good bye West Irvine...

Akim, what plan of maricopa did you purchase? If you got plan 3, the 4th bedroom is big deal.

That sucks that TIC won't work with you on some of the options.  And qwerty is right, they should have informed you upfront on the cutoff dates and what could/couldn't be changed.  Glad to hear that the neighborhood seems friendly.  I was actually in your models this weekend looking for design tips with my wife.  I actually like the den w/o doors, but it stinks that you don't get a choice.  I think deleting the fireplace is the correct decision if that was the wall you were planning to place a TV set.  I hate TVs above fireplaces.  Totally ergonomically incorrect and might have longterm neck probs if your family watches a lot of TV.

I like the options you've picked so far, especially the softclose drawers, I heart softclose drawers.  One thing we love in our current home is ceiling fans in the bedrooms.  Really helps to cool off the room, decreasing A/C usage.

Akim,
If I were you and the builder is willing, I would take my money and run.  Seriously, you are a customer paying $800k for a 3 bedroom sfr and they are not treating you right. If I were you I would tell the builder to take a pencil and shove it up his ass.

Baby Irvine said:
Akim,
If I were you and the builder is willing, I would take my money and run.  Seriously, you are a customer paying $800k for a 3 bedroom sfr and they are not treating you right. If I were you I would tell the builder to take a pencil and shove it up his ass.
I'm kinda inclined to agree with BI.  Is it a particular lot you want cuz you said that they had a fair amount of residence 2 available?  Why not wait a phase or get another lot that they will option to your liking?  (If you answered earlier in this thread, sorry, I only perused the last page or two)

Baby Irvine said:
Akim,
Woah, such language from a devout Christian man?  :eek:  :p  I have more choice descriptions for them but I'll bite my tounge.  :-X

USCTrojanCPA said:
Baby Irvine said:
Akim,
Woah, such language from a devout Christian man?  :eek:  :p  I have more choice descriptions for them but I'll bite my tounge.  :-X

It's perfectly fine. 

See: Lamentations 3:30

-IR2

Akim,

Thanks for the updates. Sorry to hear TIC is so inflexible but is good for other TI members to know. I would feel pretty cheated if I were in your shoes. One of the big reasons to buy new is the ability to customize your build. Good luck with the rest of the construction.

Well, the countdown is on and we are soon approaching our move.  Overall, our experience has been, well, challenging to say the least.  I won't change my tune.  TIC IS a machine where bringing in the dollars is their first and foremost objective.  I've tried to stay positive and understand that I signed up for a lot of this...    More to share after we move, I just want to get things finished up. 

For prospective buyers -

IP Design Center - I would rate them 2 out of 5 on overall service and experience.  They ARE there to get your money and I wouldn't be suprised if their designers are commissioned. 

OnQ Financial (in house lender) - I would rate them 4 out of 5.  Bill Kelso and his team have competitive pricing, and were pretty helpful for the most part.  About as good as you can expect from a mortgage broker. 

IP Sales people - I would rate them 3 out of 5.  The 3 stars are earned in the initial process, and once they get you to sign the contract it drops to zero stars.  Make the sale and move on. 

The truly sad thing is that TIC knows what they are doing.  In the whole process, you are only surrounded by TIC people, none of which have your best interest at heart.  They are all there to continue to push you through the process and to act how TIC wants you to act which is to just keep saying yes and to just keep righting checks. 

haha

u gotta like make a scene and riot and make hell each time IP plays hardball... so far ive made hell about 4 times and ive gotten my way all 4 times (granted, my requests were not out of the ordinary either, but since they are IP they decide to say no to me anyways so each time i had to make hell till the say theyre gonna pull an "exception"... =_=)...

i am anticipating another make hell moment pretty soon in a month or so when i close cause theyre forcing me to close on a "job card"... if my bank requires the COO and IP decides that they are not gonna compromise with my bank, im gonna raise hell for sure... lol in fact i anticipate it so much i already did my hw and know all the sections of the purchase agreement that ill quote so they dont fuck arnd... maybe i gotta do my metta world chaos elbow imitations more often... hmmph... =_=;;...

not trying to make large scenes or cause riots.  I've always found more success in reasoning... well maybe that's why I'm not more successful... hmmm

In any event - OnQ has been great to work with.  Kudos.    TIC - getting a bit better and "trying" to be more responsive, jury is still out.  Closing today or tomorrow morning.  Keys tomorrow.  Then the move begins.    Advice - buy a house lower than your budget, because things add up quick...  We went the other way and got the house "to grow into" which leads to some uncomfortable feelings of not having a lot of cushion to fall back on.    That and the fact that furnishing a newer larger home is a very expensive proposition.  Who knows if I will ever landscape the place.  Neighbors beware...

