Dow?

irvinehomeowner said:
Since this is the OG Dow thread and we have quite a few predictions in here:

irvinehomeowner said:
lnc said:
We still have 2 more weeks to go, but unless something happens, looks like DOW will go over 25,000.

And we all got it wrong in last December, we all predicted a little too low.  :)

peppy said:
Lock in your predictions for 12/31/2017 ...

I'l go first with 21400

morekaos said:
23,500 boyyyyyyy!

lnc said:
12/31/17: 22,000!

USCTrojanCPA said:
23,456 on 12/31/17

Other than morekaos predicting 30k for 12/31/18, anyone else have a guess?

Been at 25k most of the year... up or down?

So for 2017, most of us under predicted. It looks like for 2018, we have over predicted.

So what is 2019 going to look like?

Anyone want to make any mid-year and end-year calls for 2019?

No midyear or end of year quotes for me but a new low in the sp between 2200-2300 followed by a rally to at least 2800, maybe close to or exceeding old highs, then a dive down again.

Ready2Downsize said:
aquabliss said:
aquabliss said:
TSLA under 300 again, maybe time to load up... will keep an eye.

Almost back under $300 again.  TSLA buying under $300 and selling above $340 has worked well (multiple times) if you're patient enough.

Dow going down tomorrow after Apple news.

Ya tomorrow will be a bad day for indexes.  AAPL is in DOW, NASDAQ and S&P500.

Also, apple priced themselves out and they got rid of smaller models.  Steve Jobs was very against getting rid of the smaller models.

aquabliss said:
aquabliss said:

Almost back under $300 again.  TSLA buying under $300 and selling above $340 has worked well (multiple times) if you're patient enough. 

Almost halfway to 340 already.  Wash, rinse, repeat = $

aquabliss said:
aquabliss said:
aquabliss said:

Almost halfway to 340 already.  Wash, rinse, repeat = $

Wow it worked again, this is literally the 4th time I?ve done this.  Buying again next week then will be out near $340 and wait for the drop.  Thanks Elon.

irvinehomeowner said:
I like that morekaos does not shy away from making predictions.

They are, by the way, exactly that..prediction. They are NOT investment advice. I post this here bc I enjoy the debate. Don?t take anything said here and try to apply it to your portfolio. Don?t ever take financial advice from an anonymous source and act on it without understanding what your doing.

What he really means is don?t hold him accountable  when his predictions are wrong and often have no basis in realty or how asset prices really move. You just have to look at what happened in 2018.

Anyways no surprise there as it is the job of every overpaid financial advisor - heads I win , tails you lose ...

Pay for good advice and heads you win and tails you also win. My people do, 2018 was a wonderful year for them, we will do just as well if not better in 19.

...or it was exactly what it was..meaningless, headline driven selling.  If you owned you should have held, if you had any balls you bought it, if you sold out because you got scared and are still in cash, your a fool.

morekaos said:
...or it was exactly what it was..meaningless, headline driven selling.  If you owned you should have held, if you had any balls you bought it, if you sold out because you got scared and are still in cash, your a fool.

Yeah there really is no where else to invest. Never bothered taking out our 401ks. Our balances reached all time highs in August/September of 2018, tanked through December and have rebounded to all time highs again now (part of it does include our contributions plus employer match from October 2018 through February 2019).

I always have a substantial cash pile since I don?t like to be 100% in the market between 401ks and personal savings. I use the cash pile for trading opportunities. With that said, if I was 100% in the market I?d probably be better of than with just trading.

Right now personal savings are just near 100% cash. After the Dow getting back to 26k not sure how much upside is left. I guess I can see it hitting 27-27.5k which would be about another 4-6%.

Yeah market is probably range bound even with the China tariffs getting resolved, mainly because earnings will be flattish this year.  If the property market continues to soften, I may look at picking up another rental.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Yeah market is probably range bound even with the China tariffs getting resolved, mainly because earnings will be flattish this year.  If the property market continues to soften, I may look at picking up another rental.

Sounds like a solid strategy. I agree.

Back