coronavirus

I really don't understand why there are vaccination concerns right now. We started with old people and if old people with the weakest immune systems aren't all dying after the vaccination, what is the concern of taking it? To me it's either politically driven or fear of the vaccine not working as intended. It definitely shouldn't be fear because of the point I mentioned above. It also can't be politically driven since Trump is a Republican and was the one rushing US companies to get a vaccine ASAP. He was also one of the first people to get the vaccine.

One real factor and it's a big one is that the average education in the US is I believe 6-7th grade. That means we have on average middle schoolers sentencing people in court. So with that said, the root reason could simply be ignorance.

On the bright side, Florida last week announced 21,000 new covid cases in children under age 19.

Yea, not a typo, leave it up to the reader to determine if that is a [sic] or an accurate stat. 

Current news, Florida is reporting 35 pediatric hospitalizations a day from covid.
snip
In the past week, Florida has averaged 1,525 adult hospitalizations a day, and 35 daily pediatric hospitalizations. Both are the highest per capita rate in the nation, according to Jason Salemi, an associate professor of epidemiology at the University of South Florida.
snip
https://apnews.com/article/business...rus-pandemic-7ca97f0d685ab25559cf9b51cfc077eb

JIMHO, so much for the children aren't affected mantra.

On the super bright front, like California, Florida schools start in the next week or two.

oh, and DeSantis signing a no-mask thing for the schools.
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/fl...rents-choice-mask-children-school-2021-07-30/

I believe that the average reading level is 6th-7th grade.  The average educational attainment is high school plus a few years of college, iirc.

sleepy5136 said:
One real factor and it's a big one is that the average education in the US is I believe 6-7th grade. That means we have on average middle schoolers sentencing people in court. So with that said, the root reason could simply be ignorance.

It also have to do with brain washing/misinformation. There are some people (maybe a few or none) with advanced degrees, religious leaders, elected officials, the list goes on. They mighy think covid is fake, or the vaccine is not safe, etc.

(post for entertainment purpose only)

Most of the people that played down covid on talk irvine for some reason left. I hope they are okay.

There is one person that played down covid and is active on talk irvine. I think you all know who he is. But the funny thing is: I think he got the vaccine.He continues to down play covid after he got the vaccine shot.  ???

I'm OK! I think people just got more busy with everything. Work, life, and everything else kind of going back to pre-pandemic mode but with more enthusiasm. They're not staying home clicking forums like this anymore. There are people everywhere like crazy crowded. Man, I don't think I've ever seen Irvine so lively like this.

Have I down played Covid? Hmm.. that depends how you define downplaying, but I still think it definitely got overplayed by media and some fear lovers than what it really is. I always supported being carful like social distancing and mask wearings but with freewill so maybe I didn't totally downplayed this thing.

I hope you've been well eyephone! Watch out for that delta virus now.

Funny you should bring that up Eye...My entire family was infected a few weeks ago.  CDC interviewed us twice and cleared us last week.  We were of interest to them because two of the four were vaccinated and the other two were not, yet all four tested positive.  We were a case study.  No real difference between the vaccinated and unvaccinated.  In fact one of the un-vaccinated was asymptomatic.  As I suspected...no big deal...sore throats and stuffy noses.  One had a temp spike one day but this was a bad cold.  I will never wear a mask again. Back in the office and my wife is a teacher...she is back in school too prepping for the new school year.  Yawn...

I'm glad you and your family are doing well after being infected. Unfortunately there are more than half a million others who were not as lucky.

iacrenter said:
I'm glad you and your family are doing well after being infected. Unfortunately there are more than half a million others who were not as lucky.

Thank you...but there were also millions like me that (not surprisingly) are just fine.

morekaos said:
Funny you should bring that up Eye...My entire family was infected a few weeks ago.  CDC interviewed us twice and cleared us last week.  We were of interest to them because two of the four were vaccinated and the other two were not, yet all four tested positive.  We were a case study.  No real difference between the vaccinated and unvaccinated.  In fact one of the un-vaccinated was asymptomatic.  As I suspected...no big deal...sore throats and stuffy noses.  One had a temp spike one day but this was a bad cold.  I will never wear a mask again. Back in the office and my wife is a teacher...she is back in school too prepping for the new school year.  Yawn...

1. That is your problem that you got covid. If your too slick and smooth you would not get covid.
2. Dont blame me if you got sick. People that dont wear masks and think covid is fake. I dont know what to say.
3. Fyi the variances are another beast. I read something that you can still get covid variant even though you are vaccinated.
4. Why did 2 of the 4 family member get the vaccine? From day 1, you have been down playing it.
5. Your story might be true or not. But there are many stories people dying of covid that wished they got the vaccine.
6. Anti bodies dont last forever like diamonds.  ;)

I don?t blame you. I?m actually happy we got it over with. We had the variance, no biggie. As I have said from the start?virus gonna virus. Slick or not We will never be rid of this and if you haven?t gotten it, you probably will, vaccine or no.  2 of my family members don?t want the vaccine and now they don?t have to decide?natural immunity.  The fact that half of us were vaccinated is why the CDC took an interest.  In the end it didn?t make a difference.  Just reinforced what I already knew.

Do you think this whole pandemic was probably possibly the biggest scam in this entire universe so far?

No, I have never denied it exists?not only have I experienced it but I know many many many who have had it?.I just think our reaction was overblown and they can?t let it go.

Back