Friday Boredom - Your Pet Peeves

Beta, now that's old school. So much more common outside the U.S. 
I'm not even kidding about the netflix dvd.  Don't know how many months I've sat on it. 

SoCal - I have no problem with woman dressing like hookers for any occasion. I would encourage more women to do so.

I don't think most men bosses would care. I was at a board meeting for my company and the Baoard had just learned about my involvement with two women from the same accounting firm (it was a required communication from our auditors for independence reasons) and they joked around that they needed to take me for drinks so they could learn how to do it. And these are board members who were CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, members of federal reserve boards,
men with power Cheat on their wives with hookers or women who dress like them. So the boss is used to these women and enjoys seeing them and being around them.

qwerty said:
SoCal - I have no problem with woman dressing like hookers for any occasion. I would encourage more women to do so.

So you'd want your wife and daughter to dress like floozies at your company party?

SoCal said:
qwerty said:

So you'd want your wife and daughter to dress like floozies at your company party?

If they got it, flaunt it. My wife is a professional so she wouldn't t do it. My daughter wouldn't do it cause she is two :)

The woman who stands out in my mind didn't just dress like a tramp, but like I said, her behavior was off as well. She insulted some people at the party when she announced to a roomful that she was "the only person who actually brought the host a gift!" while practically high-5'ing herself for bringing a bottle of wine. She got dirty looks. So rude. It wasn't even true. Several of us brought host & hostess gifts but they were moved to another room prior to her arriving. She didn't know because she & the employee who brought her were very late to the party. Rude. Also, only a true bimbo would dress like a hoochie momma when you're sailing on the deck of a yacht... AT NIGHT... IN DECEMBER. I had to laugh because I knew when I first saw her that she was going to be shivering her butt off as soon as we set sail, spoiling her fun. She was. And it did.

qwerty said:
I was at a board meeting for my company and the Baoard had just learned about my involvement with two women from the same accounting firm (it was a required communication from our auditors for independence reasons)

Your wife doesn't read this blog?  How come there is no proclamation of disgust by the ladies?.  Guess the femnazis don't read this blog either

I'm honestly so cold I can barely take it. These last few days have been rough. Even though we have the heater set to 74 in the house, the cold wakes me up, even though I'm dressed in layers, have my ugly men's Dickies work socks on (sexy!!!), and under a mountain of blankies. During the daytime when it's in the 60's, my nose feels like an ice cube and my ears get so cold that they ache so bad. #SoCalNative It's gotta be at least 78 for me to be happy.

12208285_10205317847974462_3423592699466357976_n.jpg

Lol, was talking to couple Canadians last night, they were wearing t shirts and shorts.

You don't know cold until you visit SF and brave the city without a jacket thinking it looks sunny, must be warm. 

Panel interviews.

Good Golly, these are so nerve-racking! I have one coming up Monday. I get "stage fright" soooo bad. I hate it when they all stare at you. The worst is when you're surrounded by them in a semi-circular table with you on the short side and 8 people are staring at you from all angles. I'm so uncomfortable feeling "surrounded". The feeling is just like "being called into the principal's office" x 10! It also stresses me out when they're jotting down their little notes while you're talking. You stop talking and they stop writing. You start again and so do they. I do not enjoy being the center of attention!! I always have to resist the urge to yell, "Stop staring at me!" and hide under the table until they leave or grab my things and run out of the room. I didn't think that would come off very professional, so I haven't done it yet.

Taking your car to a car wash because the governor says it's illegal to wash your car and then realizing the $20 of emergency cash you had in a compartment mysteriously disappears.

I wouldn't have minded so much if I hadn't tipped the thief.  Now I feel stupid.

Samesame said:
Taking your car to a car wash because the governor says it's illegal to wash your car and then realizing the $20 of emergency cash you had in a compartment mysteriously disappears.

I wouldn't have minded so much if I hadn't tipped the thief.  Now I feel stupid.
My pet peeve is people who misplace things and blame poor (hard working) people that they stole it.

At school pick-up, in my rear view mirror, I saw that a lady behind me was having a full-blown texting conversation / staring at her phone & texting WHILE she was driving, i.e. her car was in motion. A few times when I stopped, she was so engulfed by her phone, laughing at texts, and staring at the phone that she kept drifting and barely slammed on her brakes just in time to miss my rear bumper. She was also holding up traffic and blowing off other cars / not giving them their right of way because she was not mentally "present". I'm not a violent person. But I began having these fantasies of throwing my car into reverse and crashing into her while she looked at her screen. Then putting it into drive, crawling up a bit, and doing it again. And again. And again. That would be before I get out of my SUV, go to her driver's side, open the door, climb into her SUV, drag her out by her hair, wrestle her to the ground, and beat her with her own Iphone in a two-mom-brawl. There are children ALL around after school. People always jay-walk. It wouldn't take much to run over somebody. I had MY little guy in the back seat. She was putting MY child in danger and that pisses me off. What the heck does it take for idiots to realize you can NOT text while driving? Not only is it illegal but it's STUPID!!

SoCal said:
At school pick-up...Not only is it illegal but it's STUPID!!

I agree with you that  it's irresponsible to text and drive. As a side note most driving laws don't apply in private parking lots. Since this occurred on public school property the driver might have been at risk for a citation.

iacrenter said:
SoCal said:
At school pick-up...Not only is it illegal but it's STUPID!!

I agree with you that  it's irresponsible to text and drive. As a side note most driving laws don't apply in private parking lots. Since this occurred on public school property the driver might have been at risk for a citation.

Trust me on this one. When I said it's illegal, I meant it's illegal. She went from the school lot and out onto the streets while texting.

ps9 said:
We need an anti pet peeve thread to bring balance to the universe...

I know, you're right, Ps9. Some years ago I believe I created a thread on thankfulness but nobody else was interested in posting. It didn't go anywhere. We humans love to vent and complain for days instead. 

Back