Google Fiber coming to Irvine

I currently have a Orbi Tri Band WiFi6 Mesh router and 1 gig plan @ $70/mo from Google. I get low 400's up and down. If I use a ethernet cable at the jack, I get double the speed up/down.

Cares said:
$150 for unlimited 1gb? That's expensive.

I'm paying $50 for AT&T Fiber 1gb with no data caps or router fees. Granted I negotiated it down but standard is I believe $60-$80 for it.

Att and Google are not available here. So don?t have a choice. I do have directv and att cell phone service so I do get good discounts there. I?m curious what is going to happen to the directv discounts after the att/tpg deal was announced today.

qwerty said:
Cares said:
$150 for unlimited 1gb? That's expensive.

I'm paying $50 for AT&T Fiber 1gb with no data caps or router fees. Granted I negotiated it down but standard is I believe $60-$80 for it.

Att and Google are not available here. So don?t have a choice. I do have directv and att cell phone service so I do get good discounts there. I?m curious what is going to happen to the directv discounts after the att/tpg deal was announced today.

From news article att will still own part of direct tv. (Idk everything is preliminary so might change)

Back