the buyers to go elsewhere. This person also chose to leave Irvine when deciding on a home purchase for himself in favor of an area which meets his personal standards. Do you feel this reflects well on Irvine?

The #2 comment refers to what Irvine used to be. Not to what it is today. As it mentioned in the article posted recently (I'd have to dig for the link) - the city official proclaimed proudly that visitors to Irvine would not recognize the city from year to year. I don't think that's anything to brag about. I was once an Irvine Lover as well but sadly, no longer recognized its beauty as it disappeared, particularly with the inferior new housing. (Product cycle: Development > Introduction > Growth > Maturity > Decline.) I'm sure Baby Irvine hopes to ride that JC wave to maturity... and hopefully will hop off at decline.

1)  I don't think it speak of anything.  BK also talked a lot of about feng shui and I honest could care less about that.  The fact that he likes it out in Foothill Ranch is great.  It doesn't mean that people who likes Irvine are dumb.

2)  We had this discussion before.  Do you have a range of time during which Irvine was "good"?  Cuz, I like all the new developments, new commercial property, the different neighborhood and mix of new people.  Traffic is definitely worse but you take that along with the sprawl.

Cue music "Started from the bottom now I'm" .... errr... nevermind

jigga jigga scratch...Started from the bottom now we're here
Started from the bottom now my whole team f4cking here

g.cue the choco-coated twinkie

bones said:
I'm not old school IHB so panda to me is a zoo animal and some random dude that comes onto an Irvine forum to hate on Irvine which is ok and could be funny - except he does it in this holier-than-thou and condescending way.  Isn't he just asking to get a (virtual) beat down?  That's like wearing a Yankees jersey to Fenway and sitting in the cheap seats.  Stupid stupid stupid.  Know your audience.  Honestly, I think TI has been rather kind to this Panda.  It could be a lot worse.

I'm surprised the powers that be allow Baby Irvine continue to post. He is indirectly soliciting business (he is a realtor trying to convince people to use his services to peruse JC) on this site while also badmouthing Irvine. Everyone knows that $700K doesn't buy the same amount of home everywhere:

Just look at articles like this:http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/21/greathomesanddestinations/real-estate-for-800000.html

I like his posts, they're interesting and they have nice photos and are decently put together. I mean if the guy's been around the boards a while and wants to continue to participate, why make a big deal of it? Are people who into Irvine and love Irvine that sensitive? Do we really have to resort to namecalling and acting like children over it? I liked coming to IHB forums and now TI because I like real estate and there have been many intelligent contributors and insight. But just like when IndieDev or or some other guys were trying to talk about how educated they are or how much money they make or how their non-real estate investments are doing and all of this self promoting garbage..it just makes it harder to enjoy what I came here for.

Can we create a subforum for people bragging about how big their ----s are or hating on people...and whenever that conversation needs to happen we can have it there? Then I can make sure not to read it.  I go to TI to read about real estate.  JC really does qualify as real estate since it is in fact real estate. If you want to have your opinion that it sucks or it's hot or you wouldn't move there, I mean cool, I wouldn't move there either for many reasons. But to hate on the guy for posting at all even though what he IS posting is more interesting than the hating and arguing going on?  Come on.

bones said:
I'm not old school IHB so panda to me is a zoo animal and some random dude that comes onto an Irvine forum to hate on Irvine which is ok and could be funny - except he does it in this holier-than-thou and condescending way.  Isn't he just asking to get a (virtual) beat down?  That's like wearing a Yankees jersey to Fenway and sitting in the cheap seats.  Stupid stupid stupid.  Know your audience.  Honestly, I think TI has been rather kind to this Panda.  It could be a lot worse.

Also being pretty new here, I don't get why anyone who's decided to move somewhere else would continue to post on this site - especially negative comments when he knows very well that most of the folks on this board are pro-Irvine.  Yes, we wish it was cheaper to live here, but that's the choice we have made because the positives outweigh the lofty prices.  If you like JC, then create a TalkJC forum and post there.  Why so much continued interest in posting here?  I mean no offense or negativity, but what this really sounds like is a person who hasn't gotten over his first love, got married to someone else, and yet still pines for his unrequited love.  Love the one you're with (done) and forget about the one that got away (still working on it...)

I've been around since the IHB forum days and so has Panda. He is a long time poster and deserves some credit. I understand how newer TI members may not appreciate his JC promotional posts but I believe he has good intentions.

