Greenwood in Tustin Legacy

DJW1705 said:
gasman said:
DJW1705 said:
Take off your Irvine blinders. There are other nice places to live in Orange County that don't have the Irvine address.

You're talking to a guy that lives in Columbus Square. #winning

And for the record, I never said that Irvine was the only nice place in OC...I just stated that Tustin isn't very promising with its plans for Legacy.  Putting up a bunch of banners on chain link fencing all around the dirt lots doesn't mean anything.  Labeling Heritage as a STEM/STEAM school, then the principal making parents feel awkward/uncomfortable about her plans/curriculum is typical.  Pocketing years of mello roos with nothing to show for it is awesome to the 10000th degree.  Promising the Veteran's sports park to break ground in Aug 2015 and has yet to happen...broken record.  Keeping developers waiting for months twiddling their thumbs at Kensington/Edinger is wonderful.

Things aren't going to be any different for the rest of Legacy.  Let's revisit this thread again in 5-10 years and see where things stand.  My money's on a bunch of empty dirt lots.

Oh, and the Anaheim Angels are moving into Legacy, right?  ::)  Lost Broadcom to Great Park.  Lost Anaheim Ducks facility to Great Park.  Great track record.

For what it's worth, Tustin has a lot of great things to offer.  I'm only saying all of this to counter point your "Legacy will be...better...more desirable...blahblahblah" statement.

I'll take you up on that bet of 5-10 years.  There's no way that there will be a bunch of empty dirt lots.

Just poking my head out of the ground to check progress on Legacy...still a bunch of empty dirt lots after 1.5 years. My odds are looking pretty good... :)

http://flight-tustin.com/

This is coming in soon. This looks like a really cool, silicon valleyesque development compared to most of what else is out here in OC and I anticipate it to have a profound impact on area.
https://www.regencycenters.com/property/detail/60614/Village-at-Tustin-Legacy

This is opening next month.
http://www.ocregister.com/2015/11/0...tustins-urban-village-plan-near-blimp-hangar/

OliverMcMillan will be coming up with the design for re-purposing the blimp hangars, which should also turn out to be a really cool and unique locale.

Heritage Elementary STEAM school is really good from all the reviews I have read so far, and we will be getting both a new middle school and high school for the Tustin Legacy area. I am not worried at all about "the current dirt lots". This will turn out well.

Sensational1 said:
This will turn out well.

... for Irvine to poop on.

:)

I think Diamond Jamboree moves more money than the "mall" area of The District. Luckily they have Target and Costco.

Tustin Legacy should be fine, it will just take a looooong time.

But I'm with gasman, where did all that MR money go since Villages of Columbus opened?

Who cares what any mall moves. All malls across the USA are dying from Amazon and online retailers. At least, the developers have the cognition to recognize that and fill their development with tenants what won't be destroyed by it.
http://www.ocregister.com/2017/05/1...unced-for-tustin-legacys-new-shopping-center/

John Mehigan, an executive with Regency Centers, the center?s developer, said Tustin Legacy will focus on tenants that offer an experience.

?Retail that can be replaced by the Internet is suffering,? Mehigan said. ?We?re trying to give an experience with great architecture, places to hang out and good people.?

The center is just a five-minute drive from the District of Tustin and the Tustin/Irvine MarketPlace centers. Mehigan said Tustin Legacy will differentiate itself by being a destination for locals without clothing retailers found in nearby centers.

?Our goal was to create a convenient neighborhood center people can get in and out of quickly,? Mehigan said.

I agree with IHO regarding DJ and I agree with Sensation regarding the effect of Amazon.

So I went to DJ this past weekend and it took me around 10-15 minutes to find parking. (There's so many people)

Sensational1 said:
Who cares what any mall moves.

Said no retail mall ever.

All malls across the USA are dying from Amazon and online retailers. At least, the developers have the cognition to recognize that and fill their development with tenants what won't be destroyed by it.
http://www.ocregister.com/2017/05/1...unced-for-tustin-legacys-new-shopping-center/

John Mehigan, an executive with Regency Centers, the center?s developer, said Tustin Legacy will focus on tenants that offer an experience.

