Eastwood is way over priced

Yeah, it's next to mobile home estates, luxury storage facilities and premium landfill entrance. 

Did negative interest rates take effect?
People taking money out of savings..
And banks lending favorably to borrowers..

The mobile home park on Irvine Blvd. is a very nice community.  It is the nicest mobile home park I have seen and I've seen several along the coast from San Clemente to Huntington Beach.  It obviously has had no impact whatsoever on prices in NWII, Woodbury, and Northwood.  Also, the prices there are not cheap.  $400,000 for a trailer parking spot is above the means of low class people.  Plus its a senior community so it is unlikely your grandparents will be cooking up any meth there.  Don't confuse this with a trailer park in the 909/951.
http://www.grovesinirvine.com/

Happiness said:
The mobile home park on Irvine Blvd. is a very nice community.  It is the nicest mobile home park I have seen and I've seen several along the coast from San Clemente to Huntington Beach.  It obviously has had no impact whatsoever on prices in NWII, Woodbury, and Northwood.  Also, the prices there are not cheap.  $400,000 for a trailer parking spot is above the means of low class people.  Plus its a senior community so it is unlikely your grandparents will be cooking up any meth there.  Don't confuse this with a trailer park in the 909/951.

Above link shows a few homes for sale.

"Community amenities include but not limited to: pool, spa, sauna, exercise room, game room with pool tables and shuffleboard table, tennis, lawn bowling, putting green, multipurpose rooms, banquet facilities, beauty salon, and activities coordinator."

HOA is $185/mo

Don't underestimate the TIC marketing machine.  They were able to capitalize on the FCB buyers with CV, with names like Jade and Jasmine.  Now they're targeting all the new Bay Area millionaires that want to move back to So Cal after cashing-out up north.  That's why Eastwood is named after all those Bay Area cities like Piedmont, Belvedere, Petaluma, and Marin. 

8)

ChasingRainbows said:
Happiness said:

"Community amenities include but not limited to: pool, spa, sauna, exercise room, game room with pool tables and shuffleboard table, tennis, lawn bowling, putting green, multipurpose rooms, banquet facilities, beauty salon, and activities coordinator."

HOA is $185/mo

While it may be a "very nice mobile home community", it is still a mobile home community.  Call me a snob, but I don't want to pay $1M+ to live across a trailer park.

A S said:
ChasingRainbows said:
Happiness said:

HOA is $185/mo

While it may be a "very nice mobile home community", it is still a mobile home community.  Call me a snob, but I don't want to pay $1M+ to live across a trailer park.

Don't have any vested interest as I drive by it every day.. but they do a pretty good job of not making it look slummy or anything.  If I moved there.. it wouldn't bother me one bit.. just bunch of old folks. 

paydawg said:
Don't underestimate the TIC marketing machine.  They were able to capitalize on the FCB buyers with CV, with names like Jade and Jasmine.  Now they're targeting all the new Bay Area millionaires that want to move back to So Cal after cashing-out up north.  That's why Eastwood is named after all those Bay Area cities like Piedmont, Belvedere, Petaluma, and Marin. 

8)

hmm..never thought of it that way.

I would imagine at least, that TIC would pay smart ppl to do market research, hedge their bets and then pull the trigger on new community and price point. After all, TIC has proven itself to be one step ahead all these years.

i still don't see how many SF people would cash out and then just buy here, purely investors?  it's not like hey, we got tons of jobs opening up around here, in fact, there's a whole bunch of reorgs already, and more on the way...

A S said:
ChasingRainbows said:
Happiness said:

HOA is $185/mo

American seniors are much nicer to live next to than mainland China people or their tenants, who are the main market for $1M+ homes.  Just ask IHS.

acf said:
Who's going to the Eastwood grand opening today! I'll be there at 2pm :)

Took a long time to park but the lines for food weren't too bad.  Rosemary flavored pretzels with fake cheese sauce, maple bacon-blueberry doughnut holes, mini corndogs, and a variety of flavored lemonades.  Balloons and kites for the kids.  Definitely a value-village feel compared to the OH grand opening, but obviously at OH prices.  The only thing that was premium was the gift bag.

Finished touring Eastwood. Got a value village feel compared to Orchard Hills. Models were packed with Asians. You had a few white folks that looked out of place. Saw a few truly interested FCB in each tract, asking how they can buy now. The models were typical IP layout and feel, small...I mean cozy. Food was eh....

Think this was a first visit to Irvine for the band. You can see how surprised they were looking out and seeing a sea of Asians, lol. When they spotted a white female they yelled out, "American girl!"

Typical.  Some of them sold out first phases already.
So the Piedmont and belvedere will open sometime in March according to the guys in the tent

Spent 3 hours there today.  Mostly for the food and free water.  Long line for pretzels (dry&plain, dryw/cinnamon, dryw/rosemary, and dry&salted).  Not that long for mini chicken corndogs (4).  Must had ate 20 of those minidogs.

Quick line for limeade, lemonade, and strawberry lemonade.
Quick line for 4 mini donut holes (lemon, bacon, chocolate, glazed).  Two bags per trip.  Then changed to 1 bag per person.  Live music, mostly country?  Then when I was leaving at 3pm, they sung Jason Derulo's Want to Want me.
No line for free water. 

Back