Estimate of deaths by end of June from Covid-19

We are over 80k... where will we be by end of June?

• less than 100k

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • 100k-125k

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • 125k-150k

• 150k+

• 200k+

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
qwerty said:
Not to take this on a tangent but It would be nice if more Americans were as passionate against Police brutality against African Americans as they are about saving covid deaths. Perhaps we would not have incidents like George Floyd. Saw the video yesterday. That was brutal to watch.

As I said... have you seen the protests... much more "passionate" than any Covid/Lockdown protest.

You know why? Most people understand that flattening the curve is a reasonable solution, I mean... the entire world agreed on that... except for you. I don't even know if morekaos or Kings thinks we should not have locked down.

qwerty said:
It?s easy, one can be stopped and the other one can?t. Just being delayed.

Which one are you talking about? How do you propose flattening police brutality?

Nothing is easy when it comes to protecting lives.

irvinehomeowner said:
I think the lockdown and distance teaching has taken a toll on qwerty's intelligence.

I would have thought you'd blame qwerty brain damage on the virus rather than the lockdown.

This is a sad commentary on what is going on:

S4TIPUV2PRGYHHKTPZ4HUJZYQ4.jpg

So if this gets over 150k, what does that mean?

I hope it doesn't... but the numbers seem to be tracking in that direction.

150,000 by when?

The actions taken were to prevent millions of deaths.  If the uncontrolled run is 300,000, did we mess up?

It?s a two sided coin, how many more deaths indicates failure in reopening, the other is under how many deaths indicates failure in shutdown and  disproportionate fear mongering?

Yes, the economy gets damage either way, but that?s with all channels basically saying it spreads like wildfire and you die if you go to the hospital with it.

We are currently at just over 100,000 deaths.  If didn't shutdown, how many more deaths would we have had? 50,000?  100,000?  How many of those 50,000 or 100,000 are additional versus now instead of some time later?

Now let's talk about our current situation, a vaccine, still months out, deaths are trending about 1000 per day with the decrease slowing, if we stabilize near 1000 deaths a day, what's our plan?

1000 deaths a day from covid for the next year is possible.  Is everybody stay at home next year realistic for 300,000 deaths?

@NSR:

Over 150k by end of June like the poll says.

I don't think we need to re-lockdown... we just need to be vigilant in quarantining those who are ill, sheltering those who are at-risk, and using best practice safety protocols for those out and about.

There may be hotspots that need to be locked down, but that should be on a case-by-case basis.

Maybe that's the way we should have done this in the first place... but with so many unknowns... I felt that we took the safest measures based on what we knew at the time.

Thankfully... it doesn't look like it will hit 150k by end of June.

At the current rate, it looks like it might go just over 130k but it looks like deaths are slowing down as we understand more about treating Covid and keeping at risk people safe.

Cases seem to be rising which was expected but hopefully it's at a rate that is manageable, and for any of the serious cases, we have used this time to prepare resource wise.

irvinehomeowner said:

At the current rate, it looks like it might go just over 130k but it looks like deaths are slowing down as we understand more about treating Covid and keeping at risk people safe.

Cases seem to be rising which was expected but hopefully it's at a rate that is manageable, and for any of the serious cases, we have used this time to prepare resource wise.
Either way - we will just stop testing and identifying who is positive by that point.  Is this really what our great nation has came to. We are just going to bury our heads in the sand and give up.  I can't get over how significantly the US has failed relative to the vast majority of developed countries we historically claimed to be superior to.  Unbelievable and just sad.  Even if we get lucky and the ignore it and test less strategy works...it will only because of sheer luck of the virus going away. It will not because of any actual skill or strategic insights, it is just because we have demonstrated a clear inability as a nation to come together and actually respond to challenging circumstances.  Instead we have decided that politics matter more than what is right. 

It is just sad and pathetic. 

Bullsback said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Either way - we will just stop testing and identifying who is positive by that point.  Is this really what our great nation has came to. We are just going to bury our heads in the sand and give up.  I can't get over how significantly the US has failed relative to the vast majority of developed countries we historically claimed to be superior to.  Unbelievable and just sad.  Even if we get lucky and the ignore it and test less strategy works...it will only because of sheer luck of the virus going away. It will not because of any actual skill or strategic insights, it is just because we have demonstrated a clear inability as a nation to come together and actually respond to challenging circumstances.  Instead we have decided that politics matter more than what is right. 

It is just sad and pathetic.

I understand and I do not get it also. The top country in the world could not get in front of covid. As I mentioned other countries got in front of covid and did not spend billions and trillions of dollars.

