Fresco @ Eastwood Village

qwerty said:
Compressed-Village said:
All these are still better than Waste Management Recycling processing center and cement facility on Jamboree and Baranca a stone throw away from Tustin Field homes and surrounding area of the Tustin district location.

It?s a good thing I don?t live by the waste management site. And I I don?t know about the accuracy of your statement. Whatever trash smell comes from the waste management site off of jamboree just comes from the trash that is already inside everyone?s homes. Asphalt smell is probably actually toxic vs trash smell

And we all know an actual landfill that is near orchard hills, Eastwood, stonegate, Woodbury and great park is worse than an a waste management facility.

Hey at least you guys still have great schools! :)

Don't forget Portola Springs is also right there by the landfill. I'm so glad that the only thing I'll have to worry about is airborne toxins from the landfill! What a relief.

I guess if you're superstitious some parts of PS were Native American burial grounds right?  Maybe I'm wrong.

Wonder if the Silverado fire will make buyers doubt Eastwood, Orchard and PS? Curious to follow the Fresco sales (and pricing).

Sidehussle said:
Wonder if the Silverado fire will make buyers doubt Eastwood, Orchard and PS? Curious to follow the Fresco sales (and pricing).

I'm curious to know the same. Hopefully no one gets seriously hurt and no one loses there homes.

I was actively looking in OH and GP and now contemplating if it's worth it. With climate change, not sure this will get any better down the road...

Sidehussle said:

Sidehussle said:

Short answer: No

Yesterday and today Ive received calls asking if already scheduled tours have to be canceled or request for new ones lol. Then there's questions regarding if they can get a better deal now if the owner is scared or for new builds, if they have moved up on the priority list with the competition scared off. Thats just for the evacuation zones. Business as usual elsewhere.

I believe this was a concern with the 2008 fire being closer to Portola Parkway and Northwood, but any local residents have any insight to offer related to home insurance or fire insurance policies?

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
Sidehussle said:

Sidehussle said:

Short answer: No

Yesterday and today Ive received calls asking if already scheduled tours have to be canceled or request for new ones lol. Then there's questions regarding if they can get a better deal now if the owner is scared or for new builds, if they have moved up on the priority list with the competition scared off. Thats just for the evacuation zones. Business as usual elsewhere.

I def dont think that is the majority. My opinion, it'll have an affect. It's not going to crash the market but it'll slow it down.

How are these selling? They just released Phase 2, which i think was the 3rd release since the grand opening. (Phase 3, Phase 4, and now Phase 2).

IP is continuing to do well. They have plus size models ( Residence 1x, 2x, 3?) opened today. I am considering plan 1?...not too much interior space at 2389Sf but after Salono/Napa in final phases, Fresco seems good value if you want to live in Eastwood.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
IP is continuing to do well. They have plus size models ( Residence 1x, 2x, 3?) opened today. I am considering plan 1?...not too much interior space at 2389Sf but after Salono/Napa in final phases, Fresco seems good value if you want to live in Eastwood.
I am eyeing a Plan 1x at 2389 Sqt as an upgrade from my current Petaluma Plan 3 (2045 sqt).  But sometimes, I wonder if it's really an upgrade. On paper, Fresco is a true SFR and has a bigger lot, plus downstairs bedroom+ bath, and in a nicer part of EW. But, my petaluma has a much efficient floor plan and more counter space in the kitchen compared to the tiny kitchen of Fresco plan 1.  Prices are only going up for SFRs. Wondering if anyone had this type of debate in their mind....

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
I am eyeing a Plan 1x at 2389 Sqt as an upgrade from my current Petaluma Plan 3 (2045 sqt).  But sometimes, I wonder if it's really an upgrade. On paper, Fresco is a true SFR and has a bigger lot, plus downstairs bedroom+ bath, and in a nicer part of EW. But, my petaluma has a much efficient floor plan and more counter space in the kitchen compared to the tiny kitchen of Fresco plan 1.  Prices are only going up for SFRs. Wondering if anyone had this type of debate in their mind....

