Greenwood in Tustin Legacy

A friend of mine bought one of those town homes when Legacy first opened and sold a year ago.  Think he just broke even or a little less than what he got for it.  Anyways, wonder how he would have felt that they just built a fire department and now a Stater brothers right across the street? 

I really like TL, especially Columbus Square. I like being able to walk to the new grocery store / restaurants, the community center, the neighborhood parks, the neighboring plots will be cool amenities (e.g. sports park) instead of subdivisions, I have full confidence in TUSD elementary/7-12, I like the idea of a mixed use dense village near the hangars, and I even like the sight of the hangars as monuments. I have no problems at all with District parking/traffic, I like that Tustin II Costco, and (to my surprise) Union Market is actually kinda cool. I don't mind trains at all and we used to be regular Metrolink riders out of that station into LA. The location is amazing, super central, and Tustin Ranch/Von Karman is great for my commute. I think it is a neighborhood I could see myself living in for life and getting better.

But man, those Mello Roos. $6k+ extra per year in taxes, plus the not-cheap listing prices. That's why we haven't put an offer in at TL, and have continued to stick with resale Irvine.

I'm in agreement with pretty much what Hmart just stated.  Don't forget Hmart, 99 Ranch and Sprouts are within a 5 minutes drive from TL. I got friends living in Portola (Irvine) complaining how long it take just to get to the FWY in the morning. 

Tustin Legacy's Heritage Elementary is an awesome school that will only get better in the future. If you have elementary age kids, this is reason alone to live in TL. I feel sorry for early TL residents who paid MR for this school but it did not get to use it because it did not open in time to serve their kids. I predict in the near future Heritage Elementary will dethrone IUSD's flagship elementary school Stonegate.

Happiness said:
Tustin Legacy's Heritage Elementary is an awesome school that will only get better in the future. If you have elementary age kids, this is reason alone to live in TL. I feel sorry for early TL residents who paid MR for this school but it did not get to use it because it did not open in time to serve their kids. I predict in the near future Heritage Elementary will dethrone IUSD's flagship elementary school Stonegate.

Burn that belly... Did you move to TL???

We bought in Augusta in CS in 2012 when my wife was pregnant. We figured we had five years for the school to open and worst case we would do private school if it did not open. Our bet paid off, the school opened in September of 2016. Although given how short kinder is we will probably keep her in Montessori through kinder and have her start at heritage for first grade.

And obviously the thought process was the same with the middle school and high school

I feel so shamed by sensational.

Should I delete all my posts and change my screen name?

BTW: The new center is sort of open already if you like donuts and burgers. What's still not open is the access to Edinger to/from Tustin Ranch Road which would help bring traffic to that new center. Where did that MR money go?

The village center officially opens on 10/28 so presumably the edinger entry point will be open by then.

The BofA is also open now. Pizza press opens mid October.

jmoney74 said:
Happiness said:

Burn that belly... Did you move to TL???

B2B - knows real estate and he wouldn't move there. (There are better options)  ;)

What is the next new home hood after Greenwood?

I think Greenwood is sold through... why isn't there another new home area? Or is there one and I just don't know because it's Hyundai.

#BringItSensational1

Just wait until they run out of new homes in Irvine... then Tustin Legacy prices will skyrocket... right sensational1? Hello? Where are you?

Just an FYI to anyone interested, it looks like there is now a site for Levity at https://www.levitytustin.com . I think I heard that rough grading will start in the summer with the model units being sold towards the end of the year or early 2019

gasman said:
DJW1705 said:
gasman said:
DJW1705 said:
Take off your Irvine blinders. There are other nice places to live in Orange County that don't have the Irvine address.

You're talking to a guy that lives in Columbus Square. #winning

And for the record, I never said that Irvine was the only nice place in OC...I just stated that Tustin isn't very promising with its plans for Legacy.  Putting up a bunch of banners on chain link fencing all around the dirt lots doesn't mean anything.  Labeling Heritage as a STEM/STEAM school, then the principal making parents feel awkward/uncomfortable about her plans/curriculum is typical.  Pocketing years of mello roos with nothing to show for it is awesome to the 10000th degree.  Promising the Veteran's sports park to break ground in Aug 2015 and has yet to happen...broken record.  Keeping developers waiting for months twiddling their thumbs at Kensington/Edinger is wonderful.

Things aren't going to be any different for the rest of Legacy.  Let's revisit this thread again in 5-10 years and see where things stand.  My money's on a bunch of empty dirt lots.

Oh, and the Anaheim Angels are moving into Legacy, right?  ::)  Lost Broadcom to Great Park.  Lost Anaheim Ducks facility to Great Park.  Great track record.

For what it's worth, Tustin has a lot of great things to offer.  I'm only saying all of this to counter point your "Legacy will be...better...more desirable...blahblahblah" statement.

I'll take you up on that bet of 5-10 years.  There's no way that there will be a bunch of empty dirt lots.

Just poking my head out of the ground to check progress on Legacy...still a bunch of empty dirt lots after 1.5 years. My odds are looking pretty good... :)

*yawn* bored today and remembered this thread, so digging it up.

2.5 years since bet placed w/DJW1705, and here's where things stand:

- Still a bunch of dirt lots
- Navy owned hangar has a bunch of new holes in it
- Veterans Park still undeveloped
- No sign of linear park
- Armstrong still closed?
- Homeless shelter at ATEP location just across street from Heritage
- Proposed permanent homeless shelter across street from Costco
- Santa Ana homeless shelter opening across Red Hill
- Faded banners and signs everywhere

...but there's a shiny new Flight Corporate building to show for it!  ::)

Tustin city council and city manager have completely lost it. They're so far off the reservation, it's not even laughable. The "Legacy" will be tragic at best.

Back