Election Predictions - Federal Government

What do you expect to see happen

• Democrat clean sweep - White House, Senate, House of Representatives

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Republican clean sweep - White House, Senate, House of Representatives

• Mixed Government - Democrat White House and Senate, Republican House of Representatives

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mixed Government - Democrat White House and House of Representatives, Republican Senate

• Mixed Government - Republican White House and Senate, Democrat House of Representatives

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mixed Government - Republican White House and House of Representatives, Democrat Senate

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Mixed Government - Democrat White House, Republican Senate and House of Representatives

• Mixed Government - Republican White House, Democrat Senate and House of Representatives

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for mixed government with the Democrats holding the Senate and the Republicans taking the White House and Congress.  What I would love to see is a clean Republican sweep with a filibuster proof majority in the Senate.  But that isn't going to happen.

Repubs will hold the House and the only thing I really wanted was to retake the Senate but....I am starting to think we  may retake the White House too....an unexpected suprise.

morekaos said:
Repubs will hold the House and the only thing I really wanted was to retake the Senate but....I am starting to think we  may retake the White House too....an unexpected suprise.

I would love to be wrong and see the Republicans take the Senate, but looking at the latest election map from RealClearPolitics.com, it doesn't look very hopeful.  We would pretty much need to run all of the toss up states
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/senate/2012_elections_senate_map.html

That having been said, I have been reading a lot of details in various battleground state polls, and I have reason to be optimistic.  From my take on things, if we take Ohio, then we get the presidency.  And Ohio is looking very good if you look beyond the headline numbers in polls.  (iow, you see polls with Obama up about 2 points (2.3 for the current RCP average), but if you look at the makeup of the people polled, they average a +9 point Democrat advantage.  Considering that in 2008, Democrats had a +5 advantage, and in 2010 Republicans had a +1 advantage in Ohio, I think that polls by liberal organizations are more interested in propaganda and demoralizing the opposition than they are in making inferences about voter behavior)

A new low in campaign ads has been reached.
http://nation.foxnews.com/pro-obama...ging-about-america-where-sick-people-just-die

A group of children singing the following song:

Imagine an America
Where strip mines are fun and free
Where gays can be fixed
And sick people just die
And oil fills the sea

We don't have to pay for freeways!
Our schools are good enough
Give us endless wars
On foreign shores
And lots of Chinese stuff

We're the children of the future
American through and through
But something happened to our country
And we're kinda blaming you

We haven't killed all the polar bears
But it's not for lack of trying
Big Bird is sacked
The Earth is cracked
And the atmosphere is frying

Congress went home early
They did their best we know
You can't cut spending
With elections pending
Unless it's welfare dough

And we're kinda blaming you

Find a park that is still open
And take a breath of poison air
They foreclosed your place
To build a weapon in space
But you can write off your au pair

It's a little awkward to tell you
But you left us holding the bag
When we look around
The place is all dumbed down
And the long term's kind of a drag

And yeah, we're blaming you

You did your best
You failed the test

Mom and Dad
We're blaming you!

The Motor Court Company said:
Welcome to Welfare America - self-sustaining death spiral to financial ruin

Just a little down today aren't we?  Seriously, check out the economic record of the past Democratic presidents.  Economy is move upward slowly but surely.  People are getting jobs, housing prices are going up, car industries saved, green jobs coming online, hopefully more infrastructure/education spending to revitalize this country.

Oh, BTW how is the draconian cut-only austerity measures imposed by the EU working out?  It?s almost as if cutting spending by itself hurts economies and prevents recovery. Weird...clearly no one saw that coming.  Not early 1930s and 1980s US or Japan of the last twenty years.

winex said:
morekaos said:

I would love to be wrong and see the Republicans take the Senate, but looking at the latest election map from RealClearPolitics.com, it doesn't look very hopeful.  We would pretty much need to run all of the toss up states
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/senate/2012_elections_senate_map.html

That having been said, I have been reading a lot of details in various battleground state polls, and I have reason to be optimistic.  From my take on things, if we take Ohio, then we get the presidency.  And Ohio is looking very good if you look beyond the headline numbers in polls.  (iow, you see polls with Obama up about 2 points (2.3 for the current RCP average), but if you look at the makeup of the people polled, they average a +9 point Democrat advantage.  Considering that in 2008, Democrats had a +5 advantage, and in 2010 Republicans had a +1 advantage in Ohio, I think that polls by liberal organizations are more interested in propaganda and demoralizing the opposition than they are in making inferences about voter behavior)

Boy was I wrong.  Oh well, my heart was in the right place.  Excuse me while I bury my diamonds in the back yard.

Things go the way they go regardless... I worry more about the House and the Senate than the POTUS.

While TMCC may be exaggerating... I am concerned about the "welfare state" stuff going on... esp Obamacare. While saving domestic auto makers is great (and I believe repaid)... there are ton of things that worry me about the economy... and the financial hit Sandy is going to have... where is that money going to come from?

So... 4 more years indeed... but of what?

bones said:
Can't believe Proposition 30 passed.  What a BS prop.
Totally agree.

This is one of those things I hate... raising taxes under the guise of "education". Let the citizens and private companies handle the education shortfalls... local communities should take care of it.

irvinehomeowner said:
bones said:
Totally agree.

This is one of those things I hate... raising taxes under the guise of "education". Let the citizens and private companies handle the education shortfalls... local communities should take care of it.

Great...all those kids in the projects will just have to collect bullets and guns to fund their schools.

bones said:

Markets aren't responding well to the Obama victory.

I guess the markets hated Obama for the last four years when it went up an average of 8.8% a year. 

In 2008, election day was November 4, 2008. The following day, November 5th, the Dow fell 486 points, followed by another 444 point drop on the 6th.  The market eventually bottomed in March of 2009 around 6600...then doubled.  Economies don't cycle BECAUSE of presidents, They cycle DESPITE Presidents.

Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
bones said:
Totally agree.

Great...all those kids in the projects will just have to collect bullets and guns to fund their schools.
I understand the sentiment... but that goes back to becoming a "welfare state".

I grew up near the projects but my parents worked hard so we didn't have to stay there... and both without a college education... so people just have to WANT to help themselves.

Back