Goodbye IHB

Wow, so much drama on the forums. Can't we all just get along and play nice? haha As a few of the regulars and I chatted about earlier this evening, let's give Shevy a chance and see how he does before we pass judgment. I know most of us will wonder by IR/Z didn't team up with a more experienced and respected realtor like IR2, but let's see how this thing plays out before we start throwing IR/Z/Shevy to the wolves.

So where is Shevy ? He seemed to use the board a few times before Saturday.

Just seems really ODD. If your going to be the sales arm of a joint venture

and this site is an important part of that business plan. Why not BE THAT

sales guy and put the hat on ? We are after all, potential customers are we not ?

I think his lack of "Personal Introduction" is a major point of contention.

Kind of like hiding your new wife nobody has ever met from your friends and then you wonder why we talk behind your back. Seems really simple. If he is so good. He would be front and center. This is after all just the internet.

On one side, I don't think a blogger has an implicit vote of poverty and a mandate to share their knowledge and expertise for free, if they see a business opportunity they should pursue it as the rest of us can do it, I?m sure that many business deals are presented to them once that they become popular bloggers.

On the other side, it?s a really bad idea to repurpose a blog as a .com website, a brand new website should be created totally separated from the blog, using the same name for the new .com website it?s a branding problem, a market positioning mistake, a blog is a blog forever, a good example of this is: Toyota and Lexus, and the market is perfectly ok with this, no confusion.

I still think that things can be reverted and leave IHB alone, many well established companies make mistakes and once they find out the problem they say: We screwed up, sorry, we took valuable feedback and now we changed course to this.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1239109343]Wow, so much drama on the forums. Can't we all just get along and play nice? haha As a few of the regulars and I chatted about earlier this evening, let's give Shevy a chance and see how he does before we pass judgment. I know most of us will wonder by IR/Z didn't team up with a more experienced and respected realtor like IR2, but let's see how this thing plays out before we start throwing IR/Z/Shevy to the wolves.</blockquote>

Trojanman,

You have answered your own question. Why didn't IR/Z teamed with the more EXPERIENCED realtor like IR2? The key word is "experience". They would rather choose a not so experience Shevy so that they can boss him around. Just imagine if your subordinate has more knowledge and experience than you. Wouldn't work out would it? wink wink.

So with all of this negative feedback, do we think that IR will change his mind?

I think he made a huge mistake when he posted his and Shevy's pic and proclaimed the new "Irvine Housing Brokers" website. He would of been better off keeping it low key, no broker style (photoshop) pics and just stated that he is starting to see some good value outside of Irvine and will be working with some brokers in helping people find good opportunities. That's it, simple and low key. He went a little overboard with the blog.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1239109343]Wow, so much drama on the forums. Can't we all just get along and play nice? haha As a few of the regulars and I chatted about earlier this evening, let's give Shevy a chance and see how he does before we pass judgment. I know most of us will wonder by IR/Z didn't team up with a more experienced and respected realtor like IR2, but let's see how this thing plays out before we start throwing IR/Z/Shevy to the wolves.</blockquote>

I know! This is Panda 2.0. I've been reading this blog for two years and gain a lot of knowledge from it. In fact it saved my ass. As a token of my appreciation I'm going to start the Welcome Shevy thread.

On a side note, I'm a little shocked at the 'we can't trust IrvineRenter's writing anymore sentiment because of conflict of interest'. Come on now? I know there is a lot of people posting in the Forums with the intention of picking up clients through PMing? How many clients do you think Irvine Realtor has gain through this blog? Do you still trust what he writes? I'm not saying I don't trust Irvine Realtor. I'm just using him as a example to make a point. The whole conflict of interest agruement annoys me because it very easy to find it exists everywhere. I know plenty of people that will do good by their clients even if there is money involved. In fact, I often see many professionals that will over burdened themselves with non-profitable clients out of kindness.

[quote author="reason" date=1239111189][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1239109343]Wow, so much drama on the forums. Can't we all just get along and play nice? haha As a few of the regulars and I chatted about earlier this evening, let's give Shevy a chance and see how he does before we pass judgment. I know most of us will wonder by IR/Z didn't team up with a more experienced and respected realtor like IR2, but let's see how this thing plays out before we start throwing IR/Z/Shevy to the wolves.</blockquote>

Trojanman,

You have answered your own question. Why didn't IR/Z teamed with the more EXPERIENCED realtor like IR2? The key word is "experience". They would rather choose a not so experience Shevy so that they can boss him around. Just imagine if your subordinate has more knowledge and experience than you. Wouldn't work out would it? wink wink.</blockquote>
reason, I think there is more to it than experience or the lack of it. My guess would be that it may be more of a financial consideration matter. Keep one thing in mind, IR2 works for a franchised broker while Shevy is a broker.

