Eastwood Village (Planning Area 5B) coming 2017

irvineorbust said:
lnc said:
frank303 said:
Inc, I appreciate your advice so much.
I think I will contact with OnQ as soon as possible.
One more question I have, I did register on TNHC website for Cressa in Portola Springs. They already began their mortgage process, I did as their instruction for Pre-approval. (BTW, they use Wells Fargo as lender.)  Officially speaking, I have been added in the priority list after I got pre-approved by WF.  So...question is... Am I still able to bring my agent to their office on their grand opening date?  I want to make sure whether I could still get some referral money back.

Thanks so much.

Yes you can!  As long as you bring your agent with you on the very first, in person visit. 

You can register on builder's web site, spoke to them on the phone, file application and got pre-qualified,  but don't step into the model home or the builder's office without your agent.

Inc,

I got pre-approved for a Portola Spring III and the internet agent told me I can't bring my agent for rebate since I'm on their priority list.  Now you are saying I can on my first physical visit to model home?

Yes.  Your agent has to fill out a form when you get there.  Or just look for USC Trojan lurking around the sales office on opening day.  He's the one with the nice Porsche parked out front.

irvineorbust said:
lnc said:
frank303 said:
Inc, I appreciate your advice so much.
I think I will contact with OnQ as soon as possible.
One more question I have, I did register on TNHC website for Cressa in Portola Springs. They already began their mortgage process, I did as their instruction for Pre-approval. (BTW, they use Wells Fargo as lender.)  Officially speaking, I have been added in the priority list after I got pre-approved by WF.  So...question is... Am I still able to bring my agent to their office on their grand opening date?  I want to make sure whether I could still get some referral money back.

Thanks so much.

Yes you can!  As long as you bring your agent with you on the very first, in person visit. 

You can register on builder's web site, spoke to them on the phone, file application and got pre-qualified,  but don't step into the model home or the builder's office without your agent.

Inc,

I got pre-approved for a Portola Spring III and the internet agent told me I can't bring my agent for rebate since I'm on their priority list.  Now you are saying I can on my first physical visit to model home?

That is correct, you can still bring your agent and your agent will receive a commission but whether or not he/she will split it with you, that's another matter. :)

Actually in your case, you should keep 100% of that rebate. Doesn't looks like your internet agent is well informed.

More info here:http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,2690.0.html

If we look at today's picture, how well will Eastwood sell given the current state of the economy? China, dropping US stock market, healthy supply of new home construction. You think the builder is feeling any reservation at this point?

ACF,

I doubt it.  I'm surprised Piedmont and Belvedere are starting at low million.  Even Marin, which is similar size in Terreza but not as good is starting high $800k.  Terreza plan 1 is mid $800k. 

I have feeling that because of low interest rate, they'll play like this is the best time to buy before all hell break loose.  The builders probably made tons of cash in the last 2 to 3 years and will try to sustain high price level as long as they can...  (I'm not expert in this and purely guessing)

Lennar is advertising $5000 upgrade addition if you buy their homes in Beacon Park.. Nearly $900k homes with $5000 upgrade free!!!!  not even 1% bonus...

I'm waiting to see what will happen this spring but I'm afraid it could be worst case for buyers on the fence like me...  Price not dropping, economy getting worse, inventory getting lower and lenders requiring more and more...

Look, for home under $1 million, there is still have good demand right now. 

The higher end home are the one that will be more affected by FCB (donw turn in China and unable to take money out) and stock market (rich, older buyers more likely to have more money in the stock than young first time buyers).  If things get worst, the higher end home sales will drop significantly (probably already happen in Irvine) compares to entry level homes.

All I'm saying is that home under 1 million is a very safe bet and if buyer find one with great floor plan and fit their need, just go for it.  One of these new home in Eastwood or PS3 might just be the next Ellwood.

