coronavirus

irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:
Unlike many of you, I have,  and my family has had,  both H1N1 and now COVID. We are just fine?have a wonderful weekend! >:D
morekaos said:
No, I have never denied it exists?not only have I experienced it but I know many many many who have had it?.I just think our reaction was overblown and they can?t let it go.

Good for you.

Remember I lost a cousin and her daughter lost her mother and couldn?t even see her before she died.

We?ve lost several friends to this.

Maybe when someone close to you isn?t ?fine? after getting Covid, you?ll be more wary.

I also caught H1N1 back when it was going around, and it was not fun, which is why I would rather not get Covid.

Yea, I don't see anybody volunteering to get Polio or saying meh about it as rationale for not getting the vaccine.  Polio though, is actually more mild than covid.  Roughly 3/4s (72%) or so are asymptomatic with no impacts. another quarter (24%) have mild no real impact.  Roughly 1-5% develop meningitis but are treatable with no long term impacts.  Roughly 0.1-0.5% develop a paralytic condition, and only about 10% of the partially paralyzed die, aka 0.01-0.05%  let's round up, Polio is 99.9% survivable.  You might just limp a little like FDR, it'll build character.

We all can take risks, just like in cars, you know, those multi-thousand dollar vehicles that have massive regulatory requirements for safety on them, that have massive rules for enforcement for safety when operating them, that will have your removal of privilege to drive one if you are caught violating the safety rules, bad enough or frequently enough, including imprisonment and financia ruin if you really f-up, that require you to carry minimal financial protection, that have trillions of dollars of safety in them from bumpers to crumple zones, to collapsible steering wheels, seatbelts, airbags, traction control, window that don't turn into daggers when broken and not to mention an entire code laws to manage the use of and insure that safe parameters of operation on the roads and highways.

Maybe $200 tickets are in order.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
Anyone knows what eyephone is saying? I usually have hard time understanding his words. Maybe it%u2019s me.

You are saying people at your church* give you the look like your a democrat because you wear a mask. You brought it up to make fun or it bothers you.

* churches should not give political opinions and judge you for wearing a mask, they should talk about stories from the bible and how it relates today. Such as the plague and disease which is talked about in the bible.

I responded this to you in God thread to stay organized.

...this thing is killing the same demo it was last year...nothing really has changed...just the panic button moved to whos left so as to keep it going...

Data from the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) released on Monday shows the average age of vaccinated individuals who have died from coronavirus is 82.5 years old and that 73 percent of those who died had underlying conditions.

The new data revealed 395 hospitalizations and 100 deaths have occurred from breakthrough coronavirus cases, according to a Boston Herald report. Breakthrough cases refer to individuals who have been infected with the virus after being fully vaccinated.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/08/03/massachusetts-breakthrough-coronavirus-cases-jump-1364-in-one-week/

morekaos said:
eyephone said:
morekaos said:
Unlike many of you, I have,  and my family has had,  both H1N1 and now COVID. We are just fine?have a wonderful weekend! >:D

It is nothing to brag about. Maybe the reason why you are still here is because you got the vaccine and caught the variant.

Or it?s not what you have been sold.  Either way, I?m still here.

You got the vaccine is interesting to say the least. Coming from the guy who down played covid constantly and made fun of people who wore a mask.
On top of that caught the covid variant and survived it. (Possibly because of the vaccine?)

Who said I got the vaccine?  I said two of the four in my household got vaccinated.  It's Why CDC was interested in us. Not only did our little cluster get the variant but we were only half vaccinated and those that were vaccinated got it anyway.  I down played it because as I suspected, it was very mild for all of us.  In fact, one who was not vaccinated was asymptomatic and never had any symptoms.  Our experience is what 99.97% of the public have experienced.  Not a whole lot.

The zero COVID delusion
We?ve been led to believe that if we just care enough and try really hard, we can stop getting sick and save lives

We cannot beat this thing.

The notion that we could literally stop the spread of COVID by locking down and vaccinating it out of existence was always a fantasy. As National Geographic recently noted, ?only two diseases in recorded history that affect humans or other animals have ever been eradicated?. (Only one of these viruses, smallpox, was a danger to human beings; the other is a bovine disease.) Every other virus, from ebola to influenza to the bubonic plague, still exists among us; we?ve just learned to live with them, and to control them as best we can through inoculation, preventive measures, and treatment for those who get sick.

https://spectatorworld.com/topic/zero-covid-blame-pandemic-fauci/

It is kind of funny when the media plays up the comment of ?I can only imagine what the symptoms would have been like if I wasn?t vaccinated? when it comes to breakthrough cases. As if every covid case for the unvaccinated was some sort of death sentence or near death experience. The vast majority of covid cases are probably cold/flu like experiences.

I guess it?s just the media doing what they do to get clicks.

qwerty said:
It is kind of funny when the media plays up the comment of ?I can only imagine what the symptoms would have been like if I wasn?t vaccinated? when it comes to breakthrough cases. As if every covid case for the unvaccinated was some sort of death sentence or near death experience. The vast majority of covid cases are probably cold/flu like experiences.

Sorry bro its not the media. We all know covid can be mild or it can lead to severe with long term side effects or sadly death.

Do you wear a seat belt? Wearing a seat belts prevents death or severe bodily injury.

Come on bro. Just asking for a reason. Why not explain? Do you get a flu vaccine because you're afraid of dying from flu?

Mety said:
Come on bro. Just asking for a reason. Why not explain? Do you get a flu vaccine because you're afraid of dying from flu?

Come on bro. Are you another fake Republican who down plays covid and the vaccine. But secretly gets the vaccine. (PepeLaugh)

That?s not how you carry a civilized conversation. We can get back to it when you?re ready. Have a good one bruh.

eyephone said:
qwerty said:

Sorry bro its not the media. We all know covid can be mild or it can lead to severe with long term side effects or sadly death.

Do you wear a seat belt? Wearing a seat belts prevents death or severe bodily injury.

My point is, you don?t hear in the media about every accident where someone died because they weren?t wearing their seat belt. I am vaccinated and hope everyone else gets vaccinated. It is clear they are trying get clicks or they are trying to scare people into getting vaccinated, which is fine as well because nothing else seems to be working. It seems like covid is hear to stay so it just becomes a normal part of life. Don?t need a headline story everyday on yahoo or CNBC about some breakthrough case.

qwerty said:
eyephone said:
qwerty said:
It is kind of funny when the media plays up the comment of %u201CI can only imagine what the symptoms would have been like if I wasn%u2019t vaccinated%u201D when it comes to breakthrough cases. As if every covid case for the unvaccinated was some sort of death sentence or near death experience. The vast majority of covid cases are probably cold/flu like experiences.

I guess it%u2019s just the media doing what they do to get clicks.

My point is, you don%u2019t hear in the media about every accident where someone died because they weren%u2019t wearing their seat belt. I am vaccinated and hope everyone else gets vaccinated. It is clear they are trying get clicks or they are trying to scare people into getting vaccinated, which is fine as well because nothing else seems to be working. It seems like covid is hear to stay so it just becomes a normal part of life. Don%u2019t need a headline story everyday on yahoo or CNBC about some breakthrough case.

Its both sides bro. Foxnews and other media outlets down plays it. I dont hear you talking about that. Its really unfortunate because covid cases are high.

Personally I like to know the information what is happening. Especially from a business perspective. (hiring and staffing, order more products, release new products) Also, from a personal level which retailers are requiring masks.

Back