Fresco @ Eastwood Village

Marlonmadux said:
Hi guys! Just wondering when you guys all signed up to be on the waitlist and how long you got the call to buy. Gauging my chance of getting called versus pulling trigger on resale home.
Thanks a lot!

I signed up in august of last year before housing market went crazy. When i got on the list, IP had Ravello 2 and Fresco lot available but my wife didnt like OH so we decided to wait for Eastwood.  At that time, sale rep told us we would get called in 2-3 phrases. By Nov, we got offered 2 lots to choose. This was when the waitlist got crazy. Talked to rep couple of days ago and she said she has been bombarded with calls on buyers checking on the statuses of open lots every day.

When did you get on the list?

CalBears96 said:
Marlonmadux said:
Hi guys! Just wondering when you guys all signed up to be on the waitlist and how long you got the call to buy. Gauging my chance of getting called versus pulling trigger on resale home.
Thanks a lot!

My co-worker signed up in August and got a call in January.

What lot # did your coworker get?

Danimal said:
Marlonmadux said:
Thanks a lot!

I signed up in august of last year before housing market went crazy. When i got on the list, IP had Ravello 2 and Fresco lot available but my wife didnt like OH so we decided to wait for Eastwood.  At that time, sale rep told us we would get called in 2-3 phrases. By Nov, we got offered 2 lots to choose. This was when the waitlist got crazy. Talked to rep couple of days ago and she said she has been bombarded with calls on buyers checking on the statuses of open lots every day.

Probably not getting called then.. got on the list beginning of feb? lol

Marlonmadux said:
Danimal said:
Marlonmadux said:
Thanks a lot!

Probably not getting called then.. got on the list beginning of feb? lol

For Fresco in OH and Eastwood, probably not. You may have better luck with Azul in PS & OH.

Danimal said:
CalBears96 said:
Marlonmadux said:
Thanks a lot!

My co-worker signed up in August and got a call in January.

What lot # did your coworker get?

I didn't ask him since I don' t know much about Fresco site maps. All I know is that he got Plan 2X (with conservatory and bonus room) for almost $1.9M. And he got called maybe mid January? You probably can figure out the lot # from that information.  ;D

Looks like a brand new Plan 1 will be listing @ $1.9M

[youtube]https://youtu.be/BsbHUY2XJYA?t=50[/youtube]

CalBears96 said:
linus said:

No upgrades at all.

Everything is pretty much standard. 2300 sqft for $1.9mil. That?s $835 per sqft.  Yikes?..  I woudlnt be surprised if this house had the same mainland Chinese FCB as recently sold Fresco 3. 😀

Danimal said:
CalBears96 said:
linus said:

No upgrades at all.

Everything is pretty much standard. 2300 sqft for $1.9mil. That?s $835 per sqft.  Yikes?..  I woudlnt be surprised if this house had the same mainland Chinese FCB as recently sold Fresco 3. 😀

Given that a plan 1 is listed at $1.8m on the latest sales office price list, $1.9m isn?t too outrageous considering this one has the bigger lot size of the original tract, has the conservatory included (optional for plan 1 in extension tract), also the potential buyer will be able to lock in at the current rate for their mortgage

I've noticed the average $ per sqft for resale in Eastwood is close or even higher than Orchard hills - but Fresco is still more expensive in OH than in EW

We received the phase 14C pricing email and I guess we are closer to get a spot?

But the price increased so much from phase 13 in 2 months ago -- I am not sure it is worth buying anymore. The risk of buying at peak seems to be pretty high, and the interest rate is likely much higher after 6~9 months. 

We have a place to live at a very low cost, and the monthly cost of owning this Eastwood home is much higher now - unless we buy this as an investment.

Do you think buying an Eastwood new home is a good investment that will appreciate in 6-9 months?

Plan2X, 2944 sqft, 3951 sqft lot,  price = $2.113M
Plan3X, 3024 sqft, 3951 sqft lot, price = $2.166M

huuur said:
We received the phase 14C pricing email and I guess we are closer to get a spot?

But the price increased so much from phase 13 in 2 months ago -- I am not sure it is worth buying anymore. The risk of buying at peak seems to be pretty high, and the interest rate is likely much higher after 6~9 months. 

