Housing about to Blowup

aquabliss said:
qwerty said:
world chaos said:
our company is actually thinking about doing the same moving their plants back to taiwan...

btw what do u guys make?

you go first

I think he thought you were asking his salary lol

yeah your are right. i was glancing down the various posts and not paying too much attention, and saw the question and thought it was odd he was asking salary, then i saw his response later and went back to re-read some of the posts and realized they were talking about what the companys make  :)

I think life is about choices. Perhaps if i had a rich Asian dad or a rich Asian wife, I may be enjoying life in Irvine, perhaps be lazy, but never have to worry about money or providing for the family. Unfortunately my father lost everything through his business in my early 20s. His bankruptcy gave him a lot of stress and his health started to really deteriorate. I love my father, but that is one path I don't want to follow my father's  foot steps. My wife comes from a low/middle class family who did their best.

I had to move to an area where the soil was good to be a entrepeneur/business owner and a platform where I can feed my passion of investing in real estate. If you were to ask me what my dream job would be....  that answer would be to become a full time investor. I think that is my passion.

Don't get me wrong IHO. Sometimes I wish I had a rich FCB dad living in Shady Canyon. I was suprised to hear such wise words from MikeIrvine.. that money does not buy happiness, but it does buy freedom and I absolutely agree with him.  Financial freedom is a burning desire of mine. If I make a mistake and lose it all, I know that my wife and kids will never abandon me as they are the most important to me. There have been some real tough situations that God has helped me through. If realize my dream one day, I will never forget where i came from. Knowing this keeps me humble and i don't see myself any better than a poor family out in the street.

So we all make choices in life. Irvine is a great place to live and I don't think of Irvine residents as idiots for living there, but it was not the right place for me and my family for what i wanted to achieve, which is financial independence and freedom. Johns Creek had everything i was looking for. It had the right platform for me to build on for the next 10-15 years.

Irvinecommuter said:
SoCal said:
irvinehomeowner said:
And when he makes all that money... he'll come back to Irvine. You can only take those hot/humid summers for so

"Back to"? Iho, he lived in Chicago before Atlanta, not Irvine. Atlanta is a smart move compared to Chicago where you get both humidity and snow. The Panda has traded up. Panda is a smart guy with a lot of valuable posts but you guys talk about him like he's some kind of laughing stock. That's too bad. I hope The Panda sticks around. Panda, I'm still reading!

I don't think Panda is a laughing stock.  He made choices regarding where he lives and seems to have done very well for himself.  What I don't care for is the "you guys are idiots for living in Irvine" attitude. 

Lol... Sorry haha yeah I was asking what commodities their plants make... Not salaries..

Salary haha haven't paid myself in years... Dirt poor these days

Sorry I can't say.  I know customers and vendors read this site...and with the shit I write I'd rather remain anonymous...If people knew who I was, then I'd have to cut back on my shit talk and snark...and you guys wouldn't want that would you!?

Flipper,

I never mentioned that I blame moving to Atlanta due to not having a rich dad. I also never recall mentioning that people who live in nice places such as Shady and Newport are not self made single generation multi-millionaires, and independently wealthy. Some may not be wealthy, but earn very high income of $300,000 - $500,000 a year. I do not deny that there are probably many adult Asians who do get out-patient care (monetary help) from parents to purchase their first home in Irvine. Some get their home purchase 100% from their parents.

You are six years my elder born in 1970 and own your business in OC and have real estate investments that rose $1M this year. Good for you. You are were probably well capitalized to take advantage of the OC real estate market in 2009. Appreciation is an icing on the cake, I require positive cash flow in all my RE investment deals. I never said that you can't do it in OC, but that the odds are stacked against you. Many in Irvine and OC are house rich and cash poor. A lot of their networth is tied to their homes leaving very little to invest in passive investments.

Your RE investments may have appreciated up $1M this year in a grossly over valued market and it can go $1M down tomorrow. I don't invest in speculation, but i invest under valuation that is sustainable.

Rich dad is not the reason I moved to Atlanta. The culture here fits me and my family better than the OC. I was taking a walk around my neighborhood the other day with my two 3 year old son and I see a two seniors gardening outside. They greet me in Korean and ask me which church I attend. The grandmother hugs my boys and asks if she can bless them with a prayer. I tell her, "Of course, and thank you." I am not sure if you see this walking around in Woodbury... but this is what i call southern hospitality and I like it. I like the family values and culture that Atlanta has to offer and many people I run to around here share my faith.

flipper said:
It's laughable that you always blame your moving to Atlanta on not having a rich dad. And you are so narrow minded in thinking most of the people living in nice places such as Shady Canyon or Newport have a rich FCB dad. There are many successful professionals (lawyers, doctors) and entrepreneurs that can afford to live a comfortable life in Orange county without moving to Atlanta or help from rich dad. There are many well run Korean and Japanese restaurants in Orange county and their Korean owners are making good money.

I am not trying to brag myself. I just want to let you know a lot of people build wealth without help from rich parents. I am six years your senior and came to the USA 15 years ago with only $300 borrowed from my relatives. Now I have my own business here and do real estate investment on the side. I have purchased 7 properties in Orange county since 2009 and the properties have appreciated almost $1m this year.

Baby Irvine said:
I think life is about choices. Perhaps if i had a rich Asian dad or a rich Asian wife, I may be enjoying life in Irvine, perhaps be lazy, but never have to worry about money or providing for the family. Unfortunately my father lost everything through his business in my early 20s. His bankruptcy gave him a lot of stress and his health started to really deteriorate. I love my father, but that is one path I don't want to follow my father's  foot steps. My wife comes from a low/middle class family who did their best.

