coronavirus

iacrenter said:
It's probably a good time to book a future cruise. There must be a ton of Coronavirus discounts going on.

I like his out of the box thinking. But I will stay away.
I%u2019m not an expert on ships, but I don%u2019t know which cruise ships were effected by the virus. Do they bleach all rooms and  ducts? (Is that even possible?)

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
With so many of the Chinese industries shut down... there may be an understatement of how bad this is in China.

I was joking about this before but maybe this is the event that will take down housing.

But Irvine housing isn't going to be affected as much by Chinese, wouldn't you say?

Different scenario than FCB buying power.

This could turn into an economic crisis.

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
With so many of the Chinese industries shut down... there may be an understatement of how bad this is in China.

I was joking about this before but maybe this is the event that will take down housing.

But Irvine housing isn't going to be affected as much by Chinese, wouldn't you say?

Different scenario than FCB buying power.

This could turn into an economic crisis.

That' exactly what media wants you to believe.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Did you read the news about the cruise ship? (Unbelievable)

What part is unbelievable to you? That some people got the virus or that they've locked everyone in it?

All of that!
Just imagine your on vacation on a cruise ship and that happened to you. What would you do? escape by small boat or swim with floater or stay on ship

I would have cancelled the cruise vacation in the first place if this virus thing was around.

But if I was stuck there, the cruise probably would have refunded all our tickets and etc. plus times and days killed there. If they don't, then it is what it is. Complaining won't really get us anywhere.

If it ain?t right, you have to complain. Maybe you will let them walk over you, but not me. Money is worthless if you are stuck on the ship with the virus.  ;)

So what would you do if that happened to you?

Hypothetical for entertainment purposes: Escape

I also would try to escape if I could. But most likely ain't nobody's gonna be able to. So you'd just have to accept the reality and try to see the positive sides of it.

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Did you read the news about the cruise ship? (Unbelievable)

What part is unbelievable to you? That some people got the virus or that they've locked everyone in it?

All of that!
Just imagine your on vacation on a cruise ship and that happened to you. What would you do? escape by small boat or swim with floater or stay on ship

I would have cancelled the cruise vacation in the first place if this virus thing was around.

But if I was stuck there, the cruise probably would have refunded all our tickets and etc. plus times and days killed there. If they don't, then it is what it is. Complaining won't really get us anywhere.

If it ain%u2019t right, you have to complain. Maybe you will let them walk over you, but not me. Money is worthless if you are stuck on the ship with the virus.  ;)

So what would you do if that happened to you?

Hypothetical for entertainment purposes: Escape

I also would try to escape if I could. But most likely ain't nobody's gonna be able to. So you'd just have to accept the reality and try to see the positive sides of it.

I think the ship is docked. If there is a will there is a way to escape.
What is the positive side to it when your stuck on the ship?

Not just this but anything. When something bad or things I don't like happen, staying negative and complaining won't really get anywhere (for me at least). I do understand it would suck to be stuck there while you thought you were going to have a good vacation so that's very unfortunate, but I think trying to stay positive would help your stress also.

You can still be thankful if you're coronavirus free. You can still look forward to the day when you'll get out of that cruise. You can still be thankful you're alive. You've learned your lesson, so you'll plan better accordingly next time. But more than anything, when you're stuck at where you literally can't really do anything, you can spend time with the LORD. Reading scriptures, praying, etc. Jonah from the Bible would be kind of a similar example. But it wouldn't make any sense if you don't believe in Jesus.

I guess this is where you and I disagree. Did the people of Flint, Michigan have a right to complain about the water? I say  yes of course. But using your logic, they should not complain.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flint_water_crisis

Mety said:
Not just this but anything. When something bad or things I don't like happen, staying negative and complaining won't really get anywhere (for me at least). I do understand it would suck to be stuck there while you thought you were going to have a good vacation so that's very unfortunate, but I think trying to stay positive would help your stress also.

