Ellwood by Richmond American at Beacon Park

I would like to see more dual refrigerator setups in the kitchen. At least as an option if not standard.  I think Lafayette in SG did this? Also laundry on both floors, not sure why that hasn't been offered yet. The bedroom downstairs is meant for parents but how are they supposed to do laundry? The first floor should be self contained without having to go upstairs for laundry. There was a plan at Augusta that I liked, the plan two with two bedroom suites downstairs including the master and the laundry was upstairs. Made no sense.

Was @ Ellwood today and they said Phase 6 all sold out and Phase 7 is releasing this Saturday. The sales agent said that she assumes that would be sold out that day itself as the Priority list was 40+ long...

JLin said:
Phase 6 was released yesterday. All but 1 plan 1 sold. Wait list about 60ish deep and about 30 showed up
Pricing:
1-823990
2-862990
3-886990

Add 7k for modern elevation

Phase 7 Pricing:
Nash (Plan 1)
Homesite 17  $823,490
Homesite 20  $830,490

Nathaniel (Plan 2)
Homesite 16  $858,490
Homesite 21  $865,490

Nolan (Plan 3)
Homesite 18  $891,990
Homesite 19  $898,990

These are the lots across from Lennar's Rowland

Over Priced

Yes, there was price hike from Phase 6 to 7.  It seems to be over priced now. may be not worth as per my realtor's suggestion.

Mind game

For me Richmond playing mind game with buyers with hidden priority list and increased 70k from the first home. 

Too many decks

Also, I would not suggest anyone taking deck. reason is pretty simple. View is blocked by other decks and they are so close, you might feel like living with neighbors rather than your family. I  went on to a deck under construction, they look ugly from each others deck. again personal preference.

No Diversity

One thing I dint like is, it will be dominated by one ethnic group and you don't want to be alien among them and I am worried about resale for the same reason. diversified is always good, but this is other way round.

Builders Marker:

Coming from realtors family, I think GP try to stretch to wider($600k-$2M) range of audience and made limited options to one particular type of buyer. Say if you are buyer at 2000sq ft and 800k range, there would be only 2-3 homes and You might like only one choice to by.  So you perspective is only one choice out of 64 models.  But this works good for developer(FP), as he can capture more range of buyers. Where as other communities, at lease 5 perspective floor plans in 800-900k range.  This is Five point's strategy to sell fast.

I printed my thoughts and you buy at your own risk.

Welcome to L-wood Dance Club 8)
Tag line: You must be in VIP list to enter.

One day we planned to go to a dance club. We went on Broadway and looked for nice club. really attracted by the club that stands out with rooftop dance floor. So we decided to hop in. We stepped in, it was like old wine in new bottle. more closey, dark and congested than other clubs.  We checked the menu, prices are so reasonable and so we feel like save some dollars and decided to hang on. But we noticed it started crowded.

We looked at the menu, $1 per beer but there was big VIP line at bartender. But we decided to stay in VIP line as we got last spot in VIP list. We got our turn. By the time we got our beer, they charged $10 per beer. Bartender told us, price was increased a dollar for every alternative person in the line. :eek:  No choice we took it. We could not get on to roof top dance floor  as we are at the end of VIP list and roof top is too crowded with VIP priority list. Bouncer at door told us, we have to wait until end of the night to get on to roof top deck. night was melting down. We neither got on to roof top dance floor nor we had $1 beer.

We hang out for sometime on first floor and after a while stepped out for fresh air. We noticed other clubs near by and thought of checking it just for curiosity.  we hop in one of them. They have standard but nice wooden dance floor, nice leather sofas and nice bar stools and menu is std flat $2 per beer with no wait line but no rooftop dance floor. Our beer belly was full from earlier club and we could not have any $2 beer. Party was over doors shut for the night as we hope in late...

What is the moral of the story. Welcome to Ellwood BP. hahaha :)

java123 said:
No Diversity

One thing I dint like is, it will be dominated by one ethnic group and you don't want to be alien among them and I am worried about resale for the same reason. diversified is always good, but this is other way round.
Which group is this? Doesn't the proposed cemetery keep at least a few groups out?

#IAintAfraidOfNoGhost

java123 said:
No Diversity

This is becoming a bigger concern for me to buy anything in Irvine not just in BP.  Yes, there are neighborhoods that are mixed in races in both ends of income spectrum but for the size and price range that I'm looking for (3 or 4 bed for about $700k to $900k), the (especially new) houses are gobbled up by not one race but one nationality, it seems like.  And I have to say that it not only drove our Caucasian fellows away from Irvine, but also made me give up on several houses that I was interested, especially in the newly developed areas.  I often didn't see any other ethnic groups at the model house.

This is free and capitalistic country so I'm not saying we can't have this or this is wrong.  Diversity is better than homogenous neighborhood, and that's the reason why I don't move to South Central LA, East LA, Newport Coast (can't afford anyway), or Monterey Park...  Irvine was well mixed I thought 10, 15 years ago but not anymore...