I had to move to an area where the soil was good to be a entrepeneur/business owner and a platform where I can feed my passion of investing in real estate. If you were to ask me what my dream job would be....  that answer would be to become a full time investor. I think that is my passion.

Don't get me wrong IHO. Sometimes I wish I had a rich FCB dad living in Shady Canyon. I was suprised to hear such wise words from MikeIrvine.. that money does not buy happiness, but it does buy freedom and I absolutely agree with him.  Financial freedom is a burning desire of mine. If I make a mistake and lose it all, I know that my wife and kids will never abandon me as they are the most important to me. There have been some real tough situations that God has helped me through. If realize my dream one day, I will never forget where i came from. Knowing this keeps me humble and i don't see myself any better than a poor family out in the street.

So we all make choices in life. Irvine is a great place to live and I don't think of Irvine residents as idiots for living there, but it was not the right place for me and my family for what i wanted to achieve, which is financial independence and freedom. Johns Creek had everything i was looking for. It had the right platform for me to build on for the next 10-15 years.

Irvinecommuter said:
SoCal said:
irvinehomeowner said:
And when he makes all that money... he'll come back to Irvine. You can only take those hot/humid summers for so

"Back to"? Iho, he lived in Chicago before Atlanta, not Irvine. Atlanta is a smart move compared to Chicago where you get both humidity and snow. The Panda has traded up. Panda is a smart guy with a lot of valuable posts but you guys talk about him like he's some kind of laughing stock. That's too bad. I hope The Panda sticks around. Panda, I'm still reading!

I don't think Panda is a laughing stock.  He made choices regarding where he lives and seems to have done very well for himself.  What I don't care for is the "you guys are idiots for living in Irvine" attitude. 

Baby Irvine said:
Rich dad is not the reason I moved to Atlanta. The culture here fits me and my family better than the OC. I was taking a walk around my neighborhood the other day with my two 3 year old son and I see a two seniors gardening outside. They greet me in Korean and ask me which church I attend.
So it wasn't *just* the hand of God or the dartboard.

If you're not an HMart aficionado... is Johns Creek really an ideal place for you?

IHO, Johns Creek is really my ideal place now. My wife and I really love it here. My friends up north come down here to visit me and each of them are very impressed and wants to move here... sort like the feeling i had when saw Irvine for the first time in 1998.

It all depends on where you see yourself 10 years from now. For my retirement, I want to own 10 SFRs free and clear, which Irvine is not an option to do that. By the time i am 45 - 50 year old.. I want to slow down and take care of my health, have the option not to work, and spend the time where it's most important. Hopefully I will have a much longer life than 65. Perhaps I will buy a time share at the Newport Coast Villa :) You don't have to pay $40,000 of property taxes every year to enjoy Newport Coast twice a year with family. Life is short IHO, we should use that time filled with joy, and not filled with stress, worries, and fear which will deteriorate your health more than eating french fries at McDonald's everyday.

irvinehomeowner said:
Baby Irvine said:
Rich dad is not the reason I moved to Atlanta. The culture here fits me and my family better than the OC. I was taking a walk around my neighborhood the other day with my two 3 year old son and I see a two seniors gardening outside. They greet me in Korean and ask me which church I attend.
So it wasn't *just* the hand of God or the dartboard.

If you're not an HMart aficionado... is Johns Creek really an ideal place for you?

Sounds like you are trying to convince yourself that moving to JC was a wise decision.  You always mention that your friends or relative are really impressed by this place... How many of folks have and will be moving there??

Seems like like a lot of justification.

Homer Simpson,
I am your elder of 7 years... but your maturity level is of a 9 year old :) lol

I don't need to convince myself that JC was a wise decision.. I already know it was right decision. You see my little Homer... I know Irvine very well, I know the lifestyle Irvine offers, and I know how it compares to where I call home today. You've never even been here? Don't diss a place, unless you've visit atleast once. :)

I love being 9.. :)

Don't know where I wrote in this thread dissing JC.. If I did I apologize don't give a crap.. You post on a public forum and I can say what I want about you and your situation.  I hope in 7 years I won't be posting about JC but about me retiring in Newport. 

Blah blah I have this and blah blah home in Atlanta.. Three of my colleagues from Atlanta said they would never move back.  Can't beat the weather and the activities out here.  Everyone is trying to move into SoCal not sure why someone would move out unless.... Well yeah.

All this post comparing JC to Irvine doesn't make you or JC look good buddy chump.  Go ahead and create a Talk JC forum and maybe you and your rich neighbor can be the only ones there talking about it. 

Move along chump nothing to see here.

#FIRSTWORLDPROBLEMS

79c8e54f72f4de7e1df6b7ad6136c90c_zps05b5083e.jpg

cannot word it any better.  If the life in JC is so great, why keeps posting here, dissing Irvine and promoting JC?

H        O        M        E        R said:
I love being 9.. :)

Don't know where I wrote in this thread dissing JC.. If I did I apologize don't give a crap.. You post on a public forum and I can say what I want about you and your situation.  I hope in 7 years I won't be posting about JC but about me retiring in Newport. 

Blah blah I have this and blah blah home in Atlanta.. Three of my colleagues from Atlanta said they would never move back.  Can't beat the weather and the activities out here.  Everyone is trying to move into SoCal not sure why someone would move out unless.... Well yeah.

All this post comparing JC to Irvine doesn't make you or JC look good buddy chump.  Go ahead and create a Talk JC forum and maybe you and your rich neighbor can be the only ones there talking about it. 

Move along chump nothing to see here.

#FIRSTWORLDPROBLEMS

Back