You can still be thankful if you're coronavirus free. You can still look forward to the day when you'll get out of that cruise. You can still be thankful you're alive. You've learned your lesson, so you'll plan better accordingly next time. But more than anything, when you're stuck at where you literally can't really do anything, you can spend time with the LORD. Reading scriptures, praying, etc. Jonah from the Bible would be kind of a similar example. But it wouldn't make any sense if you don't believe in Jesus.

Complaining and doing the right thing are two different matters. The difference is simple. Complaining ends with complaining. Doing the right thing comes with a suggested solution. Even if that suggestion might not be correct, you're still trying for a better cause not just a chant.

What's the suggested solution for this quarantined cruise?

eyephone said:
I guess this is where you and I disagree. Did the people of Flint, Michigan have a right to complain about the water? I say  yes of course. But using your logic, they should not complain.

Mety said:

Not to be technical. But complaints are results of not doing the right thing.

Mety said:
Complaining and doing the right thing are two different matters. The difference is simple. Complaining ends with complaining. Doing the right thing comes with a suggested solution. Even if that suggestion might not be correct, you're still trying for a better cause not just a chant.

What's the suggested solution for this quarantined cruise?

eyephone said:

Mety said:

Just as some people are born with ODD (oppositional defiant disorder) and will believe in any anti-government/anti-authority conspiracy theory, others are born chronic complainers.  Chronic complainers have strong victimization mentality where they do not necessarily see themselves as negative people, but rather victim of circumstance or some vast conspiracy involving temporal and supernatural forces.  Many complain because they want validation, sympathy, and attention.  When confronted with actual solutions they become hostile because it takes away the attention and validation.  Doing the "right thing" may result in 10 additional complaints about Gnostic mind parasites or fallen archons conducting psychic attacks on their mind.

In Japan they conducted studies on Hikkimori (acute social withdrawal) and found that most of them are from middle class or higher families, with parents who can afford to let their kids mooch off them.  In poorer families where the children are forced to work and interact with people, there are very few instances of Hikkimori.  Putting this to perspective, chronic complainers feed off the attention and sympathy from others who give it, just like Hikkimori mooching off their parents.

=======================

I just returned from CVS and was told that they just received shipment of hand sanitizers, and it had been sold out.  So maybe it's a good idea to stock up some, plus ethyl alcohol or isopropyl alcohol.

Be aware that some sanitizers contain triclosan/triclocarban, you might want to read up on it.  Worse case, you can always wear disposable latex gloves.

momopi said:
Just as some people are born with ODD (oppositional defiant disorder) and will believe in just about any anti-government/anti-authority conspiracy theory, others are born chronic complainers.  Chronic complainers have strong victimization mentality where they do not necessarily see themselves as negative people, but rather victim of circumstance or some vast conspiracy involving both temporal and supernatural forces.  Many complain because they want validation, sympathy, and attention.  When confronted with actual solutions they become hostile because it takes away the attention and validation.  Doing the "right thing" may result in 10 additional complaints about how Gnostic mind parasites or fallen archons conducting psychic attacks on their mind.

Sounds snowflaky. :)

I read that one of the people who went on the Diamond Princess to help the passengers also got the virus now.
So if a person with all that protective gear can get it, I don't think a N95 mask is gonna help much.

N95 rating means filtration of at least 95% of airborne particles of certain size.  It's not 100% effective, nor are the masks "one size fits all".

Protective gear requires fitting, training, and regular exercise/practice in use.  The medical staff that boarded the cruise ship was issued protective gear, but without good fitting and training the effectiveness will be decreased.

================

Since hand sanitizers are mostly sold out at local retail stores, you can still purchase 70% iso alcohol at Costco.  Isopropanol is not effective against non-enveloped viruses, but influenza and coronavirus are both enveloped viruses.  So 70% iso alcohol may be effective for disinfecting hard surfaces when used as spray or wipe.  The higher concentrated 91% stuff will evaporate too soon so it's less effective, unless if you're buying it for long term storage or use as fuel (warning:  improper use will result in bodily harm and burning down your house).

Also be aware that alcohol based hand sanitizers may cause adverse reaction to infants under the age of 2 -- discuss with your doctor if you have questions.

Also the hand sanitizer is not very effective against cold or flu virus,  so don?t overly depends on it .

Back