Very sad, I respect you trooper very much. I looked forward to alot of your comments and enjoy alot of what you have to say.

It does unsettle me that IR/Larry did something like this. I realize he was presented an opportunity from somebody in our community and took it. In hindsight, I believe it might not have been a popular decision or at the very least a short sighted decision. I won't begrudge Zovall/IR or anyone of this decision. I will say it was hasty and it might have been done in a different format or at the very least, warm up the sleeping bears.

But in reality, it is his decision. I will continue informing people of MY ideas, MY feelings and MY thoughts of the situtation, i'm sure there are many others that believe as I do. Take it easy and I hope to see you on the other medium from time to time.... Be safe

-bix

[quote author="profette" date=1239095280]Nothing else to say? Damn, how will I find a bargain when I need milk?

This is truly a tragedy. I will very likely overpay for milk now. How will you

sleep at night?</blockquote>

Just on the topic dear.

I'm not leaving but my particpation is more limited now due to the edict about being "nice".

<em>Out with the old, in with the new.</em>

I can't stand you....but this is the first comment you've made that I agree with.

[quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1239112060][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1239109343]Wow, so much drama on the forums. Can't we all just get along and play nice? haha As a few of the regulars and I chatted about earlier this evening, let's give Shevy a chance and see how he does before we pass judgment. I know most of us will wonder by IR/Z didn't team up with a more experienced and respected realtor like IR2, but let's see how this thing plays out before we start throwing IR/Z/Shevy to the wolves.</blockquote>

I know! This is Panda 2.0. I've been reading this blog for two years and gain a lot of knowledge from it. In fact it saved my ass. As a token of my appreciation I'm going to start the Welcome Shevy thread.

On a side note, I'm a little shocked at the 'we can't trust IrvineRenter's writing anymore sentiment because of conflict of interest'. Come on now? I know there is a lot of people posting in the Forums with the intention of picking up clients through PMing? How many clients do you think Irvine Realtor has gain through this blog? Do you still trust what he writes? I'm not saying I don't trust Irvine Realtor. I'm just using him as a example to make a point. The whole conflict of interest agruement annoys me because it very easy to find it exists everywhere. I know plenty of people that will do good by their clients even if there is money involved. In fact, I often see many professionals that will over burdened themselves with non-profitable clients out of kindness.</blockquote>
Exactly, it's one thing to question IR's business decision with Shevy and how he disclosed it to all of us but it's a whole other matter in questioning IR's ethnics. I thank IR and several other forum members on helping me see the light and selling my Irvine condo while the getting was still good. Because of that, I will give IR the benefit of the doubt even if I question his decision to partner up with an inexperienced realtor. Hell, we live in a world where conflict of interests happen all the time. Let's see....when I worked as an auditor the client would pay the bill for our services and when I worked as a lending officer I would present my loans for approval even though I would get paid a commission if I closed that loan. So it's the ethics of the individuals involved that determines whether they will let a conflict of interest cloud their judgment. There are things in this world that are more important than money.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1239112861][quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1239112060][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1239109343]Wow, so much drama on the forums. Can't we all just get along and play nice? haha As a few of the regulars and I chatted about earlier this evening, let's give Shevy a chance and see how he does before we pass judgment. I know most of us will wonder by IR/Z didn't team up with a more experienced and respected realtor like IR2, but let's see how this thing plays out before we start throwing IR/Z/Shevy to the wolves.</blockquote>

