Dow?

morekaos said:
This is bumping its feet right on support, Should hold so I don't think that 23500 will be seen in this move on a closing basis.

Even I am wary of a Smoot-Hawley type of tariffs, but I kinda like the chaos this brings...as I said, clears the decks of the weaker hands. Buy the dip, 23,500 should hold on a closing basis. if it does, that's a double bottom and its off to the races.

Stunning February Jobs Report Growth of 313,000 Crushes Expectations?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics the U.S. MAGAnomic economy added 313,000 jobs in February, crushing expectations.  In addition to the stunning job growth in February, previous months? counts were revised much higher: December was revised upward from 160,000 to 175,000 (+9.38%); January saw a massive boost from 200,000 to 239,000 (+19.5%).  The three-month average is now 242,000.

Economists surveyed by Reuters had previously predicted payroll growth of 200,000.  The result of 313,000 stunned prior economic pontificators, and is 56% higher than expected.
https://theconservativetreehouse.co...h-of-313000-crushes-expectations/#more-146707

february-jobs-report-2.jpg

morekaos said:
morekaos said:
I hate markets like this.  Very hard to make money. But the Apple announcement is extremely bullish for the year.

...But I LOVE markets like this!!!

Dow 25,039. My kinda market, nice trading range after a good 10% pullback from the highs.  Orderly sideways basing pattern, narrowing to form a pennant.  Breakout is eminent, but to which side?  My money is on a break to the upside.  Get on the Train, higher highs will be made before the end of the year.

morekaos said:
morekaos said:
morekaos said:
I hate markets like this.  Very hard to make money. But the Apple announcement is extremely bullish for the year.

...But I LOVE markets like this!!!

Dow 25,039. My kinda market, nice trading range after a good 10% pullback from the highs.  Orderly sideways basing pattern, narrowing to form a pennant.  Breakout is eminent, but to which side?  My money is on a break to the upside.  Get on the Train, higher highs will be made before the end of the year.

Calling 27,000 EoY

OH Puleeeeze! The Dow is down 3% year to date.  This is a big boy game. If you don't have the pants to play, you shouldn't try and wear them.

morekaos said:
OH Puleeeeze! The Dow is down 3% year to date.  This is a big boy game. If you don't have the pants to play, you shouldn't try and wear them.

I sold in early January...I guess you thought we were going higher in the new paradigm, but I'm sure deep down inside you knew it was too good to be true. Too many issues surrounding stocks for it to go higher...Libor blowing out, rising rates, facebook stock headed into the toilet.

morekaos said:
How much money do you run total? Can you post your verified returns?

One thing I learned after making many beginners' mistakes was -- it is not about P/E ratios or any other such nonsense - that is just what Wall Street types use to justify the volumes of junk research they  generate to keep getting paid. 

It is about liquidity in the market and global capital flows. This is why the Fed is doing matters (LIBOR rising) .  This is why the tax cuts matter.  This is why US dollar weakness or strength matters. 

Rising liquidity = rising stock market regardless of what b/s you hear about valuation or P/E ratios.

Trump's stupid trade and tariff war has just thrown a big wrench in this liquidity pipeline

fortune11 said:
One thing I learned after making many beginners' mistakes was -- it is not about P/E ratios or any other such nonsense - that is just what Wall Street types use to justify the volumes of junk research they  generate to keep getting paid. 

It is about liquidity in the market and global capital flows. This is why the Fed is doing matters (LIBOR rising) .  This is why the tax cuts matter.  This is why US dollar weakness or strength matters. 

Rising liquidity = rising stock market regardless of what b/s you hear about valuation or P/E ratios.

Trump's stupid trade and tariff war has just thrown a big wrench in this liquidity pipeline

The trade war is a symptom of the sickness, not the cause. You need to expand outwards a little more  :eek:

Halos said:
fortune11 said:

The trade war is a symptom of the sickness, not the cause. You need to expand outwards a little more  :eek:

Pray, tell  - what that may be ?

The goal is to make money , not wax philosophical.  I dont care what happened 30 years ago or 20 years ago, all that is sunk cost.  This is why economics is not really a science in my opinion.  It explains everything in hindsight not looking forward, which  is what you need to make money in the markets.  Whatever the reasons for whatever happening , it ultimately reflects in charts and prices which are hard data and not theory. 

fortune11 said:
Halos said:
fortune11 said:

The goal is to make money , not wax philosophical.  I dont care what happened 30 years ago or 20 years ago, all that is sunk cost.  This is why economics is not really a science in my opinion.  It explains everything in hindsight not looking forward, which  is what you need to make money in the markets.  Whatever the reasons for whatever happening , it ultimately reflects in charts and prices which are hard data and not theory.

Prey tell... is that we're at the end of a credit super-cycle. All done...game over. Move over to crypto trading if you want deep liquidity and a clean slate.

Halos said:
morekaos said:

I sold in early January...I guess you thought we were going higher in the new paradigm, but I'm sure deep down inside you knew it was too good to be true. Too many issues surrounding stocks for it to go higher...Libor blowing out, rising rates, facebook stock headed into the toilet.

Not at all. I have been running money for longer than some of you have been alive. Heard its over in 1987 after the crash, 1992 as the Savings and Loan financial market crash, the 3% rise of interest rates in 1994, the 1995 Commercial and residential real estate crash, the 1997 Long Term Capital collapse and the eventual total collapse of ALL world currencies, the 2000-2002 dot-com, 9/11 crash, the second 2005 real estate and mortgage banking collapse. I've seen it all.  Many managers today have NEVER experienced a rising rate cycle.  I have.  It is never different this time.  These markets will move higher by the end of this year, there is little that will stop the cycle. We will be fine....again.

morekaos said:
morekaos said:
This is bumping its feet right on support, Should hold so I don't think that 23500 will be seen in this move on a closing basis.

Even I am wary of a Smoot-Hawley type of tariffs, but I kinda like the chaos this brings...as I said, clears the decks of the weaker hands. Buy the dip, 23,500 should hold on a closing basis. if it does, that's a double bottom and its off to the races.
https://youtu.be/ONBAMgTC4dw

Halos said:
fortune11 said:
Halos said:
fortune11 said:

Prey tell... is that we're at the end of a credit super-cycle. All done...game over. Move over to crypto trading if you want deep liquidity and a clean slate.

You know I could have given you benefit of doubt on many crypto supportive arguments here , but you chcose to pick the weakest one ? liquidity

Have you seen the transaction costs (bid ask spread) on crypto . Another negative esp for Bitcoin is he amount of large holders (from legacy days) that can totally upend the market should they decide to exit .

Back