coronavirus

aquabliss said:
nosuchreality said:
So if we need to stockpile 2 weeks to 2 months of food, water and TP, what's the recommended amount of a**o to stockpile with it?
Depends how many shots per day you take. 

Please see 2020 AB-3071, and note the language "certified as nonlead by the commission".

The bill may or may not pass.  It does not prohibit current possession.  But if you're planning to make bulk purchase for use at local range, then you might want to wait a little bit.

First British victim (25) living in Wuhan describe what's it like to go through the coronavirus (November 25, 2019):https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8075633/First-British-victim-25-describes-coronavirus.html

excerpt:
"Day 1 ? Monday November 25 I have a cold. I?m sneezing and my eyes are a bit bleary. It isn?t bad enough to keep me off work....
Day 2: I have a sore throat. Remembering what my mum used to do when I was a child, I mix myself a mug of honey in hot water. It does the trick.
Day 3: I don?t smoke and I hardly ever drink. But it?s important to me to get over this cold quickly, so that I can stay healthy for work. For medicinal purposes only, I put a splash of whisky in my honey drink. I think it?s called a ?hot toddy?.
Day 4: I slept like a baby last night. Chinese whisky is evidently a cure for all known ailments. I have another hot toddy in the evening.
Day 5: I?m over my cold. It really wasn?t anything.
Day 7: I spoke too soon. I feel dreadful. This is no longer just a cold. I ache all over, my head is thumping, my eyes are burning, my throat is constricted. The cold has traveled down to my chest and I have a hacking cough.  The symptoms hit me this afternoon like a train and, unless there?s an overnight miracle, I will not be going to work tomorrow. It?s not just that I feel so ill ? I really don?t want to give this flu to any of my colleagues.
Day 8: I won?t be in work today. I?ve warned them I?ll probably be off all week. Even my bones are aching. It?s hard to imagine I?m going to get over this soon.  Even getting out of bed hurts. I am propped up on pillows, watching TV and trying not to cough too much because it is painful.
Day 9: Even the kitten hanging around my apartment seems to be feeling under the weather. It isn?t its usual lively self, and when I put down food it doesn?t want to eat. I don?t blame it ? I?ve lost my appetite too.
Day 10: I?m still running a temperature. I?ve finished the quarter-bottle of whisky, and I don?t feel well enough to go out and get any more. It doesn?t matter: I don?t think hot toddies were making much difference.
Day 11: Suddenly, I?m feeling better, physically at least. The flu has lifted. But the poor kitten has died. I don?t know whether it had what I?ve got, or whether cats can even get human flu. I feel miserable.
Day 12: I?ve had a relapse. Just as I thought the flu was getting better, it has come back with a vengeance. My breathing is labored. Just getting up and going to the bathroom leaves me panting and exhausted. I?m sweating, burning up, dizzy and shivering. The television is on but I can?t make sense of it. This is a nightmare.  I decide to go to Zhongnan University Hospital...As soon as I get there, a doctor diagnoses pneumonia. So that?s why my lungs are making that noise.
Day 13: I arrived back at my apartment late yesterday evening. The doctor prescribed antibiotics for the pneumonia but I?m reluctant to take them ? I?m worried that my body will become resistant to the drugs and, if I ever get really ill and need them, they won?t work. I prefer to beat this with traditional remedies if I can.
Day 14: Boil a kettle. Add Tiger Balm. Towel over head. Breathe for an hour. Repeat. 
Day 15: All the days are now blurring into one.
Day 16: I phone my mother in Australia. There was no point in calling her before now ? she?d only worry and try to jump on a plane. That wouldn?t work: it takes an age to get a visitor?s visa to China. I?m glad to hear her voice, even if I can?t do much more than croak, ?Mum, I feel so ill.?
Day 17: I am feeling slightly better, but I don?t want to get my hopes up yet. I?ve been here before.
Day 18: My lungs no longer sound like bundles of broken twigs.
Day 19: I am well enough to stagger out of doors to get more Tiger Balm. My nose has cleared enough to smell what my neighbors are cooking, and I think I might have an appetite for the first time in nearly two weeks.
Day 22: I was hoping to be back at work today but no such luck. The pneumonia has gone ? but now I ache as if I?ve been run over by a steamroller. My sinuses are agony, and my eardrums feel ready to pop. I know I shouldn?t but I?m massaging my inner ear with cotton buds, trying to take the pain away.
Day 24: Hallelujah! I think I?m better. Who knew flu could be as horrible as that, though?"  Later he finds out that he had tested positive for the coronavirus.