On a side note, I'm a little shocked at the 'we can't trust IrvineRenter's writing anymore sentiment because of conflict of interest'. Come on now? I know there is a lot of people posting in the Forums with the intention of picking up clients through PMing? How many clients do you think Irvine Realtor has gain through this blog? Do you still trust what he writes? I'm not saying I don't trust Irvine Realtor. I'm just using him as a example to make a point. The whole conflict of interest agruement annoys me because it very easy to find it exists everywhere. I know plenty of people that will do good by their clients even if there is money involved. In fact, I often see many professionals that will over burdened themselves with non-profitable clients out of kindness.</blockquote>
Exactly, it's one thing to question IR's business decision with Shevy and how he disclosed it to all of us but it's a whole other matter in questioning IR's ethnics. I thank IR and several other forum members on helping me see the light and selling my Irvine condo while the getting was still good. Because of that, I will give IR the benefit of the doubt even if I question his decision to partner up with an inexperienced realtor. Hell, we live in a world where conflict of interests happen all the time. Let's see....when I worked as an auditor the client would pay the bill for our services and when I worked as a lending officer I would present my loans for approval even though I would get paid a commission if I closed that loan. So it's the ethics of the individuals involved that determines whether they will let a conflict of interest cloud their judgment. There are things in this world that are more important than money.</blockquote>

The definition of Ethics is simple.

Doing the "right thing" at the "right time" for the "right reason".

Some of those rules seemed to have been ignored. Like timing and forethought.

Yes there are things WAY more important than money. But most of the world is lost in the struggle to survive. Wives to make happy and children to raise.

You and I just drive too fast. Money is to spend on cars and chicks. :coolsmile:

[quote author="Trooper" date=1239113177]Like *integrity*, perhaps?

Good point reason. IR- Where do I send my Irvine Housing Broker tee shirt back to? And these f*cking bullshit books you wrote.</blockquote>

Hahahah!...I am so freaking sad that I am laughing with tears!!...

[quote author="bltserv" date=1239113721][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1239112861][quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1239112060][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1239109343]Wow, so much drama on the forums. Can't we all just get along and play nice? haha As a few of the regulars and I chatted about earlier this evening, let's give Shevy a chance and see how he does before we pass judgment. I know most of us will wonder by IR/Z didn't team up with a more experienced and respected realtor like IR2, but let's see how this thing plays out before we start throwing IR/Z/Shevy to the wolves.</blockquote>

Exactly, it's one thing to question IR's business decision with Shevy and how he disclosed it to all of us but it's a whole other matter in questioning IR's ethnics. I thank IR and several other forum members on helping me see the light and selling my Irvine condo while the getting was still good. Because of that, I will give IR the benefit of the doubt even if I question his decision to partner up with an inexperienced realtor. Hell, we live in a world where conflict of interests happen all the time. Let's see....when I worked as an auditor the client would pay the bill for our services and when I worked as a lending officer I would present my loans for approval even though I would get paid a commission if I closed that loan. So it's the ethics of the individuals involved that determines whether they will let a conflict of interest cloud their judgment. There are things in this world that are more important than money.</blockquote>

The definition of Ethics is simple.

Doing the "right thing" at the "right time" for the "right reason".

Some of those rules seemed to have been ignored. Like timing and forethought.

Yes there are things WAY more important than money. But most of the world is lost in the struggle to survive. Wives to make happy and children to raise.

You and I just drive too fast. Money is to spend on cars and chicks. :coolsmile:</blockquote>
And the reckless driving tickets that go along with all those ponies. haha

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1239112119][quote author="reason" date=1239111189][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1239109343]Wow, so much drama on the forums. Can't we all just get along and play nice? haha As a few of the regulars and I chatted about earlier this evening, let's give Shevy a chance and see how he does before we pass judgment. I know most of us will wonder by IR/Z didn't team up with a more experienced and respected realtor like IR2, but let's see how this thing plays out before we start throwing IR/Z/Shevy to the wolves.</blockquote>

Trojanman,

You have answered your own question. Why didn't IR/Z teamed with the more EXPERIENCED realtor like IR2? The key word is "experience". They would rather choose a not so experience Shevy so that they can boss him around. Just imagine if your subordinate has more knowledge and experience than you. Wouldn't work out would it? wink wink.</blockquote>
reason, I think there is more to it than experience or the lack of it. My guess would be that it may be more of a financial consideration matter. Keep one thing in mind, IR2 works for a franchised broker while Shevy is a broker.</blockquote>

Trojanman,

You mean IR2 works for a franchise broker while Shevy is a broker working for the franchise IrvineHousingBrokers? ;-)

Geez, you guys are making it hard for me to go to bed as I'm afraid I might miss the late night juicy posts that won't be here in the morning.

Yeah, me too....and I feel like my left arm just got ripped off. IHB has been an important part of my life for the past two years...this just sux.

Back