Friday Boredom - Your Pet Peeves

my pet peeve is just seeing the line 5-6 cars deep at the costco gas station. you save 10 cents a gallon on what 15 gallons? you save $1.50 maybe $2 and you have to wait for 5 cars to fill up. in a best case scenario you wait 10 minutes before your turn. its probably closer to 15 minutes.

no offense to AW or any one else, i just figured for all the big ballers in irvine you would value 15 minutes more than $1.50. there is a gas station on every ones way home or work so it cant be a convenience thing.

I work literally 0.2 miles to Costco, and depending on which gas stations, and fuel tank for both cars are 20 gallons, looking at gas buddy, difference between other gas stations near home or work to Costco is more like 40c per gallon.  $8 bucks can buy me loads of tacos from del taco!

I don't live like ballers at the grove or hc. Otherwise I'd have a tesla and not go to any gas stations at all

Ready2Downsize said:
Next time take everything to the park (yup, decorations, food, gifts and all) or the pool. Then the kids can run around and the mess isn't in your house. Done it many times. Trash stays out of my house and no one ever complained they didn't have a good time.

I wish moving to an alternate location would solve rude behavior but I'm not really sure how that would change it. He still would have hogged the food. Instead of him stealing the candy I hid inside, he would have had even better access on a park table in plain view. Same with being a jerk to the other kids, cheating on games, and being disobedient to the host. The party was actually confined to my yard so thankfully the interior of the home was spared. I have a good sized yard, kind of a park in & of itself. Plenty of space for seating, entertainment, and room to run around. I cleaned up the yard but I'd still clean up at the park, too. I feel like I can't take this kid anywhere, to be honest. I've taken him to a bowling alley, Big Air, swimming at the HOA pool, etc. He's been too much to handle each time.  :-\

qwerty said:
my pet peeve is just seeing the line 5-6 cars deep at the costco gas station. you save 10 cents a gallon on what 15 gallons? you save $1.50 maybe $2 and you have to wait for 5 cars to fill up. in a best case scenario you wait 10 minutes before your turn. its probably closer to 15 minutes.

no offense to AW or any one else, i just figured for all the big ballers in irvine you would value 15 minutes more than $1.50. there is a gas station on every ones way home or work so it cant be a convenience thing.

Yeah, and it's not even the best deal in town. My gas is cheaper using Ralph's rewards points at Shell than it is at Costco and no line.

qwerty said:

I'm one of those peps in line at Costco gas station in Irvine because:
1.  I work across the street from Spectrum, close to Costco
2.  I save money at Costco Gas Station
3.  I get lunch at Costco aftewards and save more money

With the $$ saved from gas and lunch, I can buy daily special BBQ sandwitch at Hambone's for dinner.  No joke.  They also do $1 taco Tuesdays.  Brisket tacos.  ;)
http://www.yelp.com/biz/hambones-bbq-and-poboy-sandwiches-bellflower

The boss is out back tending his smoker, you can chat him up about the various styles of BBQ and cooking.

o.jpg

SoCal said:
Ready2Downsize said:
Next time take everything to the park (yup, decorations, food, gifts and all) or the pool. Then the kids can run around and the mess isn't in your house. Done it many times. Trash stays out of my house and no one ever complained they didn't have a good time.

I wish moving to an alternate location would solve rude behavior but I'm not really sure how that would change it. He still would have hogged the food. Instead of him stealing the candy I hid inside, he would have had even better access on a park table in plain view. Same with being a jerk to the other kids, cheating on games, and being disobedient to the host. The party was actually confined to my yard so thankfully the interior of the home was spared. I have a good sized yard, kind of a park in & of itself. Plenty of space for seating, entertainment, and room to run around. I cleaned up the yard but I'd still clean up at the park, too. I feel like I can't take this kid anywhere, to be honest. I've taken him to a bowling alley, Big Air, swimming at the HOA pool, etc. He's been too much to handle each time.  :-\

Obviously there must be some other reason you have to keep inviting him back when you have things. I know a lot of the schools have rules around inviting everybody from the class.  Send him home once should be all it takes or do his parents JNGAC?

SoCal said:
Ready2Downsize said:

I would not invite him back. I bet he ends up in the pokey down the road.

Ready2Downsize said:
SoCal said:
Ready2Downsize said:

He seems like a sociopath.  He will either end up in prison or become the CEO of a big company.

I read that most serial killers when they were kids had a history of starting fires or abusing animals.  I hope this kid is at least nice to animals.

Happiness said:
He seems like a sociopath.  He will either end up in prison or become the CEO of a big company.

LOL!!! Good one.