Finally saw Terrazza this past weekend. The price sheet had two Plan 1s (including upgrades) for about $954k and $980k. The Plan 2s and 2Xs were $1.02M to $1.08M (also including upgrades). Didn't get a chance to ask specifically the type of upgrades or the base price of each plan.

If Piedmont is comparable to Terrazza (floor plans and price), at least you might get a driveway at Piedmont to justify the similar price (swap hill premium for driveway premium).

Yup exactly. I wasn't expecting piedmonts or mr. belvederes to come in at the low 1 millions to start, no upgrades. I'm not going to jump the gun on one of these anymore. Let's see how they do. I'll be there to check things out when the models are released.

Don't know why IP's web site list Piedmont starting at low 1M but I think Piedmont should starts at low $900s or high $800s.  I guess we just have to wait for the grand opening to find out.

That's what im saying. I expected low 900's, high 800's, but low 1 millions for a plan 1? I'd rather sit tight and see how the chips fall.

acf said:
That's what im saying. I expected low 900's, high 800's, but low 1 millions for a plan 1? I'd rather sit tight and see how the chips fall.

1. Terranza is Beckman while Piedmont is NWH
2.  Terranza plan 1 is 19XX sqt while Piedmont is 21XX
3.  Terranza is detach condo while Piedmont is SFH.
    Even we give some Terranza home driveways, it's still in
    Detached condo tract, pravicy and du/acre is not as good as SFH tract.

Combined all list above, I think currently fair open price for Piedmont plan 1 should be around high 900K.

good points, however should we add:

1. perceived location: orchard hills > Eastwood
2. timing wise: orchard hills prices reflect near highs, the economy has depressed since then and Eastwood prices should reflect this.
3. what about lot sizes?
4: orchard hill amenities are better than
5: high 900s is not low 1 millions. :)

So I was digging around and found all the renderings and floor plans for the next phase of Eastwood. There will be 4 tracts: Marin extension, Petaluma extension, Triplexes, and one that's sort of like Belvedere (except 3k sq feet) and includes the single story floor plan. For some reason, I couldn't find the elevation for the Petaluma extension. I'll possibly upload the floor plans another day when I have more time.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-16 at 11.01.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-16 at 11.01.56 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 734
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-16 at 11.02.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-16 at 11.02.20 PM.png
    994.1 KB · Views: 536
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-16 at 11.02.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-16 at 11.02.37 PM.png
    941.7 KB · Views: 544
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-16 at 11.04.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-16 at 11.04.08 PM.png
    835.3 KB · Views: 540
irviniteeee said:
aquabliss said:
I bet the single story is the 1,900 sq ft one.  TIC would never give a 2,900 sq footer.

Yeah, it's the same floor plan from Belvedere.

Test post the floor plan here:http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,13951.msg280318.html#msg280318

This is probably the largest s.f. home IP ever build.  It's lager than San Marino in WB and Toscana in LA.

Interestingly is that the plan 4 is exactly the same as Belvedere plan 4.

Edit:  Now we know that track #17855 at EW Lot 5 is call Calistoga by Willian Lyons. http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,14234.msg285997.html#msg285997

Here's summery of Eastwood Village future constructions.

In Lot 9:
-Marin extension, 89 units.
-Petaluma extension, 93 units.
-Delano, a triplex attached condo, 1498-1880 s.f. 69 units.

In Lot 8:
-Marin extension, 78 units.
-Petaluma extension, 64 units.
-Delano, a triplex attached condo, 1498-1880 s.f. 60 units.

In Lot 7:
There are 4 SFR products.  One is Belvedere extension Avila (111 units), one is Piedmont extension (50 units), one is Morro by The New Home Co (81 units) and Beverly by Brookfield (80 units).
Belevedere extension is going to located at corner of Jeffrey and Portola Parkway.
Piedmont extension gong to be south of Belevedere, corner of Jeffrey and Alpine.  This is the second Piedmont extension, the first one is at north of the Eastwood Neighborhood Park.

Attachments

• EW map update 2.jpg
    EW map update 2.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 2,281
Back