EV/Plug-in/Other vehicles

What type of alternative fuel car are you buying in the near future?

• All electric (EV) car, luxury over $50k like Tesla

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • EV car but lower priced less than $40k like Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf, Hyundai Ioniq

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Plug-in Hybrid (Chevy Volt, Kia Niro, Honda Clarity)

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Hydrogen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters
MY LR only up $1,500 but I think they will raise it again this week.

Getting impatient for my Cybertruck?

Maybe if I tweet Elon the screenshot from when I made my reservation.
He'll just ban your account.

But seriously, I don't think reservations made back then had any guarantee of prices. Do you have anything in your email when you made the reservation?

There was a discussion about this on some Telsa forum and I don't remember what the conclusion was.

In the case of Rivian, reservation holders were not entitled to the initial price and had to pay the new price get a deposit refund.

Rivian (at least now) is a little different because those were configured reservations.

The Telsa ones were always just a line holder, like the F-150 LIghtning. It's not until you order your configuration where you can get some price guarantee.

In the case of Rivian, reservation holders were not entitled to the initial price and had to pay the new price get a deposit refund.
I have the r1s pre price hike reservation, they raised it, but honored the initial pricing later on. But they did get rid of the lowest price configuration, forced to buy one of the packages. But any of the extra options are also priced before the hike.

Test drove one, the rear seats (3rd row) is really cramped and storage is smaller than I expected it to be, almost feels like the Honda pilot had more room in the back. The front however is very roomy.

He'll just ban your account.

But seriously, I don't think reservations made back then had any guarantee of prices. Do you have anything in your email when you made the reservation?

There was a discussion about this on some Telsa forum and I don't remember what the conclusion was.
Yes, I have an email and an "Order Agreement" PDF attachment... The fine print says:

Final Price Sheet: The Final Price Sheet will be provided to you as your delivery date nears. It will include final pricing based on your Vehicle
Configuration and will include taxes and official or governmental fees.

So ya, probably not going to be $40k

I have the r1s pre price hike reservation, they raised it, but honored the initial pricing later on. But they did get rid of the lowest price configuration, forced to buy one of the packages. But any of the extra options are also priced before the hike.
I stand corrected.

There's only 2 Tesla Model Y's in inventory in all of CA right now... Tesla's numbers next quarter are going to look amazing. After that, it's anyone's guess... Model Y is to Tesla what the iPhone is to Apple.

Anyone buying leaps?

Tesla slashes prices again:

Probably for a 2nd quarter push for total quarter deliveries, more expensive models (S/X) selling slowly, and response to the new Fed ruling to reduce the tax credit due to battery source/assembly.
Supposedly, Model 3 will lose half of the credit because the LFP battery is made in China, but MY (according to Tesla's website) should still get the full $7,500 credit.

Back