NY Daily News Article: Wife, son and daughter of Westchester coronavirus patient test positive for illness, along with neighbor who drove him to the hospital

The infected lawyer, hospitalized in critical condition at a Manhattan hospital, checked into a suburban hospital on Feb. 27 with respiratory problems but wasn?t diagnosed until four days later. His family members, along with his helpful neighbor, are quarantined at their suburban homes, the governor said.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/w...bor-who-drove-him-to-the-hospital/ar-BB10JTLm

why don't we just infect everyone with the virus so that we can get it over with, reduce our greenhouse gas emissions by having 2-3% less people on earth, and get on with our lives?

seems like a win/win

Kings said:
why don't we just infect everyone with the virus so that we can get it over with, reduce our greenhouse gas emissions by having 2-3% less people on earth, and get on with our lives?

seems like a win/win

Yeah, win/win until one of your family members turn over because of corona.

Reuter Article: Fed quarantines U.S. dollars repatriated from Asia on coronavirus caution

The U.S. Federal Reserve has begun quarantining physical dollars that it repatriates from Asia before recirculating them in the U.S. financial system as a precautionary measure against spreading the virus, a Fed spokesperson told Reuters.

According to the CDC, it ?may be possible? to transmit the virus through objects that have had direct contact with it, but person-to-person contact is the main means of spreading the disease. The CDC recommends U.S. residents returning from China and other high-risk countries stay home for 14 days.

It is also filthy. A 2014 study by researchers at New York University identified 3,000 types of bacteria on dollar bills due to how widely and frequently they change hands.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-fed-dollars-idUSKBN20T1YT

irvinehomeowner said:
So as this spreads in new areas, I hear it?s slowing down in China. Is that true?

Coronavirus Spread in China Slows Sharply But Doubt Remains
Bloomberg News

While infections in the rest of the world accelerate, the coronavirus epidemic is showing signs of easing at its center -- China -- with new cases slowing dramatically and recoveries gathering pace. Still, doubt remains over whether the government?s statistics show the full picture.

China reported 139 new confirmed cases of the coronavirus on Wednesday. That was a slight rise from Tuesday, which had been the lowest number in almost six weeks and the fewest since the national government started releasing data on Jan. 21. Of those, 134 cases were in Hubei province, where the virus first emerged in December and which still accounts for the majority of infections and deaths worldwide.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-04/coronavirus-spread-in-china-slows-drastically-but-doubt-remains

Depends on the source. Be very wary of China's official stats - they have full control over their information reporting. Also, Bloomberg as a publication is very CCP friendly & has been very willing to parrot CCP propaganda in the past.

So the USA has over 500 cases.  Multiple cruise ships have it.  Multiple States have it.

We don't have testing to understand how many people really have it or have had it; it could barely over 500 or easily over 500,000.  Those power factors make a huge difference.

The economic damage from the inept government responses around the world are very concrete though.

South Korea is up to 7478 caseswith 51 death, still a high 0.68%.

nosuchreality said:
So the USA has over 500 cases.  Multiple cruise ships have it.  Multiple States have it.

We don't have testing to understand how many people really have it or have had it; it could barely over 500 or easily over 500,000.  Those power factors make a huge difference.

The economic damage from the inept government responses around the world are very concrete though.

South Korea is up to 7478 caseswith 51 death, still a high 0.68%.

Like I previously said. So far Trump has handled it worst than Katrina.
Once I heard Trump compared the caronavuris to like the flu. (Like many on TI. I have to say.)
I knew the markets will go down the #### hole.

The link I previously shared says it all. An older man climbing up the metal shelves at Costco. (Mountain View)

eyephone said:
eyephone said:
1. Looking out for the the little guy. Looking to refi take a look at owning.com or sofi
2. To inform people about the virus. Am I the only one that is concern? Multiple people on TI have mentioned that the water  bottles at Costco is out due to high of demand.

ABC article: The Costco in Mountain View ran out of water and Clorox wipes. Customer saying out of rice.
https://abc7news.com/5976785

Click the link and check out the picture. The customer climbed up the metal rack. It looks crazier than Black Friday.

