coronavirus

Is our society more dumb than the society in 1918? The medical science is way more advance in 2021 vs 1918. But there are people that are told the wrong things. We have a vaccine and there are people in the US not taking advantage of the free vaccine. There are many people in this world that can not get the vaccine or they cant get the highly sought after Pfizer or Moderna vaccine. Due to the efficacy rate and the openness of trial/post trial information.

I think people are getting ticked off because there is a solution and people do not want the solution. (You cant make a pig bark)

Also, people are pissed because the hospital system is getting packed with covid cases. I think there was a veteran that unfortunately passed away because the hospital was filled with covid cases.

Since Fauci is still the head of the pandemic response team in USA, I will listen to him
No matter if he is a liar or a bureaucrat, he was hired by US citizens to do this job.

Until he is fired, I will listen to him.

Why would we hire an expert and then not listen to him?

Why would I hire morekaos and then buy TSLA and Bitcoin?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/09/07/covid-delta-variant-live-updates/
For the first time in Idaho?s history, officials in the state on Tuesday moved to start rationing medical care in some overburdened hospitals grappling with a surge in covid-19 patients ? a grim reflection of the delta variant?s devastation and a dire warning for other health-care systems pushed to the brink by rising infections.
https://gov.idaho.gov/pressrelease/...-vaccine-now-as-students-head-back-to-school/

Governor Little highlighted Idaho-specific facts about COVID activity in the state. 

98.9-percent of new COVID-19 cases since Jan. 1, 2021, were people not vaccinated
98.6-percent of COVID-19 hospitalizations since Jan. 1, 2021, were people not vaccinated
98.7-percent of COVID-19 deaths since Jan. 1, 2021, were people not vaccinated

Well that be Republican Governor better forget about running for President.

Crystal

Clear

Stats

nosuchreality said:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/09/07/covid-delta-variant-live-updates/
For the first time in Idaho?s history, officials in the state on Tuesday moved to start rationing medical care in some overburdened hospitals grappling with a surge in covid-19 patients ? a grim reflection of the delta variant?s devastation and a dire warning for other health-care systems pushed to the brink by rising infections.
https://gov.idaho.gov/pressrelease/...-vaccine-now-as-students-head-back-to-school/

Governor Little highlighted Idaho-specific facts about COVID activity in the state. 

98.9-percent of new COVID-19 cases since Jan. 1, 2021, were people not vaccinated
98.6-percent of COVID-19 hospitalizations since Jan. 1, 2021, were people not vaccinated

Crystal

Clear

Stats

Not clear at all?

Either missed or ignored by the ?fact-checkers? is that this 95 percent number is not based on what is happening now or in the past few months, but includes data going back to January and ending months ago, a biased data set. The Kaiser Family Foundation published a chart, listing each state, reporting vaccination and hospitalization data beginning anywhere from mid-December or mid-January through anywhere from May through July. These are not ?current? real-time numbers.

morekaos said:
nosuchreality said:

Crystal

Clear

Stats

Not clear at all?

Either missed or ignored by the ?fact-checkers? is that this 95 percent number is not based on what is happening now or in the past few months, but includes data going back to January and ending months ago, a biased data set. The Kaiser Family Foundation published a chart, listing each state, reporting vaccination and hospitalization data beginning anywhere from mid-December or mid-January through anywhere from May through July. These are not ?current? real-time numbers.

Really?  The next three bullet points on the Governor?s  website are

Since May 15, there have been 10-times as many COVID-19 cases among unvaccinated people compared to vaccinated people
Since May 15, there have been 13-times as many COVID-19 hospitalizations among unvaccinated people compared to vaccinated people
Since May 15, there have been 8-times as many COVID-19 deaths among unvaccinated people compared to vaccinated people.

Crystal

Clear

Stats

From a May 15th base of 96 cases it?s easy to say cases up 8 times and ten times?sounds more scary when framed that way.

morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:
You?re shooting yourself in the foot.

So are you now saying that restrictions work?

No, Im saying nothing really works and the stats are all screwy. Kaos.  Virus gonna virus.

Nice meme. But you still contradicted yourself.

Either restrictions were effective (which you just said the numbers were lower prevax) or you're just cherry picking (again).

And no comment on how the morekaos family caught Covid even though half were vaccinated? That's like the worse proof of vaccination efficacy every... you even threw in "well the CDC interviewed us" just to make it sound more "scientific".

What is that saying? If you lay down with Covid...

I?m not gonna share the pathology on a public forum but they did trace it to one of us who was vaccinated and exposed who was patient zero so to speak. We hunkered down till all the tests showed negative? no big deal, and yes we all can taste. My son is back on the football field and classroom as is my daughter and wife are also back in the classroom and I?m at work every day?all back in the gym?glad to be done.

I don't need the specifics... what I'm saying is that even if you're vaccinated, if you are hanging out with others without masks or proper distancing, of course you are going to get it.

So it's not the vax that is ineffective... it's lack of using other protocols too.

You make it sound like the vax doesn't help... that's misinformation.

irvinehomeowner said:
I don't need the specifics... what I'm saying is that even if you're vaccinated, if you are hanging out with others without masks or proper distancing, of course you are going to get it.

So it's not the vax that is ineffective... it's lack of using other protocols too.

