coronavirus

eyephone said:
Did you read the news about the cruise ship? (Unbelievable)

What part is unbelievable to you? That some people got the virus or that they've locked everyone in it?

Mety said:
eyephone said:

What part is unbelievable to you? That some people got the virus or that they've locked everyone in it?

All of that!
Just imagine your on vacation on a cruise ship and that happened to you. What would you do? escape by small boat or swim with floater or stay on ship

eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:

All of that!
Just imagine your on vacation on a cruise ship and that happened to you. What would you do? escape by small boat or swim with floater or stay on ship

I would have cancelled the cruise vacation in the first place if this virus thing was around.

But if I was stuck there, the cruise probably would have refunded all our tickets and etc. plus times and days killed there. If they don't, then it is what it is. Complaining won't really get us anywhere.

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:

All of that!

I would have cancelled the cruise vacation in the first place if this virus thing was around.

But if I was stuck there, the cruise probably would have refunded all our tickets and etc. plus times and days killed there. If they don't, then it is what it is. Complaining won't really get us anywhere.

The diplomatic approach, but they are currently passengers stuck on the ship.

A contaminated prison': Scared, angry passengers are trapped on three cruise ships amid coronavirus outbreak
https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/07/asia/us-coronavirus-victim-cruise-ship-intl-hnk/index.html

eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:

All of that!

The diplomatic approach, but they are currently passengers stuck on the ship.

A contaminated prison': Scared, angry passengers are trapped on three cruise ships amid coronavirus outbreak
https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/07/asia/us-coronavirus-victim-cruise-ship-intl-hnk/index.html

Fox News article:Coronavirus outbreak: Passengers stranded on Japan cruise plead for help from Trump, say situation is 'desperate'

Passengers Milena Basso and her husband Gaetano Cerullo are calling for help from President Trump after being trapped on a Diamond Princess cruise ship off the coast of Japan with at least 61 positive cases of coronavirus.

The newlyweds -- on their honeymoon -- are two of more than 2,000 passengers who have been held on the ship since Tuesday.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/japan...assengers-plead-for-help-from-president-trump

What's happening on the cruise ship is a good reminder that you should always be prepped if possible.  Keep emergency kits at home, in your car, at work, while traveling, etc.  Due to the quarantine, resupply to the cruise ship (or hotel) may be delayed.  When bottled water runs out you may have to boil tap water with the coffee maker.

Due to space and weight restrictions while traveling, you have to careful with what products to carry.  For emergency water filters, products such as "Lifestraw Go" ($36) and "Sawyer Personal water filtration bottle" ($38) have filter with 0.2 (Lifestraw) and 0.1 (Saywer) micron pores + water bottle.  The bottle itself can also be used to store additional supplies such as light/glow stick, small flashlight, band aids, alcohol wipes, etc. when not in use.

If you want something better, the LifeSaver water purifier products from UK cost $100-$200 and are equipped with 0.015 micron filters.  Note replacement filters cost $100 and have 10 year shelf life. 

For emergency rations, due to the short duration of the trip, protein bars and snack bars will probably suffice.

momopi said:
What's happening on the cruise ship is a good reminder that you should always be prepped if possible.  Keep emergency kits at home, in your car, at work, while traveling, etc.  Due to the quarantine, resupply to the cruise ship (or hotel) may be delayed.  When bottled water runs out you may have to boil tap water with the coffee maker.

Due to space and weight restrictions while traveling, you have to careful with what products to carry.  For emergency water filters, products such as "Lifestraw Go" ($36) and "Sawyer Personal water filtration bottle" ($38) have filter with 0.2 (Lifestraw) and 0.1 (Saywer) micron pores + water bottle.  The bottle itself can also be used to store additional supplies such as light/glow stick, small flashlight, band aids, alcohol wipes, etc. when not in use.

If you want something better, the LifeSaver water purifier products from UK cost $100-$200 and are equipped with 0.015 micron filters.  Note replacement filters cost $100 and have 10 year shelf life. 

For emergency rations, due to the short duration of the trip, protein bars and snack bars will probably suffice.

More like if you go on a cruise consider bringing the following: mask, gloves, wetsuit, life vest, a small floatable board. (To make an escape?)

[hypothetical: for entertainment only]

Just cancelled my 8 day cruise trip that was planned for March 14th today.  The travel agency said it is crazy times right now with so many cancellations and major delay in processing these requests.

Goriot said:
Just cancelled my 8 day cruise trip that was planned for March 14th today.  The travel agency said it is crazy times right now with so many cancellations and major delay in processing these requests.

Good job. Takes action! You can?t trust nobody.

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:

All of that!

If it ain?t right, you have to complain. Maybe you will let them walk over you, but not me. Money is worthless if you are stuck on the ship with the virus.  ;)

With so many of the Chinese industries shut down... there may be an understatement of how bad this is in China.

I was joking about this before but maybe this is the event that will take down housing.

irvinehomeowner said:
With so many of the Chinese industries shut down... there may be an understatement of how bad this is in China.

I was joking about this before but maybe this is the event that will take down housing.

But Irvine housing isn't going to be affected as much by Chinese, wouldn't you say?

eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:

All of that!

If it ain?t right, you have to complain. Maybe you will let them walk over you, but not me. Money is worthless if you are stuck on the ship with the virus.  ;)

So what would you do if that happened to you?

The cruise ship is a good example of best intentions making it worse.  You enclosed people in a petri dish with ill.  The Chinese quarantines are the same.  Basically its like being closed up in a house with family members that have the flu.

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:

All of that!

So what would you do if that happened to you?

Hypothetical for entertainment purposes: Escape

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

But Irvine housing isn't going to be affected as much by Chinese, wouldn't you say?

Fed Warns Virus Poses ?New Risk? to Global Growth, Markets
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-poses-new-risk-to-global-growth-and-markets

It's probably a good time to book a future cruise. There must be a ton of Coronavirus discounts going on.

Back