Coronavirus Recession

Business Insider Article via Yahoo: Fox News is telling its employees to work from home for at least another month while its TV hosts push for businesses to reopen

Employees of the Fox Corporation, which includes Fox News, were told their offices would remain closed until June 15 at the earliest, according to CNN.

Fox News hosts have been calling on the president and state leaders to relax stay-at-home orders for weeks, arguing non-essential businesses should be permitted to reopen.

Like most networks, Fox has been operating in a way that allows most to work from home with only essential personnel to report to offices to keep the network on the air amid the pandemic.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-telling-employees-home-143830262.html

Interesting. It is okay to work from home for another month if you work for Fox News according to a memo. But TV hosts pushes America to reopen. Double standard?  ;)

Fox news should definitely set an example by asking their employees to return to the office when asking America to do the same.
Trump should also set an example by wearing a mask when he says people should wear one.

But these things won't happen because both are hypocrites

Anecdotal economic impact:

We had been gifted Cirque du Soleil vouchers which we turned into actual seats in January for a May show.

Soylent Red loved "Hamilton" after seeing it in SF. When it was announced that the touring company is going to be in LA June forward, we bought 4 pretty sweet orchestra level seats at face value.

Cirque cancelled all shows. We will never see any refund from them. They will likely BK and walk off with what funds they have... dang Canadians?.

Hamilton is refunding directly to us with a note - whomever bought the tickets gets the refund. Following this through, if you resold your tickets congratulations! You get the $$$, but the buyer gets the Bag - unless you want to burn in hell for being a gigantic douche by not refunding the buyer of the resold tickets.....

We're going to use our Hamilton ticket refund to buy 1 year of Disney+. The Mouse has a Hamilton movie in the can, done by the original Broadway cast, and they're releasing it 1 year early. That's going to save us an immense amount of money compared to seeing the show in person.

I don't think live theatre is dead, but it's severely wounded and in need of triage STAT!

My .02c

eyephone said:
Business Insider Article via Yahoo: Fox News is telling its employees to work from home for at least another month while its TV hosts push for businesses to reopen

Employees of the Fox Corporation, which includes Fox News, were told their offices would remain closed until June 15 at the earliest, according to CNN.

Fox News hosts have been calling on the president and state leaders to relax stay-at-home orders for weeks, arguing non-essential businesses should be permitted to reopen.

Like most networks, Fox has been operating in a way that allows most to work from home with only essential personnel to report to offices to keep the network on the air amid the pandemic.

Interesting. It is okay to work from home for another month if you work for Fox News according to a memo. But TV hosts pushes America to reopen. Double standard?  ;)

Now this is a good example of double standard.

It's like a certain TI poster who says businessess should be allowed to re-open and not require masks but he sanitizes his groceries and take out food and is looking for disinfecting wipes. :)

#qwerxample

I don't see this as a double standard.

If the State of Georgia allows businesses to reopen, and CNN were to agree it's a good thing, yet tells it's staff to stay at home.... that's a private business decision. Advocating for public policy changes is acceptable (in commentary, not in "news"). Mayor Garcetti wants to lock down for another 3 months... until he was pushed back on. Had he said it's OK to re-open carefully, but we're still recommending a stay at home environment my guess is that message would have been better received.

Letting private businesses make the decision to act one way or the other isn't a bad thing. We've seen already what a "one size fits all" heavy hand can do. How about trying something else?

zubs said:
Fox news should definitely set an example by asking their employees to return to the office when asking America to do the same.
Trump should also set an example by wearing a mask when he says people should wear one.

But these things won't happen because both are hypocrites

Putin visits hospital wearing Hazmat suite.
3u8fzq.jpg

VP Pence with no mask at Mayo Clinic
3yrnxw.jpg

@IHO - now you are trying to put your eyephone in me :)

As SGIP said, there things are not mutually exclusive.  I want things to reopen but will take precautions because I don?t want to get it if possible. Like i said, the precautions we take are minor and don?t disrupt our day to day life. At some point I?ll have to go back into the office, which I?m perfectly fine with. My kids will go back to school as well. Life goes on. If I get the virus and die then that?s the hand I was dealt.

In my will my wife only gets the money after she posts on TI that I have died and she reveals my true identity. Otherwise the money bypasses here and it al goes to the kids.

qwerty said:
@IHO - now you are trying to put your eyephone in me :)

See how that feels?

As SGIP said, there things are not mutually exclusive.  I want things to reopen but will take precautions because I don?t want to get it if possible. Like i said, the precautions we take are minor and don?t disrupt our day to day life. At some point I?ll have to go back into the office, which I?m perfectly fine with. My kids will go back to school as well. Life goes on. If I get the virus and die then that?s the hand I was dealt.

But that's what I'm getting at. Isn't a mask minor? So why complain about it? If the virus can kill you, then the authorities have some credence to protect the people whether it be Stay At Home orders, enforced social distancing or mandating masks.

You can't complain about both... yes... we have to re-open.. but yes... we also have to abide by safety protocols. So to reopen... "either wear that mask or stay home"... but not what you are saying... "stay home because people don't have to wear a mask". The first one is more conducive to businesses in my opinion.

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

Now this is a good example of double standard.