We have a place to live at a very low cost, and the monthly cost of owning this Eastwood home is much higher now - unless we buy this as an investment.

Do you think buying an Eastwood new home is a good investment that will appreciate in 6-9 months?

You are probably near the top of the list. Wow that?s almost $300k increase for model 3 I paid three months ago.

If you plan to live there for  a long time, I say go for it. I am not sure if it is worth it as an investment considered how much you pay. You have to rent the house for at least $8-9k a month and how many renters out there willing to pay that much?

huuur said:

Price per Sqt wise, plan 3(700$) is  better compared to the Plan 1 Resale(825$) noted a few posts above. EW prices have done extremely well so far and could hold up value even if there is market downturn IMO.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
huuur said:

Price per Sqt wise, plan 3(700$) is  better compared to the Plan 1 Resale(825$) noted a few posts above. EW prices have done extremely well so far and could hold up value even if there is market downturn IMO.

I just looked at lot map and Model 2 is actually a corner lot which explains why its price is so close to Model 3.

You were so lucky to buy in phase 13 - I think that's when the resale market jumps in price but Fresco new home didn't catch up to market yet.

I don't think Eastwood Fresco can rent $8~9K, I am more thinking about selling it right away after 9 months when the home is ready.

But I guess the likelihood of the home appreciating 20% like last year is pretty low, and the risk it will drop or stay flat is much higher.

Danimal said:
huuur said:

You are probably near the top of the list. Wow that?s almost $300k increase for model 3 I paid three months ago.

If you plan to live there for  a long time, I say go for it. I am not sure if it is worth it as an investment considered how much you pay. You have to rent the house for at least $8-9k a month and how many renters out there willing to pay that much?

huuur said:
You were so lucky to buy in phase 13 - I think that's when the resale market jumps in price but Fresco new home didn't catch up to market yet.

I don't think it can rent $8~9K, I am more thinking about selling it right away after 9 months when the home is ready.

But I guess the likelihood of the home appreciating 20% like last year is pretty low, and the risk it will drop or flat is much higher.

Danimal said:
huuur said:

I actually bought in Phrase 12 and was lucky enough to be able to pick a corner lot. Phrase 13 prices went up by only $50k.  If you are thinking about flipping and have a choice between model 3 and 2, go for corner lot model 2. I will have better resale value.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Price per Sqt wise, plan 3(700$) is better compared to the Plan 1 Resale(825$) noted a few posts above. EW prices have done extremely well so far and could hold up value even if there is market downturn IMO.

Plan 1 is not avaliable in this phase.

Price per sqft for plan 2 is $717) and plan 3 is $716.

I looked at Eastwood 4-br resale last month, the average is $720. I can't see the prices in escrow but it feels like the price is peaking at least short term.

So the new home per sqft is higher than the market price considering the upgrade cost later + interest rate hike in 9 months

huuur said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
Price per Sqt wise, plan 3(700$) is better compared to the Plan 1 Resale(825$) noted a few posts above. EW prices have done extremely well so far and could hold up value even if there is market downturn IMO.

Plan 1 is not avaliable in this phase.

Price per sqft for plan 2 is $717) and plan 3 is $716.

I looked at Eastwood 4-br resale last month, the average is $720. I can't see the prices in escrow but it feels like the price is peaking at least short term.

So the new home per sqft is higher than the market price considering the upgrade cost later + interest rate hike in 9 months

If you're flipping it, then you probably don't want to upgrade. Just like the Plan 1 being sold. It has no upgrades whatsoever.

Danimal said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
huuur said:

I just looked at lot map and Model 2 is actually a corner lot which explains why its price is so close to Model 3.

Yes, plan 2 is a corner lot, which is nice. But it seems the yard is pretty small - especially with a conservatory added.

Which has a higher premium? Corner lot or larger yard?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 8.17.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 8.17.23 PM.png
    233.6 KB · Views: 58
huuur said:
Danimal said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
huuur said:

Yes, plan 2 is a corner lot, which is nice. But it seems the yard is pretty small - especially with a conservatory added.

Which has a higher premium? Corner lot or larger yard?

Larger lot > small yard corner lot

Back