More importantly, TI needs to maintain a diversity of members and opinions. This forum would be such a boring place if we agreed about everything.

Panda carry on...

iacrenter said:
I've been around since the IHB forum days and so has Panda. He is a long time poster and deserves some credit. I understand how newer TI members may not appreciate his JC promotional posts but I believe he has good intentions.

More importantly, TI needs to maintain a diversity of members and opinions. This forum would be such a boring place if we agreed about everything.

Panda carry on...

I have absolutely no problems with him bringing a different viewpoints.  I also understand that Irvine is not utopia.  It has its good/bad points and may not be everyone's cup of tea.  I have never been to JC so I cannot comment about how good or bad it is.  I know that I have been to quite a few places in the US and California is generally where I want to be.

I also appreciate Panda/BI's attempts to broaden people's financial horizons but not everyone is looking to become RE moguls.  People talk about owning multiple REs as if it's like owning cars.  There are a lot of downsides to owning RE and many people simply do not have the time/energy/resources to invest in dealing with RE. 

To the extent that Panda/BI loves JC...more power to him.  But there is no need to bash Irvine and the people who want to or do live there.  It's a matter of choice.  Some people living in tornado/hurricane country thinks it's ridiculous for people to live in "earthquake country."  Personally, I like Irvine a lot.  It basically has everything I am looking for in a community.  Yes it costs a little more to live here but that's what happens with a place that people like living in. 

Welcome the TI hrcp,

I found IHB 9 months after I got married. It was first introduction to cyberspace social media, before facebook got popular. I've known Socal, qwerty, zovall, trojan, iho etc on irvine forum for a long time now. I've shared what it was like getting married, having a miscarriage wondering if we can have kids, then being a father of two boys. We are all growing together... except trojan who is still my 40 year old white virgin friend :)

I think i come here because it is my first exposure to social community on the web. I regularly read fx forums, broker forums, and real estate investing forums, but this is the only site i participate in.

I guess the audience i want to speak to are the ones who don't have the rich FCB parents, making $100k salary job, and putting 40% or more of their net income to their mortgage, wondering how they can financially secure their future.

It is the address that you call home that makes a big difference whether you are financially free or still working a salary job in your 50s or 60s. I don't know why, but i am just really passionate about this topic. Sorry if i sounded like I was showing off with my rental purchases, but was not my motive. My real intention was to show you guys what i am doing, which you guys can also do to secure a solid financial future. I don't consider myself of reaching success yet, or even being successful. I really do have a long way to go to what i consider financial success.. but I definitely have clear goals of where i want to be. I just wanted to share that passion with you guys. The foundation of this forum is real estate and we all love real estate here. 

hrcp said:
bones said:

Also being pretty new here, I don't get why anyone who's decided to move somewhere else would continue to post on this site - especially negative comments when he knows very well that most of the folks on this board are pro-Irvine.  Yes, we wish it was cheaper to live here, but that's the choice we have made because the positives outweigh the lofty prices.  If you like JC, then create a TalkJC forum and post there.  Why so much continued interest in posting here?  I mean no offense or negativity, but what this really sounds like is a person who hasn't gotten over his first love, got married to someone else, and yet still pines for his unrequited love.  Love the one you're with (done) and forget about the one that got away (still working on it...)

Irvine commuter,

Sorry if you felt that i was bashing Irvine. Again, this was not my intention but just to speak my mind. Some of the links that Jamboreedude posted up on TI were real concerns of mine when I came to visit the 2010 Woodbury Collection in January which I knew back then. Back then I wanted to live in Portola Springs and I remember how close the portola fires got to enclave one and I told myself.. forget that...

I wanted to live somewhere i would not have to worry about any natural disaster taking place near me. (fire, earth quake, flood, hurricane etc.).

I now also whole heartily agree with BKshopr's older posts about Irvine which i was blinded from 2006 - 2009. I will try to keep my opinion to myself and tone it down a little about Irvine.

Again, my apologies.

Irvinecommuter said:
iacrenter said:

Panda carry on...

I have absolutely no problems with him bringing a different viewpoints.  I also understand that Irvine is not utopia.  It has its good/bad points and may not be everyone's cup of tea.  I have never been to JC so I cannot comment about how good or bad it is.  I know that I have been to quite a few places in the US and California is generally where I want to be.

I also appreciate Panda/BI's attempts to broaden people's financial horizons but not everyone is looking to become RE moguls.  People talk about owning multiple REs as if it's like owning cars.  There are a lot of downsides to owning RE and many people simply do not have the time/energy/resources to invest in dealing with RE. 