It's like a certain TI poster who says businessess should be allowed to re-open and not require masks but he sanitizes his groceries and take out food and is looking for disinfecting wipes. :)

#qwerxample

You forgot to mention masks. He does not believe masks should be required and are not effective. But he wears a n95 mask when he goes out.

But a lot of other things can kill and the government doesn?t put similar safety protocols in place or shut down the economy.

Where have they been for the flu all these years? That kills people yet no economic shutdown or enhanced safety protocols

I don?t wear an N95! It?s a surgeons mask. And I only wear them because the establishments I go into have the workers wearing them (restaurants and grocery stores). The other day I tried going into a restaurant and they said I had to put a mask on. So I went back to the car and put it on.

I don?t believe they provide much help but I?ll wear it since a lot of places require. When I go back to the office I?m not going to wear it unless they force me to.

Comparing it to the flu is an old argument by Covid Hoax crowd.
Now the argument is unfortunately the unhealthy with conditions will not make it.

qwerty said:
I don?t wear an N95! It?s a surgeons mask. And I only wear them because the establishments I go into have the workers wearing them (restaurants and grocery stores). The other day I tried going into a restaurant and they said I had to put a mask on. So I went back to the car and put it on.

I don?t believe they provide much help but I?ll wear it since a lot of places require. When I go back to the office I?m not going to wear it unless they force me to.

The inland empire sounds perfect for you. (No masks required per their new law)
I am not suggesting to move there, but go shopping there on weekends.

eyephone said:
Now the argument is unfortunately the unhealthy with conditions will not make it.

You can?t argue that the flu kills you are just to dumb to actually make any logical point

qwerty said:
eyephone said:

You can?t argue that the flu kills you are just to dumb to actually make any logical point

Sure and you can not recalculate.
The fake auditor

You know it wasn?t a recalculation issue. I said the calculated rate was meaningless. And as usual you gloss right over that and try to do your misdirection. Which is why you are a moron.

qwerty said:
You know it wasn?t a recalculation issue. I said the calculated rate was meaningless. And as usual you gloss right over that and try to do your misdirection. Which is why you are a moron.

Yes it was a recalculation issue. You do not know simple arithmetic.
Now this sounds moronic. Ready to die already?

qwerty said:
Life goes on. If I get the virus and die then that?s the hand I was dealt.

qwerty said:
But a lot of other things can kill and the government doesn?t put similar safety protocols in place or shut down the economy.

There hasn't been anything this unknown in modern times that required government to intervene like this. Remember, we aren't the only government who took this type of action... and unlike others, ours was tame compared to the mandatory lockdown most other countries used.

Where have they been for the flu all these years? That kills people yet no economic shutdown or enhanced safety protocols

The flu is a known virus. We have vaccines and successful treatment protocols. That is not the case with coronavirus, we are still discovering new things about it as this continues on. It's not just the older/co-morbidity people who are risk... it even affects younger people and children. It doesn't just attack the lungs, but all organs. Maybe you should talk to a medical professional who can tell you just how serious this is.

It's just like 9/11. Everything got tightened up real quick... but once we knew more and established protocols, things got back to "normal" (except now you have all that TSA before you get into the waiting areas which only now passengers have access to, you need to remove your shoes, no liquids beyond a certain quantity, etc etc).

I am just amazed how you are so concerned about your own personal health but don't see this as serious enough for the officials to be concerned about everyone's health.

I?m not that concerned about my health. As I said, super basic precautions. I?m not going to stop going to go to work and not send my kids to school.

You and eyephone somehow misconstrue these basic things as being concerned about my health. You also misconstrue my statement that I would prefer not to get it as being concerned about my health. I?m not. Ill take my chances living my life.

How successful are all those flu treatment and vaccines given the number of deaths attributable to the flu? How is that working out for those dead people?

qwerty said:
I?m not that concerned about my health. As I said, super basic precautions. I?m not going to stop going to go to work and not send my kids to school.

You and eyephone somehow misconstrue these basic things as being concerned about my health. You also misconstrue my statement that I would prefer not to get it as being concerned about my health. I?m not. Ill take my chances living my life.

You do understand that disinfecting your groceries and takeout packages is not basic. I don't even do that and I think I'm more concerned about Covid than you are.

So you are saying that preferring to not get it is not the same as being concerned about your health? Then why even take the "basic" precautions?

Why don't you go to work? No one in SoCal is really stopping you. I haven't been stopped all this time and I'm out every day.

How successful are all those flu treatment and vaccines given the number of deaths attributable to the flu? How is that working out for those dead people?

Name a flu variant in the last 100 years that has killed over 80k people with quarantines in place? You still haven't answered the question on if we didn't lock down, knowing how contagious this virus is... how much more would that 80k number be? And that's still not the end of it. You do realize how contagious it is. morekaos talks about South Dakota but how in the world did corona get there if everyone has been sheltering in properly and wiping down their McDonalds with Clorox wipes?

You talk about misdirection but you keep going back to the flu which has no comparison to corona anymore other than it's a virus. Everything else is way worse. No one is even sure you can have herd immunity which is another reason why these precautions are being used.

I get you're concerned about the economy but at the same time, you keep "glossing" over the fact that the Dow was headed downhill at least a month before shelter-in mandates. Do you think if the government did not issue those orders in mid-March that the Dow would have bounced back and everyone would be conducting business as normal (or 80%) with widespread infections and more people dying than we have now.

I just don't get that line of thinking.

Back