Simple social distancing and wearing masks will help this. It all comes from the top. The President does not want to show that covid is a problem.
Trump recently said that he thinks Americans are wearing masks that disapprove of him.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/18/tru...virus-masks-to-signal-disapproval-of-him.html

While Fake News continues to breathlessly cite "new cases" of Covid 19, they ignore the fact that only deaths count.  More testing of course leads to more positive tests, but so what?  The survival rate is well in excess of 99% and probably in excess of 99.9%.

Gee I got a sore throat and it went away. Call Fake News immediately and panic.

Attachments

• Flu deaths to June 23.jpg
    Flu deaths to June 23.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 135
Likes to tell stories, talks about how many great things he does, calls everything fake news... and hates on the left... I think Starman is Trump's TI account. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
Likes to tell stories, talks about how many great things he does, calls everything fake news... and hates on the left... I think Starman is Trump's TI account. :)

Sounds like he hates Irvine. ghost account of Liar?

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:

paydawg said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Starman is probably about 65 yrs old, if not older, based on his prior posts.  I think Liar is closer to his 40-50's.

Similarities: they both use the word sic, unlike Irvine, same political views, they both will not confirm or deny 

paydawg said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Starman is probably about 65 yrs old, if not older, based on his prior posts. 

Yet more evidence that he is Trump. :)

I think Liar is closer to his 40-50's. 

Yeah, I don't think LL is Starman. For all his anti-Irvine rhetoric, LL doesn't drop as much hate on other posters and doesn't use the chicken... err... ignore list. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
paydawg said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Yeah, I don't think LL is Starman. For all his anti-Irvine rhetoric, LL doesn't drop as much hate on other posters and doesn't use the chicken... err... ignore list. :)

I think (think) both of them mentioned where is my thanks. (If my memory serves me correctly)

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
paydawg said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I think (think) both of them mentioned where is my thanks. (If my memory serves me correctly)

Same characteristics. Sorry but the where are my thanks does it for me.
Also, I noticed when someone is on TI the other person is not.

It is so obvious with the same distasteful political nonsense.

I don't recall LL hating on the left, just propping up the right.

LL has a different vernacular and posting style but you never know.

paydawg said:
irvinehomeowner said:

While reading your brief post, Paydawg, I could not help but see the nonsense prattled by irvinehomeowner, whose very name boasts of "owning a home" in Irvine.

For the benefit of others besides irvinehomeowner, I will explain what is only too obvious to me and people of good will and common sense.

Decent people appreciate good ideas.  Indecent people, such as irvinehomeowner and his pal eyephone, find sour grapes everywhere.  My points and suggestions are not about me.  What hateful Leftists think about me is immaterial.  As Dennis Prager said, "You shouldn't care about what others think about you.  You should only care what God thinks about you."

You can choose to not help keep your community clean by picking up litter.
You can choose to not help your fellow man by not stopping to help someone else in need.
You can choose to look the other way when something needs to be repaired or the park lights need to be turned off, or there are electrical hazards that could kill a child. 

If you haven't thought about such things, maybe you should.  Better yet, do them.
But ridiculing someone purely out of your own ignorance and pettiness.... that's just sick, like looting and burning stores is sick.  Trump supporters aren't the ones doing the looting and arson and occupying central Seattle. 

Attachments

• Vile AOC.jpg
    Vile AOC.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 124
StarmanMBA said:
paydawg said:
irvinehomeowner said:

While reading your brief post, Paydawg, I could not help but see the nonsense prattled by irvinehomeowner, whose very name boasts of "owning a home" in Irvine.

For the benefit of others besides irvinehomeowner, I will explain what is only too obvious to me and people of good will and common sense.

Decent people appreciate good ideas.  Indecent people, such as irvinehomeowner and his pal eyephone, find sour grapes everywhere.  My points and suggestions are not about me.  What hateful Leftists think about me is immaterial.  As Dennis Prager said, "You shouldn't care about what others think about you.  You should only care what God thinks about you."

You can choose to not help keep your community clean by picking up litter.
You can choose to not help your fellow man by not stopping to help someone else in need.
You can choose to look the other way when something needs to be repaired or the park lights need to be turned off, or there are electrical hazards that could kill a child. 

If you haven't thought about such things, maybe you should.  Better yet, do them.
But ridiculing someone purely out of your own ignorance and pettiness.... that's just sick, like looting and burning stores is sick.  Trump supporters aren't the ones doing the looting and arson and occupying central Seattle. 

Such hypocrisy!!!

If I'm on ignore, don't respond... that's the point. Otherwise, stop being a chicken and let's have a discussion... "that's what few men do".

Back