coronavirus

what we know now:
masks don't work
lockdowns were unnecessary and an illustration of the abuse of power exercised by govt/quasi govt (teacher's unions)
The China virus was a lab leak the CCP knew about and deployed like a WMD

Trump fell victim to the war being waged on him by the MSM and Pelosi, which is on him as exhibited by his outlandish remarks in the early phases. It massively tarnished an otherwise brilliant legacy his administration created. I especially enjoy the lack of commentary outside Fox and the WSJ on the Trump tax cuts delivering greater tax revenue than projected, along with the silence about the criticism he received for his rude admonishing of NATO leaders to spend their 2%, shut down NordStream, build LNG terminals and buy it from the US to neutralize the Russian threat. Oh wait, that just happened.

The narrative is shifting…that list looks a lot like mine, but they may have missed a few…

10 myths told by COVID experts — and now debunked

Misinformation #1: Natural immunity offers little protection compared to vaccinated immunity

Misinformation #2: Masks prevent COVID transmission

Misinformation #3: School closures reduce COVID transmission

Misinformation #4: Myocarditis from the vaccine is less common than from the infection

Misinformation #5: Young people benefit from a vaccine booster

Misinformation #6: Vaccine mandates increased vaccination rates

Misinformation #7: COVID originating from the Wuhan lab is a conspiracy theory

Misinformation #8: It was important to get the second vaccine dose three or four weeks after the first dose

Misinformation #9: Data on the bivalent vaccine is ‘crystal clear’

Misinformation #10: One in five people get long COVID

https://nypost.com/2023/02/27/10-myths-told-by-covid-experts-now-debunked/

Turns out it was the lab-leak deniers who wore the tinfoil hats

https://nypost.com/2023/02/27/turns-out-it-was-the-lab-leak-deniers-who-wore-the-tinfoil-hats/

The narrative is shifting…that list looks a lot like mine, but they may have missed a few…

10 myths told by COVID experts — and now debunked

Misinformation #1: Natural immunity offers little protection compared to vaccinated immunity

Misinformation #4: Myocarditis from the vaccine is less common than from the infection

Misinformation #8: It was important to get the second vaccine dose three or four weeks after the first dose

https://nypost.com/2023/02/27/10-myths-told-by-covid-experts-now-debunked/

Turns out it was the lab-leak deniers who wore the tinfoil hats

https://nypost.com/2023/02/27/turns-out-it-was-the-lab-leak-deniers-who-wore-the-tinfoil-hats/
I prefer heavy duty foil for mine

Irony being, the anti-vax, no precautions crew wants to argue that it's not really a big deal as a disease, but are also fixated that it was basically a Chinese engineered bio-weapon.

Never could quite wrap my head around the simultaneous arguments that we don't need any precautions, no safety measures and it is an escaped bio-weapon.

Why does everybody always make it an absolute binary? Never said we didn’t need any safety measures only that the ones they implemented were wrong. Should’ve immediately protected the elderly, kept schools open, no mask or vaccine mandates. Relied more on natural immunity. Never shut down the economy. Other countries implement these things in one form or another successfully our people in charge, chose poorly.

You do know that article you linked to is an Opinion and none of this list is actually verified?
No one here ever said this. Maybe less or more but not "little".
Reduces... not prevents.
Less exposure, less transmission, that doesn't even need science.
Source?
If the benefit is not getting Covid... probably?
This is probably false... anti-vax is gonna anti-fax.
Posted previously about this.
Unsure about this one.
Really? Nothing is crystal clear.
Who said that?

Ifs and buts…..additionally read the article, each point has backup links to studies and articles backing each supposition. All those points were bandied about as gospel truth at the time. Now, with a plethora of data and studies the truth has come out.

Last edited:
Source?