However, I guess, similar ones stick together and this issue of race/color/nationality will never get resolve.  If I don't like it, I just need to pack up and move somewhere...

AW said:
I know you've mentioned that it was designed height specific for Asian buyers and whatnot and so the tri level is on par with other 2 story plans.  But it was probably the first thing I've noticed and people over 6ft tall have mentioned to me, ceilings were too low, felt like going to the shire and visiting hobbits.  On the other hand, can be construed as "cozy" feel.

Are you serious? It reads like you are, indeed, serious but just want to confirm. It's the first time I've heard of this. What, exactly, is lower... just the ceiling height or everything in the home? For example, is each stair step shorter? Are counters lower? Does anyone have photos of this? I find this fascinating.

pricedoutJay said:
java123 said:
No Diversity

This is becoming a bigger concern for me to buy anything in Irvine not just in BP.  Yes, there are neighborhoods that are mixed in races in both ends of income spectrum but for the size and price range that I'm looking for (3 or 4 bed for about $700k to $900k), the (especially new) houses are gobbled up by not one race but one nationality, it seems like.  And I have to say that it not only drove our Caucasian fellows away from Irvine, but also made me give up on several houses that I was interested, especially in the newly developed areas.  I often didn't see any other ethnic groups at the model house.

This is free and capitalistic country so I'm not saying we can't have this or this is wrong.  Diversity is better than homogenous neighborhood, and that's the reason why I don't move to South Central LA, East LA, Newport Coast (can't afford anyway), or Monterey Park...  Irvine was well mixed I thought 10, 15 years ago but not anymore...

However, I guess, similar ones stick together and this issue of race/color/nationality will never get resolve.  If I don't like it, I just need to pack up and move somewhere...

Wait...what exactly about Irvine is not diverse?  Irvine doesn't not have Qwerties and African Americans but Asians of all different nationalities: Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Indians, Singaporeans, etc. 

Irvinecommuter said:
Wait...what exactly about Irvine is not diverse?  Irvine doesn't not have Qwerties and African Americans but Asians of all different nationalities: Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Indians, Singaporeans, etc.

funny...  I'll take this as a joke...

From a set of Caucasian eyes or any other non-"Asians" you mentioned, they are all same race...  My neighborhood, it's apparent that every time there is a house for sale, it has been white folks selling and those different Asian nationalities (I don't want to single out but it's been predominantly one nationality so far) plus India folks (Indians but still there are some who think Indians are native Americans...) for the past 2 to 3 years...

The neighborhood that I lived for 3 years from around 2005 through 2010, used be mixed with about half/half with Americans (including non-Caucasians who actually were born here or spent most of their lives here in the US) and Asians, but when I left, there was only one sole Caucasian lady who lived by herself working at the hospital and every other house around her (about 8, or 9 houses, motor court homes so tightly packed) were occupied by Asians who were not assimilated immigrants... 

However, I noticed more African Americans and Hispanics in apartments and my kids' school, significantly more than when they started kindergarten...

Don't lynch me.  Just personal experience and observation.

POJ - wanting to see your type of your "people" is your preference. There are other options if you want to see your neighbor that looks like you.

#justsaying
#icanbewrong
#youpossiblyhavealonglistofrequirements

pricedoutJay said:
Irvinecommuter said:

From a set of Caucasian eyes or any other non-"Asians" you mentioned, they are all same race...  My neighborhood, it's apparent that every time there is a house for sale, it has been white folks selling and those different Asian nationalities (I don't want to single out but it's been predominantly one nationality so far) plus India folks (Indians but still there are some who think Indians are native Americans...) for the past 2 to 3 years...

The neighborhood that I lived for 3 years from around 2005 through 2010, used be mixed with about half/half with Americans (including non-Caucasians who actually were born here or spent most of their lives here in the US) and Asians, but when I left, there was only one sole Caucasian lady who lived by herself working at the hospital and every other house around her (about 8, or 9 houses, motor court homes so tightly packed) were occupied by Asians who were not assimilated immigrants... 

However, I noticed more African Americans and Hispanics in apartments and my kids' school, significantly more than when they started kindergarten...

#isee

pricedoutJay said:
Irvinecommuter said:

So basically...not enough white people.  Of course, Irvine is still 45.7% white.
https://legacy.cityofirvine.org/about/demographics.asp

Feels like a lot less than 46%. Both my neighbors (left & right) are asian. My neighbor directly across the street from me is asian. I think all Koreans. Only white person is the neighbor behind me.

Irvine Fanatic said:
Feels like a lot less than 46%. Both my neighbors (left & right) are asian. My neighbor directly across the street from me is asian. I think all Koreans. Only white person is the neighbor behind me.

It probably depends on where you live...new communities will have more Asians/Indians because they're the ones moving in.  Woodbridge is a pretty "white" neighborhood.

Irvine Fanatic said:

Maybe they are not in the new communities area or other part.

#otherpartoftown

Back