EV/Plug-in/Other vehicles

What type of alternative fuel car are you buying in the near future?

• All electric (EV) car, luxury over $50k like Tesla

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • EV car but lower priced less than $40k like Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf, Hyundai Ioniq

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Plug-in Hybrid (Chevy Volt, Kia Niro, Honda Clarity)

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Hydrogen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters
I like the exterior redesign. Interior pluses include new front ventilated seats, more sound deadening, added speakers, and rear control screen. Downside: no signal or shifting stalks.

Here is Car Wow's drive test:

Rivian might start leasing soon.

If they do that... I may bite.

They also fixed their ride quality via an OTA update... let's see an ICE car do that. :)

Not for good reasons…😳🤦🏽‍♂️😂🦄🌈
  • Tesla cut the price of some Model 3 and Model Y versions in the U.S. after the company reported third-quarter deliveries that missed market expectations.
  • The latest round of price cuts comes just days after Tesla reported third-quarter deliveries of 435,059 vehicles, missing analyst expectations and marking a decline from the previous quarter.

Not for good reasons…😳🤦🏽‍♂️😂🦄🌈
  • Tesla cut the price of some Model 3 and Model Y versions in the U.S. after the company reported third-quarter deliveries that missed market expectations.
  • The latest round of price cuts comes just days after Tesla reported third-quarter deliveries of 435,059 vehicles, missing analyst expectations and marking a decline from the previous quarter.
Talk about nothing burger.

Sure they lowered prices to move more metal... that's what everyone does.

I notice you're not saying how much they lose per vehicle... that's why they can drop prices.

They lower prices because demand is falling…that is not a good thing. Lowering prices and profit to clear a backlog of inventory is not what any business wants. If demand exceeded supply prices would rise not fall. Econ 101.🤷🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🦄🌈

They lower prices because demand is falling…that is not a good thing. Lowering prices and profit to clear a backlog of inventory is not what any business wants. If demand exceeded supply prices would rise not fall. Econ 101.🤷🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🦄🌈
Funny things morekaos says.

Reading comprehension indeed…their own admission..

Curious questions: Who on the board might have the oldest Tesla? I'm wondering about battery degradation and impact on range. Any 2014 Model S owners out there able to share what a 9 yr old battery charge and range looks like? How about a 2018 unit? After 5 yrs of use what is your experience with an original battery Tesla?

This claim of a million miles battery Tesla is bullshit isn't? while I found some credible writting in the attached link.

Someone whom adopting new tech and bought early Tesla, ain't gonna keep a car that long.

They probably will trade up every 2 years, or like the IPhone cycle, every year. Ha ha

How about a 2018 unit? After 5 yrs of use what is your experience with an original battery Tesla?

After 5 years and 70k miles, my 2018 Model 3 now charges to a max of 287 miles. Originally, it charged to a max of 310 miles.

The tech changes quickly. The 2014/2015 Teslas that my family and friends have seem very dated to me and I don’t like driving them at all.

I had read that the mileage limits are software, not hardware controlled.is that the case? A 280 mile limited battery could see an OTA software update allowing 20-30 more miles on the same battery for example?

Reading comprehension indeed…their own admission..
That's what I said.

What you said was the lack of comprehension.

I had read that the mileage limits are software, not hardware controlled.is that the case? A 280 mile limited battery could see an OTA software update allowing 20-30 more miles on the same battery for example?
There are some few instances like that but it is not that common. A couple of the instances:
- Old Model S 60 could be unlocked to be a Model S 75
- Original $35k Model 3 SR could be unlocked to be an SR+

While driving back from Westminster this afternoon, I saw a VinFast on 22. I guess it's the VF8 SUV since that seems to be the one selling in the US.

Back