Ellwood by Richmond American at Beacon Park

Irvinecommuter said:
So basically...not enough white people.  Of course, Irvine is still 45.7% white.

No, I didn't mean Whites.  I meant American citizens and/or assimilated immigrants who work hard, pay enormous taxes, and try to make a living...  I wouldn't want to be in a neighborhood with 99% White people either.  That's where most of cross burning and mob lynching happened.

45.7% whites may be living in Quail Hills, Turtle Rocks, Hidden Canyons, and gated communities of Shady Canyon where the home prices are as high as Newport Beach???  ;)  Yes there are more whites in Woodbridge then in College Park, West Park, or Northpark, I guess... but the condo next to man made lakes are WTF prices also...

SoCal said:
AW said:
I know you've mentioned that it was designed height specific for Asian buyers and whatnot and so the tri level is on par with other 2 story plans.  But it was probably the first thing I've noticed and people over 6ft tall have mentioned to me, ceilings were too low, felt like going to the shire and visiting hobbits.  On the other hand, can be construed as "cozy" feel.

Are you serious? It reads like you are, indeed, serious but just want to confirm. It's the first time I've heard of this. What, exactly, is lower... just the ceiling height or everything in the home? For example, is each stair step shorter? Are counters lower? Does anyone have photos of this? I find this fascinating.
To put it into context, I went during the first couple hours when it first opened, but I toured Welton right before, Welton felt a little more airy and no one was there.  Went to Ellwood next and it was jammed packed with people ready to buy right then and there, by the time I got there, a couple of phase one were sold, by the time I left, more were sold.  So when I toured, it was like going to Disneyland on peak season so that didn't help my first impression.

I think Welton was 9/10 ft with some areas having open space whereas Ellwood is 9/9 ft with no areas open to above.

pricedoutJay said:
Irvinecommuter said:
So basically...not enough white people.  Of course, Irvine is still 45.7% white.

No, I didn't mean Whites.  I meant American citizens and/or assimilated immigrants who work hard, pay enormous taxes, and try to make a living...  I wouldn't want to be in a neighborhood with 99% White people either.  That's where most of cross burning and mob lynching happened.

45.7% whites may be living in Quail Hills, Turtle Rocks, Hidden Canyons, and gated communities of Shady Canyon where the home prices are as high as Newport Beach???  ;)  Yes there are more whites in Woodbridge then in College Park, West Park, or Northpark, I guess... but the condo next to man made lakes are WTF prices also...

I get what you mean.  Of the newer Irvine neighborhoods, Portola Springs is probably the most "diverse".

pricedoutJay said:
Irvinecommuter said:

There are more foreign buyers but overall most of them become "Americanized" pretty quickly.  Many of them have kids and the kids go to the local schools and they participate in the PTA, help with fundraisers, have BBQs, and play on the playground.  I am the child of an immigrant...my parents are not Americanized but I certain am.

I don't quite get how you determine whether someone does or does not work "hard".

Are there specific things that you don't care for?

Irvinecommuter said:
pricedoutJay said:
Irvinecommuter said:

There are more foreign buyers but overall most of them become "Americanized" pretty quickly.  Many of them have kids and the kids go to the local schools, participate in the PTA, help with fundraisers, have BBQs, and play on the playground.  I am the child of an immigrant...my parents are not Americanized but I certain am.

I don't quite get how you determine whether someone does or does not work "hard".

Great post. I agree.
Also, who cares if they are not Americanized. If they follow the laws, and pay their taxes then it's all good.

#AmericanDream

Great observation AW!

I don't believe in bulking up the homes when we don't need to. Irvine density is a product of pricing. The bigger and taller the homes the neighborhood will feel crowded. When the roof deck idea was born I knew the home will be excessively tall. The stairwell was pushed internally into the floor plan away from the visible outside walls.

To compensate for the appearance of the excessively tall 3 story massing stairs were stacked closely as I recalled some of you worded as "cozy". The adjacent homes were designed as a single story with the entire second floor hidden in the attic. There I was also being very careful not to create unnecessary ceiling heights.

Reducing bulking here and there is just a responsible way as not to "Mcmansionize" a neighborhood. 

AW said:
SoCal said:
AW said:
I know you've mentioned that it was designed height specific for Asian buyers and whatnot and so the tri level is on par with other 2 story plans.  But it was probably the first thing I've noticed and people over 6ft tall have mentioned to me, ceilings were too low, felt like going to the shire and visiting hobbits.  On the other hand, can be construed as "cozy" feel.

Are you serious? It reads like you are, indeed, serious but just want to confirm. It's the first time I've heard of this. What, exactly, is lower... just the ceiling height or everything in the home? For example, is each stair step shorter? Are counters lower? Does anyone have photos of this? I find this fascinating.
To put it into context, I went during the first couple hours when it first opened, but I toured Welton right before, Welton felt a little more airy and no one was there.  Went to Ellwood next and it was jammed packed with people ready to buy right then and there, by the time I got there, a couple of phase one were sold, by the time I left, more were sold.  So when I toured, it was like going to Disneyland on peak season so that didn't help my first impression.

I think Welton was 9/10 ft with some areas having open space whereas Ellwood is 9/9 ft with no areas open to above.

irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Woodbridge is a pretty "white" neighborhood.
That's why I liked it there... I love white people!!!

Why are there so many Mormons there?

Go hang out at the new Miguels Jr.. I never knew White folks love Miguels. It felt like I was eating in South County.

iacrenter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:

Go hang out at the new Miguels Jr.. I never knew White folks love Miguels. It felt like I was eating in South County.

They think it's authentic :)

iacrenter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:

So true.

I guess that's why I like eating there... I feel at home.

irvinehomeowner said:
iacrenter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:

So true.

I thought you like to eat at Jollibee on Barranca.

iacrenter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:

I have the same feeling about Javier's. You won't find me there.

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
iacrenter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:

So true.

Nope. And good try... your buddy Tyler Durden would be proud.

qwerty said:
iacrenter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:

They should be eating real Mexican food with you at Taco Bell  ;)

iacrenter said:
qwerty said:
iacrenter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:

They should be eating real Mexican food with you at Taco Bell  ;)

Good catch

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
iacrenter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:

So true.

Nope. And good try... your buddy Tyler Durden would be proud.

I'm just joking around. I apologize if you took any offense.

I think Ellwood is all sold out in just one season. Thank you for making this the fastest selling project in America! See you next summer as I will unveil my next "smart density" creation to push prices down into the $400,000. I am passionate about affordability and efficient design. All my homes will sit on their own land and never on top or under the neighbors. I see this as an excellent second home investment opportunity while you can still live far away from the cemetery that will never be built.

Back