Economic Slowdown?

So what are your selective picks for the last two days?

What your positions? When you got mass rushed jumping off you diving in? Where do you think it going in the short term?
I am not even looking at long.

You trying to pull something that the experts are saying otherwise. Ignorant can be bliss.

This is why people hire professionals, you gotta pay the piper for the good stuff. Let?s just say, when there?s blood in the water, opportunities to feed present themselves...I smell blood.

Remember this when Greece was tanking the markets?... Dow 17986...

morekaos said:
Stock up on Ouzo...other than that this will be a non-event

There was blood in the water then too.

Imagine the relief spending once this blows over.  I hope when the warmer weather comes, we will see cases come down.
When stocks are going down and so is GOLD, where is the money going? 1.75% savings account??

bit coin is also down.

zubs said:
Imagine the relief spending once this blows over.  I hope when the warmer weather comes, we will see cases come down.
When stocks are going down and so is GOLD, where is the money going? 1.75% savings account??

bit coin is also down.

Correct, even GOLD went down with a 5%+ dropped.

Nothing got spare from this new fear. Except housing yet to suffer. So if this fear prolong and consumption and productivity lower, what would it do to employments? Less demands = less jobs = less paychecks could push housing into recession. There a lot at play that yet to be known.

So yeah saving cash is first and foremost.

Who's gonna buy this dip and hold it over the weekend????
Buy 30 min before closing.
Sell @ the pop on MONDAY.

Wow, these are some rip your face off moves.  Thankfully I'm still up this year but I could have been up big if not for some of these violent moves from one day to the next.  I've shifted more from selling VIX/VXX calls and puts to selling individual stock puts like against EXPE, SIX, PLAY, DIS, W, etc.

With airlines getting hammer and reducing flights even domestic travel, I would think that grounds transportation and RV sales would fill in and do better.

You can only stay hunker down for so long before you get cabin fevers and as more family travel with avoidance of airlines, either big bus or big RV would be the prefer choice

An RV is not really a comparable substitute for air travel.  They meet different needs.  They are a PITA to live with.  They are expensive.  They depreciate rapidly.  They're harder to drive than a car.  They cost a lot to operate.  They need a lot of upkeep.  They need a place to be parked.  A hotel stock would be a better investment than an RV.  I like having a travel trailer, but I don't use it to go anywhere; I only take it to nowhere.

Buy an RV is not for investment. It meant for comforts of travel, long road trips with big family.

Hospitalities, hotels and cruise sectors especially gets hit hard now.

So maybe wait a little more longer.

Traders paradise...tough for investors but they will be just fine.  Oil is a fight between the Saudis and Russia/Iran.  Gonna be a lot cheaper gassing up my truck for a bit.  Blood in the streets boys...lap some of it up. >:D

But if you are an investor take heart in a Warren Buffet observation and truism...those of us who have been doing this for decades (35 years), have seen worse and benefited more.

Buffett: Well, my reaction is that I like to buy stocks, so I don?t wish ill on anybody else. But if they want to sell them to me cheaper, I prefer it. So that?s you know, roughly a 3% decline or thereabouts. I don?t know how many 3% declines I?ve had in my lifetime but there have been a lot of them. And I can?t think of one that you shouldn?t have bought on. But if there?s something ? if you like to own American businesses, you?re getting a chance to buy it 3% cheaper. I don?t consider that a lot cheaper. I mean, but how can it be bad news unless you have to sell stocks? Now if you have to sell them for some reason, you?re worse off. If you don?t have to sell them, I mean, somebody can come around and offer you a quote on your house today. And it could be 2% less than they offered you yesterday. But if you like the house it really doesn?t make any difference to you.

It's true I have lived through worse market performance (peak to trough).  But I have never seen my portfolio down 5% in 1 day, even when I used to play with more leverage. This is going to leave a mark, as I don't think we're even near there yet.  Wake me up when the market is down 40% from peak. 

Back