?Retail that can be replaced by the Internet is suffering,? Mehigan said. ?We?re trying to give an experience with great architecture, places to hang out and good people.?
Spin that spin!!!

The District mall can't even keep big companies like Panera around.
The center is just a five-minute drive from the District of Tustin and the Tustin/Irvine MarketPlace centers. Mehigan said Tustin Legacy will differentiate itself by being a destination for locals without clothing retailers found in nearby centers.
Because no one shops there.

?Our goal was to create a convenient neighborhood center people can get in and out of quickly,? Mehigan said.

Yeah right. The horrible parking and layout of the center makes that close to impossible. Why do you think no one really shops at the mall area.

The last quote about a convenient neighborhood center and getting in and out quickly is actually talking about the village center, not the district. The district is a nightmare for parking.

The entire article is about the village, not the district. I don?t beleive regency is involved with the district. Isn?t it vespar? Or something like that?

Sensational1 said:

This is coming in soon. This looks like a really cool, silicon valleyesque development compared to most of what else is out here in OC and I anticipate it to have a profound impact on area.

http://www.ocregister.com/2015/11/0...tustins-urban-village-plan-near-blimp-hangar/

OliverMcMillan will be coming up with the design for re-purposing the blimp hangars, which should also turn out to be a really cool and unique locale.

Heritage Elementary STEAM school is really good from all the reviews I have read so far, and we will be getting both a new middle school and high school for the Tustin Legacy area. I am not worried at all about "the current dirt lots". This will turn out well.
Tustin Legacy is providing what residents actually need and want. Unlike Great Park's endless sports fields for visitors from Santa Ana.

Happiness said:
Sensational1 said:

Tustin Legacy is providing what residents actually need and want. Unlike Great Park's endless sports fields for visitors from Santa Ana.

wow - what a statement.

;)

Packing my bags for Tustin Legacy now!  Hope they still have homes available that border Jamboree.

jmoney74 said:
Packing my bags for Tustin Legacy now!  Hope they still have homes available that border Jamboree.

Edit: Was that suppose to be a joke? (Due to closeness to Jamboreee)

jmoney74 said:

Kids love to have their rooms right next to a high-speed road... they play car counting games. :)

qwerty said:
The last quote about a convenient neighborhood center and getting in and out quickly is actually talking about the village center, not the district. The district is a nightmare for parking.

The entire article is about the village, not the district. I don?t beleive regency is involved with the district. Isn?t it vespar? Or something like that?

My bad. It is Regency for the new shopping center... Vespar's design of The District is a joke (if it was them).

The new center should get better traction than the old one... did they remember to put a boba tea store in there?

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:

My bad. It is Regency for the new shopping center... Vespar's design of The District is a joke (if it was them).

The new center should get better traction than the old one... did they remember to put a boba tea store in there?

Friend bought a Greenwood Home from Brookfield. Believe it is called Huntley. Nice house with a huge yard. Backs up to Jamboree. Loud as hell and lot's of dust. Windows stay closed on the second floor. It is deafening.

rickr said:
irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:

Friend bought a Greenwood Home from Brookfield. Believe it is called Huntley. Nice house with a huge yard. Backs up to Jamboree. Loud as hell and lot's of dust. Windows stay closed on the second floor. It is deafening.

Just wait until they sell their house. They might have to play background music in the house like the model homes did.  ;)

irvinehomeowner said:
Sensational1 said:
Who cares what any mall moves.

Said no retail mall ever.

All malls across the USA are dying from Amazon and online retailers. At least, the developers have the cognition to recognize that and fill their development with tenants what won't be destroyed by it.

Spin that spin!!!

The District mall can't even keep big companies like Panera around.
Because no one shops there.

Yeah right. The horrible parking and layout of the center makes that close to impossible. Why do you think no one really shops at the mall area.

LOL. You honestly have no idea what you are talking about. You do realize you spent this entire time analyzing the WRONG shopping center? You are talking about the District. The article that I linked and what I am referencing is talking about the Village, which HASN'T EVEN OPENED YET.

Back