I didn?t say that it does nothing. In our case it was a vaxed that infected the others, vaxed or not.  Specifically to us, I doubt it made much of a difference. The proof of that is right there. If 75% of the population is currently vaccinated than how are the COVID infection rates worse than the same time last year with hardly anybody vaxed? ALL the numbers are jenky, people quote whatever supports their narrative.  Like politics, I think it?s all crooked.  It?s why I say virus gonna virus. You may be able to run for a bit but you won?t be able to hide.  I?m a bigger believer in natural immunity. It?s how we have survived for millions of years.
https://youtu.be/BhGdTcJqlBw

irvinehomeowner said:

I believe we all want the best case for everybody. If the story is true, he is fortunate to survive without the vaccine. But there are a lot of unfortunate cases.
There are many people that say covid is politcal. It is not political. It is more like rolling the dice to not get vaccinated. (risky af)

Why hurt yourself and potentially hurt the people that care about you by not getting vaccinated?

I don't think morekaos is saying don't get vaccinated. He's saying it's not the ultimate answer as some people believe. He's pointing out how come we're not seeing any better outcomes if more people are vaccinated? His literature style may sound like he doesn't care about you or covid, but you gotta see more than that. Just like how people thought BTB/YF was saying things he really didn't mean, you who hold different opinions than morekaos are not seeing his points clearly. 

Mety said:
I don't think morekaos is saying don't get vaccinated. He's saying it's not the ultimate answer as some people believe. He's pointing out how come we're not seeing any better outcomes if more people are vaccinated? His literature style may sound like he doesn't care about you or covid, but you gotta see more than that. Just like how people thought BTB/YF was saying things he really didn't mean, you who hold different opinions than morekaos are not seeing his points clearly.

There's something other than vaccination that is the #1 way to control coronavirus?

For me, I?ll take my natural immunity over a vax any day.  You all realize this has a 99.6% survival rate, right?

Mety said:

I don't think so. As he has from the start, he is portraying Covid as a non-issue like many have. Saying that we didn't need restrictions, that masks are ineffective, that vaccines don't really help... that "virus is gonna virus".

If no one did anything, we would be in a much deeper world of hurt right now. Millions have died... some very close to me and maybe none close to him which is why he thinks that way.

I don't mind him posting as long as he's doing it in a truthful manner but instead he uses a tabloid sensationalist style which is okay for politics but it doesn't belong in a thread that is about life and death.

But whatever... ignorance is gonna ignorance, disrespect is gonna disrespect.

morekaos said:
For me, I?ll take my natural immunity over a vax any day.  You all realize this has a 99.6% survival rate, right?

Sure, tell my niece who lost her mother that. You realize how insensitive you are right?

IHO, I am not denying the toll this has taken on some, my losses are to suicides directly related to Covid restrictions. Two of them teenagers who should still be here.  I'm not making this personal. But, this discussion of mitigation stems back to the start... Remember when bending the curve was the debate. We were just trying to slow it down.  This obsession with zero fatality is extreme.  As I have said many times this will be with us, in one form or another, forever.  We need to adapt and move on. Stagnation has a negative quality all all own.

IHO's niece's lost of her mother due to Covid is a horrible and very sad reality. Two teenagers' suicide due to Covid is also very unfortunate. But morekaos is not taking things personal. He's talking and maybe questioning why aren't all these restrictions and vaccines not working any better? Sure there are some who refuses to take it and just not following all the rules, but since there are more people following and taking vaccines, the number should be better now, right? If not, I don't think it's any political or personal to question. It's a logical mind that has a thought. It's before science, politics or even religions.

IHO's said the death rate has gotten better than last year when we had no vaccine. I didn't check the stats, but if that's true, then there is some argument that these restrictions and vaccines are working. After all, covid is 95+% (99.6% per morekaos) survival rate so if the number got any better, then that's a good news.

Mety said:
IHO's niece's lost of her mother due to Covid is a horrible and very sad reality. Two teenagers' suicide due to Covid is also very unfortunate. But morekaos is not taking things personal. He's talking and maybe questioning why aren't all these restrictions and vaccines not working any better? Sure there are some who refuses to take it and just not following all the rules, but since there are more people following and taking vaccines, the number should be better now, right? If not, I don't think it's any political or personal to question. It's a logical mind that has a thought. It's before science, politics or even religions.

IHO's said the death rate has gotten better than last year when we had no vaccine. I didn't check the stats, but if that's true, then there is some argument that these restrictions and vaccines are working. After all, covid is 95+% (99.6% per morekaos) survival rate so if the number got any better, then that's a good news.

Newsweek Article: Florida Has the Highest COVID Death Rate in the U.S.
The number of daily deaths appears to be increasing still, despite the decline in cases.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has opposed certain mitigation measures to help slow the spread of the various over the course of the pandemic.
https://www.newsweek.com/florida-mississippi-coronavirus-death-rates-united-states-1626467

Forbes: Gov. DeSantis? Net Approval Rating Drops 14 Points Amid Covid Spike, Poll Finds
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommyb...-drops-14-points-amid-covid-spike-poll-finds/

Pbs News: Judge blocks Florida law that prevents cruise lines from requiring proof of vaccination
A federal judge has temporarily blocked a Florida law that prevents cruise lines from requiring passengers to prove they?re vaccinated against COVID-19, saying the law appears unconstitutional and won?t likely hold up in court.

The ?vaccine passport? ban signed into law in May by Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis fails to protect medical privacy or prevent discrimination against unvaccinated people, but it does appear to violate the First Amendment rights of Norwegian Cruise Lines, U.S. District Judge Kathleen Williams wrote.. 
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/econom...ise-lines-from-requiring-proof-of-vaccination

15 South Florida school district staff members die of COVID-19 in 10 days; reporthttps://www.news4jax.com/news/local...ff-members-die-of-covid-19-in-10-days-report/

Comment summary:
It is not the people of Florida?s fault. It appears to be the lack of leadership by the governor. Maybe they should let the schools have mask policy and not talk about taking money away from the schools if they have a mask policy.

Back