Government Shutdown

Does the Trump administration get it?

Wilbur Ross says unpaid federal workers shouldn?t need food banks, they can just get a loan

Thursday on CNBC?s ?Squawk Box, ? Ross acknowledged that he had heard that some federal workers affected by the prolonged shutdown have been going to shelters for food, but said he didn?t understand why.

?I know they are [going to homeless shelters] and I don?t really quite understand why because as I mentioned before, the obligations that they would undertake ? say borrowing from a bank or credit union ? are in effect federally guaranteed,? said Ross. ?So the 30 days of pay that people will be out ? there?s no real reason why they shouldn?t be able to get a loan against it and we?ve seen a number of ads from the financial institutions doing that.?
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/24/com...d-federal-workers-should-just-get-a-loan.html

Dem invites Ross to food bank to see plight of furloughed workers

A Democratic lawmaker is inviting Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross to visit a food bank in Washington, D.C., after the Cabinet official said he doesn't understand why furloughed federal employees need help during the government shutdown.

"I wanted to extend an invitation to you to visit the Capital Area Food Bank with me this weekend to meet some of these federal employees, hear their stories firsthand, and realize how important it is to end this shutdown as soon a possible before people?s lives are irreparably harmed," Rep. Jennifer Wexton (D-Va.) wrote in a letter to Ross on Thursday.
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...-to-see-why-furloughed-federal-workers-use-it

Do the Republicans get it?

So what was the end result of this?

Did we save money?

Is the wall built?

Or was this just another unsuccessful bullying attempt?

In the end its a push. All the lines are still in place, nothing seems to have changed, moved or ended. Heck, no one even seems to remember it even happened.

irvinehomeowner said:
So what was the end result of this?

Did we save money?

Is the wall built?

Or was this just another unsuccessful bullying attempt?

the wall is being built...maga!

Pentagon announces $1 billion transfer for border barriers, angering Democrats

The Pentagon announced Monday night that it has authorized the transfer of up to $1 billion to the Army Corps of Engineers to build additional barriers along the U.S.-Mexico border, a move that drew sharp objections from Democratic lawmakers.

The shift in funds, which the Pentagon justified under President Trump?s declaration of a national emergency at the southern border, will facilitate the construction of 57 miles of ?pedestrian fencing,? road construction and lighting along stretches of the border in Arizona and Texas.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/pentagon-announces-1-billion-transfer-for-border-barriers-angering-democrats/2019/03/26/82fb7630-4faf-11e9-a3f7-78b7525a8d5f_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.b60537eb157c

Trump wins border wall battle as House fails to override veto

House lawmakers failed Tuesday in their bid to overturn President Trump?s first veto, effectively upholding his declaration of a border emergency and leaving him with a free hand to build more of his border wall.

Democrats cast the vote as a test of patriotism, saying Congress needed to stand up to a tyrannical president overstepping his emergency powers.

But they didn?t come close to winning enough Republicans to garner the two-thirds majority needed to override a presidential veto. The 248-181 vote fell far short as Republicans brushed aside Democrats? rhetorical challenge and said the border situation was every bit the crisis that Mr. Trump described.

?Border security used to be a bipartisan issue,? said Rep. Mike Rogers of Alabama, the ranking Republican on the House Homeland Security Committee. ?The president?s declaration is only necessary because Congress can?t reach a deal to secure our country.?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/mar/26/trump-wins-wall-battle-house-fails-override-veto/

And the ?growth story? played out exactly like I predicted - notwithstanding wall to wall MAGA posts last year on this forum

If you dump a massive deficit spending package AND a Yuge corporate tax cut on Obama's 2% economy and only get a one year bump to 3%, you can blame whomever you want, but your supply-side, trickle down, country club repatriation investment theory was dead f___ wrong

fortune11 said:
And the ?growth story? played out exactly like I predicted - notwithstanding wall to wall MAGA posts last year on this forum

If you dump a massive deficit spending package AND a Yuge corporate tax cut on Obama's 2% economy and only get a one year bump to 3%, you can blame whomever you want, but your supply-side, trickle down, country club repatriation investment theory was dead f___ wrong

3% gdp is 50% higher than 2%! great success!

Kings said:
fortune11 said:

And what is it now , genius ? 

fortune11 said:
Kings said:
fortune11 said:

greater than any democrat president...why? because we don't have one  ;D

Kings said:
fortune11 said:
Kings said:
fortune11 said:

As usual , you don?t know jack s__t

First quarter is tracking well below 1 percent ... and the estimates for second quarter aren?t great either

Under Obama it averaged 2 percent and hit as high as 4 percent multiple times (4 times) .

My point is ? NOTHING HAS CHANGED

fortune11 said:
Kings said:
fortune11 said:
Kings said:
fortune11 said:

First quarter is tracking well below 1 percent ... and the estimates for second quarter aren?t great either

Under Obama it averaged 2 percent and hit as high as 4 percent multiple times (4 times) .

you sound angry, you okay?

I?ve noticed that too. Much emotion and anger from the other side. Anything frustrating happen lately?  Perhaps a vigorous Pilates class or a centering yoga session might calm the minds.

Kings said:
fortune11 said:
Kings said:
fortune11 said:
Kings said:
fortune11 said:

you sound angry, you okay?

Yeah yeah try this on someone else

I exposed you as a total hack yet again so try and hide behind stale one liners

Add a smiley face also while you are at it :) so it looks less embarrassing - what say ?

morekaos said:
I?ve noticed that too. Much emotion and anger from the other side. Anything frustrating happen lately?  Perhaps a vigorous Pilates class or a centering yoga session might calm the minds.

Dude you are the one ranting everyday posting weird shit no one but the 3-4 of your ilk care about . Like some crazy guy in a town square

I just happen to methodically demolish any nonsensical claims you guys make - and every time you all fall Flat  on your faces ? isn?t that right :)

fortune11 said:
I just happen to methodically demolish any nonsensical claims you guys make - and every time you all fall Flat  on your faces ? isn?t that right :)

very-smart-670x335.jpg

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
Damn. There is a new sheriff vigilante in town!

Fixed.

No one is in charge here... we are all carrying our own weapons. :)

Yeah , point is b/s cannot stand :)

Hard facts and data matter - opinions are one thing but people throwing around garbage about easily verifiable facts will not fly !!

Back