How about the journal of American medical association (JAMA) for a source? They found it is four times more likely to get myocarditis after you get the stab.
June 24, 2022

Myocarditis or Pericarditis Following mRNA COVID-19 Vaccination​

The authors found that reported rates of myocarditis or pericarditis were higher after vaccination with mRNA-1273 compared with BNT162b2 and that for both vaccines, the rate was higher following dose 2 of the primary 2-dose series when the interdose interval (the timing between dose 1 and dose 2) was 30 days or less. These findings add to the body of knowledge about the association of mRNA COVID-19 vaccination with myocarditis and pericarditis and offer additional insight into the differential risk between the 2 mRNA COVID-19 vaccine products and the possible association of the interdose interval with risk of myocarditis or pericarditis.

Last edited:
@morekaos Quote the part where the article says that being infected with Covid has a lower chance.

Other than the fact there is a higher chance to die from getting Covid than not getting it.

…and Florida got it right (as some of us knew at the time)….even liberals are admitting it now..

During an interview with CNN on Tuesday, HBO host and comedian Bill Maher said much of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ (R) coronavirus response “was smarter” than what his critics argue he should have done and specifically cited DeSantis keeping the beaches open and taking a “targeted” approach that “protected the elderly.”

He added, “I was [in Florida] during COVID. It was night and day from this place. And I am not one who was ever on the page with COVID paranoia. So, I thought it was a breath of fresh air. And the people there, when they would visit me here sometimes, they would say, oh my God — in the middle of the pandemic — what are you — you people live like this? It’s so unnecessary. We don’t live like this. And it turned out a lot of what Ron DeSantis did was smarter than what the people who were criticizing were saying. He kept the beaches open. Yes, you’re not going to get it outside. In fact, it’s good. Get some fresh air and some sunshine, that would be better for you. And he also protected the elderly. It was much more targeted. It was sort of the opposite of what happened in New York State.”

Don't misinform.

Florida also did lockdowns... everyone did... whether mandated or not... even your Nordic countries you love to cite.

And they had many deaths too.

That may be true, but their lockdowns were shorter. Their mandates were less strict or never existed, and their death rates were on par or below ours. That’s the point, none of our strict mandates or lockdowns made any kind of real difference, the boy king was wrong and we all paid the price, that’s not miss information it’s just recognition.

Maybe to show he's tough on China Biden will summon his inner Roosevelt and confine all US residents of mainland Chinese descent to Irvine

That may be true, but their lockdowns were shorter. Their mandates were less strict or never existed, and their death rates were on par or below ours. That’s the point, none of our strict mandates or lockdowns made any kind of real difference, the boy king was wrong and we all paid the price, that’s not miss information it’s just recognition.

FL vs CA death rates for COVID 19 is as follows:
Florida ~ 402 deaths per 100,000 people
California ~ 255 deaths per 100,000 people

402 = 255....pretty close! LOL

7d1o0e.jpg

Last edited:
Correct that stat for age, average age of Floridian, 42.7 average age for Californian. 37.3 they’re just a whole Lotta older people in Florida and that showed up in their death numbers. 🤷🏽‍♂️

That is a sensible argument. I guess Desantis didn't protect his old people as much as he thinks.

I wonder why AZ has the highest COVID deaths in the country. Their average age is around 38.
I had neighbors during the COVID out break who did travel ball. They said AZ was totally open at that time!

So game on! Neighbors played baseball in AZ normally...so we stayed away from them.

Last edited:
… again, correct for that stat and Florida may have had many more seniors, but a smaller number of deaths as a percentage per capita to California. 🤷🏽‍♂️ You can make stats say pretty much anything you want. During that time, Matre Dei and Bosco flew their whole football training camps to other states so they could practice, no harm be-felled them.

Let's pretend the Covid death stats are truthful.

Your argument that Florida has older people in it and so has a higher per captia death vs. California is fair.
However, it doesn't explain why Arizona is the #1 destination for COVID death.

As for your last sentence, it reminds me of someone I know who doesn't use seat belts for him or his kids because he has never gotten in an accident.

Back