To the extent that Panda/BI loves JC...more power to him.  But there is no need to bash Irvine and the people who want to or do live there.  It's a matter of choice.  Some people living in tornado/hurricane country thinks it's ridiculous for people to live in "earthquake country."  Personally, I like Irvine a lot.  It basically has everything I am looking for in a community.  Yes it costs a little more to live here but that's what happens with a place that people like living in. 

Baby Irvine said:
Irvine commuter,

Sorry if you felt that i was bashing Irvine. Again, this was not my intention but just to speak my mind. Some of the links that Jamboreedude posted up on TI were real concerns of mine when I came to visit the 2010 Woodbury Collection in January which I knew back then. Back then I wanted to live in Portola Springs and I remember how close the portola fires got to enclave one and I told myself.. forget that...

I wanted to live somewhere i would not have to worry about any natural disaster taking place near me. (fire, earth quake, flood, hurricane etc.).

I now also whole heartily agree with BKshopr's older posts about Irvine which i was blinded from 2006 - 2009. I will try to keep my opinion to myself and tone it down a little about Irvine.

Again, my apologies.

Irvinecommuter said:
iacrenter said:

Panda carry on...

No problems.  I put no ill-will in your posts.  My point is that things that some people to be "problems" are in fact "attractions" for others.  Some people may hate cookie cutter homes/HOAs, other may like them because they don't have to worry about their neighbors being weird or problematic.  Some people lament the loss of farmland and open space, others enjoy the increased commercial activity and choice of stores/shops.  I mean some people love living in New York while other like open space.

Me personally, I wouldn't know what to do with a 5 acre lot or 4000 square foot house.  Just seems like a lot of upkeep and cleaning to me.  I grew up with humidity and I know that I would probably never want to live in a place with lots of humidity/heat.  I mean look at this weekend, most of OC was in the 70s while places like the IE and SJ Valley were over 100 (some places above 110). 

hahahaha.... someone needs to change the name of this thread to "TI members about to Blowup" lol :)

Homer, I need to get my panties out of my "what" WTF????

Are you freakin Gay?

Baby Irvine said:
Homer,
Why you so racist bro? First I thought you are joking around... I don't think you are joking around?

They have outlets at JC? 

Panda you need to get your panties out of a bunch.  I was referring to Starlight's post of "Johns Creek is also Barstow in the 90's."... Barstow has an outlet so I was just asking..  Man, you must love JC like a love song or something...

Baby Irvine said:
I found IHB 9 months after I got married. It was first introduction to cyberspace social media, before facebook got popular. I've known Socal, qwerty, zovall, trojan, iho etc on irvine forum for a long time now. I've shared what it was like getting married, having a miscarriage wondering if we can have kids, then being a father of two boys. We are all growing together... except trojan who is still my 40 year old white virgin friend :)

Awww. Yes, we have all grown up & grown old together. A lot has happened in the last 6 or so years. I have known you guys longer than my real life friends. I wonder if we will all still be here in 15+ years, sharing stories about our grandkids.  :) Let's see, in 15 years, Baby Irvine, you'll be the McMonigle of Atlanta. You'll have your own reality show. We'll watch you every Tuesday night on HGTV. You will release a book, debuting at the #1 spot on the NY Times Best Seller List. The rest of us will fly in to surprise you at your first book signing, with our copies in hand. You will look up from the table and scream when you see us. Your twins will be little proteges. My eldest & best-looking son (the kid in the TI banner all grown up, oh how ironic) will woo Iho's daughter. He will propose to her on bended-knee and, because I did a damn fine job raising a good man, she can't say no. He will whisk her away to the hills of FR much to her father's protest. I'll have the last laugh as I rock the grandchild while posting on TI. I'll still never have actually met Iho, mind you. He'll miss the kid too much, move here, and will finally get his 3CWG with a view. Trojan will be the Irvine version of Hugh Hefner. Fast cars & fast chicks. The Irvine single family home will be a frat house for life. His motto will be: "Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse behind." He'll shoot pool with Qwerty on the weekends... Qwerty, by the way, will have graced the cover of Money Magazine, and while he gets older and older, his new wife-upgrade every 5 years will keep getting younger and younger. We'll all meet at BJ's for dinner one night and introduce ourselves to his "daughter". Oops.

~ The End ~
:)

Back