It's sad that a big builder such as IP who's been in the business many years still can't get this right. Are they so arrogant to think that their process is perfect and not worthy of improvement? Or do they simply not care?

Going through the new home buying process with The New Home Company at Lambert, I'm amused and horrified at the same time at the difficulties I've been reading on the boards from people buying from Irvine Pacific. Of course, most of the positive experiences with IP would not be posted here as people tend to only complain about negative experiences. But, I can say without reservation, that TNHC has been incredibly good to work with in my home buying, from the sales people to the designer and to everyone else we've dealt with. Of course they have their own interests at heart, but I think they realize (unlike IP) that my interests and their interests aren't mutually exclusive.

When or if I ever move again into new home construction, I hope that TNHC is my builder again. From what I've been reading on here, I don't think I could say the same about IP.

BTW, congrats on your new home akim.

akim997 said:
IP Design Center - I would rate them 2 out of 5 on overall service and experience.  They ARE there to get your money and I wouldn't be suprised if their designers are commissioned. 

OnQ Financial (in house lender) - I would rate them 4 out of 5.  Bill Kelso and his team have competitive pricing, and were pretty helpful for the most part.  About as good as you can expect from a mortgage broker. 

IP Sales people - I would rate them 3 out of 5.  The 3 stars are earned in the initial process, and once they get you to sign the contract it drops to zero stars.  Make the sale and move on. 

The truly sad thing is that TIC knows what they are doing.  In the whole process, you are only surrounded by TIC people, none of which have your best interest at heart.  They are all there to continue to push you through the process and to act how TIC wants you to act which is to just keep saying yes and to just keep righting checks.

akim997 said:

Did you apply for the loan from the builder's prefer lender WF at the same time and then found out OnQ is better?
So OnQ  can close with job card?

irvine123searching said:
Did you apply for the loan from the builder's prefer lender WF at the same time and then found out OnQ is better?
So OnQ  can close with job card?
For Maricopa, OnQ is the prefer lender or mortgage broker.

irvinehomeowner said:
I believe OnQ is the preferred lender in most of IP's properties now (used to be BofA).
Yup, both the Stonegate and Woodbury ones.  I believe it's Wells Fargo over at Laguna Altura.

yeah, onQ was the preferred lender.  some challenges, but not anyone's fault.  in the end, things got done.  some issues with the house. 

in the end, it just depends how much you care.  some people/companies do and some don't.  best buy delivered appliances.  the guys tracked a lot of dirt in, got our floors dirty in the laundry room, scuffed the walls and dinged the dryer.  macy's delivered a mattress and the guys were extra careful and even literally put on white gloves when they unwrapped the mattress.  there was a distinct difference in service.    irvine pacific - even though i mentioned that a lot of stuff was dirty during walk through it was metioned to me "oh dont worry, every thing will be clean when you move in".    When i moved in, i guess workers had pissed in my downstairs toilet without putting the seat up so it was dirty and gross.  every floor had to be cleaned, bathtubs were grimy, and it really wasnt very clean.  i know a great cleaning lady who only does big "deep clean" jobs.  She costs about $250 for the day to clean a house and does a fantastic job.  If you are telling me you can't give me a $250 cleaning job after I just spent XXX on a house, it is insulting.  i would like to pull a "cant buy me love" and throw a bag of poop on don bren's door... "you sh!t on me man, you sh!t on me!"... 

Should have took pictures of how dirty the place was and gave them to your IP salesperson... probably could have got you some free housecleaning service.

i would have, except we've moved in and i wouldnt trust ip to get the place clean enough to give our little one a bath.  i've also purchased different cleaners and what not to get the grout clean that they said would be perfect by move in (it wasnt).

i dont want to seem like a complainer, because 85% of the house we are really happy with.  The 15% is the problem.  Will try to post some pics of some our "problems".

@akim997:

In my opinion, when buying brand new... 85% is unacceptable... esp because IP upcharges you on everything.

Have them clean your grout, fix your 15% problems... and even bathe your little one... they should go above and beyond... not below.

totally share ur story... thats horrible they dont make sure things arent gross b4 they give u the keys

Back