Newsweek article: The American Red Cross issued a statement on Thursday advising residents on ways to "be ready for any emergency" and "prepare in case this new coronavirus risk level increases in the U.S."

"Have a supply of food staples and household supplies like laundry detergent and bathroom items, and diapers if you have small children," the organization said.

"Check to make sure you have at least a 30-day supply of your prescription medications, and have other health supplies on hand, including pain relievers, stomach remedies, cough and cold medicines, fluids with electrolytes, and vitamins," it added.
https://www.newsweek.com/coronaviru...paper-shortages-costco-walmart-target-1489981

>_>;; 

If you're looking to buy a bag of rice, go to H Mart.  They imposed limit of 1 bag per purchase, but 20 lb bag will last you a while.  If they run out visit supermarkets in Westminster or Indian market in Artesia.  Bottled water is also still avail at local supermarkets.  I recommend the 1 gallon jugs and not the smaller bottles.  There is also wide variety of canned foods on the shelf for purchase.  You can also mail order toilet paper delivered to your door or your local Walmart for pick up.  If liquid detergents are sold out look for 20 Mule Team Borax -- yes it works in HE washers.

If you're going to prep for the possibility that you'd be staying home for few weeks, stock up early and not at the last min.  Think about where you'd store your supplies.  If you store them in the garage, be warned that the higher temp during summer months will reduce the shelf life.  If you really, really want to, you can buy canned water from Blue Can Water in Burbank that will withstand 33F-150F temperature with 50 year shelf life.  These are great for your car emergency kits in the trunk but a bit expensive for home prep.  Cheaper to store gallon water jugs at home indoors (not the garage).

Having a pile of dry and wet (canned) foods can be messy, as most of us already filled our kitchen cabinets.  If you have the space, you can put up a pantry cabinet, preferably one with doors and secured to the wall stud.  Pantry cabinets are not popular items at the furniture store, but you can buy Ikea cabinets and re-purpose them as pantry.  Check their offerings in home office and bedroom sections, don't forget the cabinet doors.  Their stuff is a bit flimsy but works.

Personally, I plan to bug-in for a month (telecommute from home) starting next week, but will make occasional trips to local hardware/garden shops to buy plants and potting soil for my garden.  It's time to put up the trellis for cucumber and tomatoes.  I think in 30 days we'll have much clearer picture of the infection rate around LA/OC area.

eyephone said:
Another Trump/GOP post. That the coronavirus is a hoax.
Maybe the people who died is fake? Companies/Cities/Countries lost a lot of money because of the virus, but maybe that is fake also? They just want a vacation.

The fakeness by the Trump supporters is like so funnny.
Forget the data, forget the experts, forget the deaths? It?s all fake? Lol

morekaos said:
Soylent Green Is People said:
Anyone else besides me have family who got H1N1 in 2009? FWIW: Sick, yes. Scary, yes, Thankfully, no death even though California had many deaths from it...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_flu_pandemic_in_North_America

But I don't recall as high a level of concern over H1N1 as there is so far with this bug. It's contagious for sure, but as lethal? Not from what's been reported by most Western nation's.

To me, given our close experience with a pandemic 11 years ago, this is a time to take care, prepare, but not by any means a time to panic. The silver lining here is that as the COVID-19 threat passes everyone stocking up will have supplies at hand for an earthquake - an event so few are at the ready for.

My 02c

I said it in an earlier post. I had H1-N1 in 2009 along with my six year old daughter. We had Thanksgiving dinner isolated. Thankfully our local Ralph?s scraped together some Turkey and fixings for us at the last minute.  We were just fine, it was a bad cold. Swine flu had a 4% morbidity rate. This thing is WAY overblown.
https://youtu.be/kkCwFkOZoOY[url=https://youtu.be/kkCwFkOZoOY]
https://youtu.be/kkCwFkOZoOY[/url]

You wanna rely on data, numbers, experts, deaths?...try these... try a little perspective. H1-N1 was a pandemic,  this...not yet, and not as deadly or widespread

United States
Coronavirus Cases: 732
Deaths: 27
Recovered: 15

Attachments

• corona.jpg
    corona.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 113
Here is one positive news about this covid 19 virus for a change. Can we get the same treatment here in the US please?

Yahoo news

Mortgage payments will be suspended across Italy as the Italian government places the population on lockdown because of the coronavirus outbreak.

Back