That is exactly the discussion my wife and I are having about Fresco.  We currently have a 1,991 sq. ft. Juniper plan in Portola Springs.  A Plan 2 would yield a larger backyard (plot dependent), a driveway, a larger laundry room, larger pantry, larger living room area, and larger walk in closet in the master.  Is it worth the $1,598,000 purchase price, not really but the market is fairly efficient.  If the prices are truly too high they wouldn?t be selling.  We?ve seen this in the past where builders have had to offer significant buying incentives along with no price increases from phase to phase.  That does not appear to be the case here.

so we ended up getting into a contract for plan 1x. There was always desire for us to own a true SFR with driveway, and this home came very close to it if not ideal.
Initially we felt plan 1 price itself way too high and therefore didnt even pay much attention to plan 2. But,  actually plan 2 floor plan is much better. This would mean another 100k or 500$ more per month if financed. Sticking with plan 1x...got a 180 day rate lock in case rates go up next year.

Slevinkelevra said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

That is exactly the discussion my wife and I are having about Fresco.  We currently have a 1,991 sq. ft. Juniper plan in Portola Springs.  A Plan 2 would yield a larger backyard (plot dependent), a driveway, a larger laundry room, larger pantry, larger living room area, and larger walk in closet in the master.  Is it worth the $1,598,000 purchase price, not really but the market is fairly efficient.  If the prices are truly too high they wouldn?t be selling.  We?ve seen this in the past where builders have had to offer significant buying incentives along with no price increases from phase to phase.  That does not appear to be the case here.

holy SHIT, with landscaping and upgrades you're talking a 1.8M house (or more!).  I get that Irvine is desirable, but definitely look at what you can get for 1.8 in Tustin Ranch or Foothill Ranch/Baker Ranch.  Geez. 

Irvinehomeseeker said:
so we ended up getting into a contract for plan 1x. There was always desire for us to own a true SFR with driveway, and this home came very close to it if not ideal.
Initially we felt plan 1 price itself way too high and therefore didnt even pay much attention to plan 2. But,  actually plan 2 floor plan is much better. This would mean another 100k or 500$ more per month if financed. Sticking with plan 1x...got a 180 day rate lock in case rates go up next year.
congrats!! question for you, what made you go new construction in the 1m-2m price range? Did you look into buying a resale that requires work and dumping money for renovations instead?

Irvinehomeseeker said:
i think in today's market resale is closing in on the pricing for new construction. If the below townhome in QH listed at 1.45 million can go pending in matter of days, then new construction at 1.5 mil base price looks more apealling:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/207-Tuberose-92603/home/5918084

And here I was laughing at the price of that one and the other one for sale by it, but I guess someone liked it! Lol.

irviniteeee said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
i think in today's market resale is closing in on the pricing for new construction. If the below townhome in QH listed at 1.45 million can go pending in matter of days, then new construction at 1.5 mil base price looks more apealling:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/207-Tuberose-92603/home/5918084

And here I was laughing at the price of that one and the other one for sale by it, but I guess someone liked it! Lol.

Location is another consideration. to justify the high price of the QH townhome...I figure QH is very desirable location being south of 405 and zoned to uni high.

ThirtySomethingWEquity said:
Slevinkelevra said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

holy SHIT, with landscaping and upgrades you're talking a 1.8M house (or more!).  I get that Irvine is desirable, but definitely look at what you can get for 1.8 in Tustin Ranch or Foothill Ranch/Baker Ranch.  Geez. 

I agree with you completely.  The cost basis is too high. In fact there are other options (new construction) that offer more for your dollar.  Genoa in Orchard Hills Groves is 1.78 and is 3,800 sq. ft. and gated.  But it's Tustin Unified and a KB home.  I have a friend with a brand new KB Home and it was littered with construction issues so their reputation about marginal build quality held true.  Irvine Pacific has a better build reputation, and they always choose the best plots of land within a community. 

Slevinkelevra said:
ThirtySomethingWEquity said:
Slevinkelevra said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

I agree with you completely.  The cost basis is too high. In fact there are other options (new construction) that offer more for your dollar.  Genoa in Orchard Hills Groves is 1.78 and is 3,800 sq. ft. and gated.  But it's Tustin Unified and a KB home.  I have a friend with a brand new KB Home and it was littered with construction issues so their reputation about marginal build quality held true.  Irvine Pacific has a better build reputation, and they always choose the best plots of land within a community. 

And this is why is it so important to get a home inspection on a new home.

Back