Dow?

I understand.

My reasons for postings is to share what I think is right for me. I find it useless for someone to go out of their way to either intimidate someone or talk down on someone.

In reality, what can they really do, other than piss you off, if you let that get to you.

Life too short. There are tons of useful info on this board that I profited from. Focus on those and you will be fine of letting it go.

I love it...we haven't had a significant blow off in almost two years since the lows of 3/20.  We need this and its healthy but the DB media is going to have a panic party...enjoy...we need to shake out all the weak hands and this makes for a wonderful trading market...was in and out of BA yesterday...easy pickn's.

eyephone said:
Compressed-Village said:
sleepy5136 said:
eyephone said:
Tomorrow might be green to fake out and turn red after that.
(idk)
time in market > timing the market. all day, any day. people are so fixated in timing bottoms. who knows what will happen tomorrow or the day after or YE. buy in increments when there is fear and you will be glad. Look at May 2021 and March 2020.

Anyone buying? Is the fears here yet?

Good thing I did not buy when people were telling me to buy. Meanwhile I am making money with my alternative investment. (It has risk as it is not backed by the fdic or any other institution)

*** Also, I am not paranoid when someone tried to get my identity. How would you like when someone tried to get your identity? Then that person comes back with a fake financial #. I will continue to post this until you acknowledge this since you think I am paranoid. (Comment made in another thread)
No one told you to buy. The discussion was about timing the market which you were doing. No one loses money unless you sell.

Also, hindsight is always 20/20.

Compressed-Village said:
sleepy5136 said:
eyephone said:
(idk)
time in market > timing the market. all day, any day. people are so fixated in timing bottoms. who knows what will happen tomorrow or the day after or YE. buy in increments when there is fear and you will be glad. Look at May 2021 and March 2020.

Buying and holding :)

sleepy5136 said:
eyephone said:
Compressed-Village said:
sleepy5136 said:
eyephone said:
(idk)

Good thing I did not buy when people were telling me to buy. Meanwhile I am making money with my alternative investment. (It has risk as it is not backed by the fdic or any other institution)

*** Also, I am not paranoid when someone tried to get my identity. How would you like when someone tried to get your identity? Then that person comes back with a fake financial #. I will continue to post this until you acknowledge this since you think I am paranoid. (Comment made in another thread)
No one told you to buy. The discussion was about timing the market which you were doing. No one loses money unless you sell.

Also, hindsight is always 20/20.

It is not just me. Some people are buying because of the stock/market drop. Sounds like timing to me.

In general I do not see a positive outlook. So I will not buy. I dont care if kathy is buying tech or if jim is recommending something.

I rather put money to work off the stock market right now. Which I previously mentioned.

sleepy5136 said:
morekaos said:
The level of media induced speculation going on has to shake out....think there is downside risk here that the public does not sense but pro's see it clearly.  Have a buddy who is an everyday guy (a boat mechanic) who has been trading micro-cap chat room stocks and jumped up $100,000 yesterday.  He was panicked and did not know what to do (pump and dump). I made him sell every share and it collapsed.  That type of spec is going on all over the place, this never ends well.

Robinhood sued by family of 20-year-old trader who killed himself after believing he racked up huge losses

Robinhood was sued Monday for wrongful death by the family of Alex Kearns, a 20-year-old customer who took his life last summer.
Kearns committed suicide in June after thinking he had a negative $730,165 cash balance on Robinhood.
Robinhood's "reckless conduct directly and proximately caused the death of one of its victims," the complaint said.
The suit says that Kearns made three attempts to contact Robinhood customer service regarding the massive underwater balance. However, his messages were met with automated replies, according to the complaint.
[url]https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/robinhood-sued-by-family-of-20-year-old-trader-who-killed-himself-after-believing-he-racked-up-huge-losses/ar-BB1dvE2m?ocid=uxbndlbing[/url]
I wouldn?t let the 10-13 stocks like GME/AMC to say the market is high. In the end, interest rates at 0% and earnings being surpassed will justify the higher valuations. The tech names are nowhere near dot com levels as well.

Well at least they can laugh.... ;D ;D >:D

'I'm down so much money. I'm just gonna get high': Reddit traders lament losses as meme stocks like GameStop are decimated and Bitcoin enters a 'crypto winter' in brutal sell-off
Traders in Reddit's WallStreetBets forum are enduring a winter of despair
Meme stocks like GameStop have plunged amid recent market volatility
Bear sentiment has gripped the trading forum as users tally their losses
Meanwhile crypto traders have watched in horror as Bitcoin halved from its peak
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...sses-meme-stocks-like-GameStop-decimated.html

morekaos said:
sleepy5136 said:
morekaos said:
The level of media induced speculation going on has to shake out....think there is downside risk here that the public does not sense but pro's see it clearly.  Have a buddy who is an everyday guy (a boat mechanic) who has been trading micro-cap chat room stocks and jumped up $100,000 yesterday.  He was panicked and did not know what to do (pump and dump). I made him sell every share and it collapsed.  That type of spec is going on all over the place, this never ends well.

Robinhood sued by family of 20-year-old trader who killed himself after believing he racked up huge losses

Robinhood was sued Monday for wrongful death by the family of Alex Kearns, a 20-year-old customer who took his life last summer.
Kearns committed suicide in June after thinking he had a negative $730,165 cash balance on Robinhood.
Robinhood's "reckless conduct directly and proximately caused the death of one of its victims," the complaint said.
The suit says that Kearns made three attempts to contact Robinhood customer service regarding the massive underwater balance. However, his messages were met with automated replies, according to the complaint.
[url]https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/robinhood-sued-by-family-of-20-year-old-trader-who-killed-himself-after-believing-he-racked-up-huge-losses/ar-BB1dvE2m?ocid=uxbndlbing[/url]
I wouldn?t let the 10-13 stocks like GME/AMC to say the market is high. In the end, interest rates at 0% and earnings being surpassed will justify the higher valuations. The tech names are nowhere near dot com levels as well.

Well at least they can laugh.... ;D ;D >:D

'I'm down so much money. I'm just gonna get high': Reddit traders lament losses as meme stocks like GameStop are decimated and Bitcoin enters a 'crypto winter' in brutal sell-off
Traders in Reddit's WallStreetBets forum are enduring a winter of despair
Meme stocks like GameStop have plunged amid recent market volatility
Bear sentiment has gripped the trading forum as users tally their losses
Meanwhile crypto traders have watched in horror as Bitcoin halved from its peak
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...sses-meme-stocks-like-GameStop-decimated.html

Total morons.  They should have taken that money and donated it to charity instead of lighting it on fire by buying garbage stocks because they want to "put it" to the man.  haha

Few of you remember this but in the 90's every word out of Alan Greenspan's mouth would move the markets.  They used to look at the thickness of his briefcase to try and ascertain interest rate moves...we are back to those days.  Cycles gonna cycle.

Because he doesn?t want to freak the markets out. Markets are already volatile as it is. As stupid as that may sound, it really is the main reason why rates weren?t raised today. He did say they will most likely raise rates in March though.

sleepy5136 said:
Because he doesn?t want to freak the markets out. Markets are already volatile as it is. As stupid as that may sound, it really is the main reason why rates weren?t raised today. He did say they will most likely raise rates in March though.

Disagreed. Market is already in panic mode because no one knows what he is going to do. I think the market wants to get over the rate hike ASAP. The sooner inflation is being controlled, the less we need to talk about raising rates every month.

Back