Greenwood in Tustin Legacy

irvinehomeowner said:
Stater Bros? Dang... ghetto. Guess they need to offset that Whole Foods.

:)

So................... have you been IN these ghetto Stater Bros? If so, how did you stoop so low? If not, what are you basing your opinion on? What others have said (and have THOSE people been IN these ghetto Stater's?). Maybe based on a news story over some homeless person at a Staters? There are homeless at all chains. A few months ago, I parked next to a guy sleeping in his lexus along with all his belongings in Woodbury Town Center. Does that mean all Ralphs are ghetto?

I've been in decent Stater Brothers.

SOME are ghetto. SOME Ralphs are ghetto, SOME Vons are ghetto.

https://www.google.com/search?q=stater+brothers&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj54oC3uO_NAhUCyWMKHc7oAXoQ_AUICygE&biw=1670&bih=830#imgrc=gfmby1mzlQrXiM%3A

gasman said:
I'll be surprised if that retail center breaks ground this year.

Veteran's Park was supposed to break ground last year.

Why is Armstrong not open yet?

They sure are great at throwing up banners on the fences tho...

From what i remember from nextdoor the navy hasnt completed the land transfer, in the last couple of days someone on nextdoor posted that the transfer will be completed in September (if i remember correctly), then a bid to contractors would go out in September and they would start contstruction in October - from bid to breaking ground sounds pretty damn fast and that is assuming the land transfer actually gets completed in September, so much like the shopping center ill believe it when i see it.

i actually called the city about armstrong a while back - i forget what they said but something along the line of building designs needed to be completed so they knew where the entrances/exits would be and therefore they wouldnt have to redo it twice. thought it was a pretty weak reason not to open it up.

@R2D:

Stater Bros off of Red Hill.

Used to be a Stater Bros in Irvine, where the Farm Direct is on Michelson and Jeffrey/University, that was years ago.

The smiley face emoticon means I'm joking.

I guess I forgot it has to be triple: :) :) :)

Sounds like all happy owners at the greenwood community.....looking forward to seeing some of u folks at the clubhouse!!!
as for gas issue, i guess i can always get it near my work (i work in north oc) since im no fan of costco gas....
long live tustin ;-)

heard snooze finally open?!?!?!

irvinehomeowner said:
@R2D:

Used to be a Stater Bros in Irvine, where the Farm Direct is on Michelson and Jeffrey/University, that was years ago.

When was that Stater Bros? I remember growing up it was Hughes and then it turned into Ralph's.

irviniteeee said:
irvinehomeowner said:
@R2D:

When was that Stater Bros? I remember growing up it was Hughes and then it turned into Ralph's.
Hmm... I think you're right... it was a Hughes Market, because they were bought out by Ralph's.

I've also been to the Stater Bros in Costa Mesa many times.

Ralph's is still my favorite even though we go to Albertsons too (let's see if Irvine Dream can figure that out).

irvinehomeowner said:
Ralph's is still my favorite even though we go to Albertsons too (let's see if Irvine Dream can figure that out).

I am always up for a challenge but I am stumped on figuring out where you bought

I eliminated new houses since you never talked about landscaping (unless you are also posting on other names [I have tow likelys])

There is a Ralph and Albertson close by to North Park/Tustin Ranch but your kids are in IUSD so I eliminated that

You love Quail Hills, Ralph and Abertson are somewhat there eventhough not that close.  So I am going to stick with that.

Homer_Simpson said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Stater Bros? Dang... ghetto. Guess they need to offset that Whole Foods.

:)

What's your thoughts on Food 4 less?

One step below Stater Brothers and two steps below smart and final. :)

How about Grocery Outlet Bargain Outlet? There is one in Costa Mesa.

Note: I don't shop there

irvinehomeowner said:
irviniteeee said:
irvinehomeowner said:
@R2D:

Hmm... I think you're right... it was a Hughes Market, because they were bought out by Ralph's.

I've also been to the Stater Bros in Costa Mesa many times.

Hughes was definitely the market you guys are referencing. I don't recall a stater brothers in Irvine, but I could be wrong.  That said, the one I frequented the couple years of my life where I didn't live in Irvine (further south), I never had any issues (good meat market).

a32mil said:
Sounds like all happy owners at the greenwood community.....looking forward to seeing some of u folks at the clubhouse!!!
as for gas issue, i guess i can always get it near my work (i work in north oc) since im no fan of costco gas....
long live tustin ;-)

heard snooze finally open?!?!?!

Warning...if Greenwood starts a NextDoor group, you'll likely be grouped with the Columbus Square community.  There's a tremendous amount of wonky drama coming out of there...only a matter of time before it spreads to Greenwood (my humble, no-so-expert opinion).

Prove me wrong. :)

I'm still keeping tabs on my 5 year bet that Legacy is a bunch of dirt lots in 2020... >:D

The site plan says a dunkin donuts, bofa, burger boss, pizza press, yogurt land, board and brew, cvs and stater bros and a great foundations Montessori, great clips and pacific dental services.

Back