Good question. I haven't really seen him around animals but he does have a pit bull. If he's NOT nice to animals, we're bound to find out sooner or later because that type of dog will not take it!!

Happiness said:
Ready2Downsize said:
SoCal said:
Ready2Downsize said:

I read that most serial killers when they were kids had a history of starting fires or abusing animals.  I hope this kid is at least nice to animals.

Maybe he's related to John MacAfee.

I give him way better odds of getting carted off to the Hoosegow than being a CEO.

So sad, really. How are his parents or teachers able to handle him?

Ready2Downsize said:

I bet you're right.

It's tough because his brother is one of my son's best friends. Unfortunately, the brothers are presented as some kind of "package deal". Hard to exclude one, especially since my son also has a brother. So when they get together, it's 2 sets of brothers. I feel really weird about leaving the "odd man out". One of my friends even suggested not letting my son be friends anymore with his buddy and just cut all ties. It's hard because that kid, while not on his best behavior when this vigilante is around, is actually a really sweet kid and is polite with me. Tough call. I think I'm just going to have to be straight up with the kids and tell them my thoughts on how this party went and call the kid out on his behavior. It's difficult telling parents that their "little angel" is a jerk so I'm thinking just take it up with the kids. Gosh. This is hard.

Ready2Downsize said:
So sad, really. How are his parents or teachers able to handle him?

Regarding the parents, I think the short answer is: They don't.

The kids aren't doing too hot in school either. That definitely concerns me not only for their sake but the influence it could have on my son. He's the only one of the group who gets straight A's and awards while they have a lot of missing assignments, low grades, mandatory parent-teacher conferences, etc. But he's already starting with the "who cares" attitude like they have. I'm hoping the situation might straighten itself out next year as he heads to junior high. I shared my concerns with his teacher and she said my son and his friend will be separated by academic ability so they probably won't share classes. I'm hoping he'll make new friends.

SoCal said:
It's difficult telling parents that their "little angel" is a jerk so I'm thinking just take it up with the kids. Gosh. This is hard.

If you tell his parents he misbehaved at your party, his parents will blame you for not properly supervising the party.  This is called modern parent logic.

Happiness said:
SoCal said:
It's difficult telling parents that their "little angel" is a jerk so I'm thinking just take it up with the kids. Gosh. This is hard.

If you tell his parents he misbehaved at your party, his parents will blame you for not properly supervising the party.  This is called modern parent logic.

Exactly. One time, I invited the brothers over to play for 2 hours. They made a bee-line to my boys' computer and video games, totally ignoring my kids. 2 hours passed. Then 3. Then 4! Nothing I did worked to get them out of my  house. Even his brother was telling you-know-who to GET OFF. He was like a zombie. Totally zoned out. My boys shut it off. He turned it back on. Finally, the dad came to get the kids, wondering where they were because he had no idea (DUH!) I called them down. He wouldn't come. The dad had to go into the room. He was standing there telling him to get off. No response! Almost like he was catatonic! Not sure if he really was or it is sheer disobedience. I made a motion like, "Now do you see?" The dad had to yell at the kid repeatedly. Finally, he budged. Later, when I mentioned that the kids had over-stayed, the mom replied, "All you had to do was ask them to leave." HAH! The boy did a similar thing another time. Ignoring me and even my husband's orders. I don't have a deep voice so I don't always expect to be heard or intimidate people but my husband does. I would think a kid would jump at a man's bark. It even causes me to flinch. NOT THIS KID! NOPE! My husband had to cut the internet connection to the house to force him out of his zombie state & out of the room!

Oh oh oh and she says he is just "full of energy". Hah! He darts into streets without looking, even at night. HE HAS BEEN HIT BY A CAR ALREADY. Very poor impulse control. Still, he is lacking supervision and discipline. :(

irvinehomeowner said:
So these are the kinds of kids that live in Foothill Ranch?

#CCCimpersonation

LOL! My sister lives in FHR and omg the trouble her boys got into! The sheriff was out many MANY times. They wouldn't have thrown watermelon on someone's wall at a party but I think they might have done it when no one was looking just to see the splatter marks.

But my sister KNEW her kids were like this and she and her hubby would have paid to clean everything up and would have not let them go to a party alone BECAUSE they knew their kids were like this and they would have completely believed anything anyone had to say.

ADHD meds helped somewhat. Luckily they outgrew their mischief.

irvinehomeowner said:
So these are the kinds of kids that live in Foothill Ranch?

#CCCimpersonation

You know it. Self-entitled brats and their enabling, quasi-parents plague every city in America, from all walks of life. #BarronHilton

Back