Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes

People lie online on forums.

There is no way to sell your spot.  From the deposit process,  inability to sell less than a year after purchase, HOA not allowing sales less than a year, etc this is wishful thinking.

There would be an entire side industry on brokering sales of the reservation waitlists. I?d do this as a business if it was so easy (so would thousands of others).

TestingIrvine said:
From the deposit process,  inability to sell less than a year after purchase, HOA not allowing sales less than a year, etc this is

TestingIrvine said:

I've never heard of this, so as you said above.  I know people who have sold within a couple months of buying a new build, job relocation, job loss, family issues or divorce.  I don't think the builder cares what you do with the house after it's sold and the HOA has zero say on if you can or cannot sell a house. 

When I bought my house from Cal Pacific 12 years ago after the financial crisis crash, they made me sign a contract that i cant sell the home within a year. I am not sure how they wouldve enforced it.

akkord said:
TestingIrvine said:
From the deposit process,  inability to sell less than a year after purchase, HOA not allowing sales less than a year, etc this is

TestingIrvine said:

I've never heard of this, so as you said above.  I know people who have sold within a couple months of buying a new build, job relocation, job loss, family issues or divorce.  I don't think the builder cares what you do with the house after it's sold and the HOA has zero say on if you can or cannot sell a house.

Of course builders care if you sell within a year. If a Cetara phase 1 seller sells soon and undercuts the price of unreleased, late 2022 lots it messes up their future pricing.  That?s why the contracts have one year clauses on new builds.

An HOA absolutely can prevent a sale.  Especially if the backyard/yard isn?t complete at the time you?re tying to flip the house

You are talking about two different things:
Flipping within a year: very hard but maybe possible
Selling your spot in line: not possible

I?m talking about TIC controlled new homes (OH, PS, EW, etc).  Don?t care for other areas, cities, or places.

Of course builders care if you sell within a year. If a Cetara phase 1 owner sells soon and undercuts the price of unreleased, late 2022 lots it messes up their future pricing.  That?s why the contracts have one year clauses on new builds.

An HOA absolutely can prevent a sale.  Especially if the backyard/yard isn?t complete at the time you?re tying to flip the house.  HOA is how enforcement occurs. The delivers sit on the HOA board during the building phase.

Respectfully. I think if the person wants to sell it he can after the close.
* we have seen sold homes with the backyard not being finished, another instance we saw a backyard with beach chairs and plants that were not planted (if I remember correctly)

eyephone said:
Respectfully. I think if the person wants to sell it he can after the close.
* we have seen sold homes with the backyard not being finished, another instance we saw a backyard with beach chairs and plants that were not planted (if I remember correctly)

I never said it was impossible. Honestly depends on your HOA and how well they enforce.  My home I sold recently in a TIc community, the HOA held up the sale on whether the backyard was finished

The main point is you cannot sell your spot in line.

sleepy5136 said:
Air quality in orchard hills is pretty bad today. Might be the asphalt plant in action?

There?s a fire in Riverside county and Santa Ana winds blowing it over to Orange county

It?s easy money. Didn?t have to do anything. Having done projects with as little as 20k net profit before, the short term capital gains tax is nothing to think about for me.
Correct you can?t ?sell the spot on priority list?. I choose the lot the buyers wanted and entered contract with Shea for it. Anyone thinking of doing the same can dm me for more details. Still have contact info for the other buyers that weren?t picked to share as well.

Beach2Hiddencanyonres said:
It?s easy money. Didn?t have to do anything. Having done projects with as little as 20k net profit before, the short term capital gains tax is nothing to think about for me.
Correct you can?t ?sell the spot on priority list?. I choose the lot the buyers wanted and entered contract with Shea for it. Anyone thinking of doing the same can dm me for more details. Still have contact info for the other buyers that weren?t picked to share as well.

Are you allowing the buyers select all the builder options?  How did you get these buyer's info?  From TalkIrvine?

You?re (Person A) signing the Cetara Shea contract with yourself + Person B and dropping off the deed via quit claim post close.  Person B is the one who previously had no chance to buy Cetara due to long waitlist.  Therefore Person B is sole owner without going though a formal sale.

This is a very risky process unless you trust Person A a lot.

There isn?t some new legal process that only Beach2Hidden discovered himself. It?s just a risky play for Person B that is prone to fraud.  Nothing in real estate is ?easy money? unless it?s a true black and white transaction (e.g. a short term flip)

As I guessed correctly, when he said ? I made 250k off my spot FYI? his purchase appreciated $250K versus the current lot price.  He hasn?t ?made? $250K yet in real cash.

TestingIrvine said:
akkord said:
TestingIrvine said:

TestingIrvine said:

Of course builders care if you sell within a year. If a Cetara phase 1 seller sells soon and undercuts the price of unreleased, late 2022 lots it messes up their future pricing.  That?s why the contracts have one year clauses on new builds.

An HOA absolutely can prevent a sale.  Especially if the backyard/yard isn?t complete at the time you?re tying to flip the house

When did I say you could sell a spot?  You seem to be putting words into my mouth. 

TestingIrvine said:

You?re (Person A) signing the Cetara Shea contract with yourself + Person B and dropping off the deed via quit claim post close.  Person B is the one who previously had no chance to buy Cetara due to long waitlist.  Therefore Person B is sole owner without going though a formal sale.

Nope that?s not how the transaction is handled at all.

TestingIrvine said:

You marry them then file for divorce when the house is ready? The settlement is the buyout? 😁

TestingIrvine said:

? As I guessed correctly, when he said ? I made 250k off my spot FYI? his purchase appreciated $250K versus the current lot price.  He hasn?t ?made? $250K yet in real cash.?

This hasn?t been refuted yet so this must be true.

Anyways any other method is sketchy.  I don?t think people who buy Cetara are dumb enough to do shady side deals.

On the other hand selling the house after less than one year is possible but contractually you can?t technically and you can?t guarantee the HOA will even allow it.

TestingIrvine said:
TestingIrvine said:

? As I guessed correctly, when he said ? I made 250k off my spot FYI? his purchase appreciated $250K versus the current lot price.  He hasn?t ?made? $250K yet in real cash.?

Anyways any other method is sketchy.  I don?t think people who buy Cetara are dumb enough to do shady side deals.

On the other hand selling the house after less than one year is possible but contractually you can?t technically and you can?t guarantee the HOA will even allow it.

But selling it after purchase means commission on the entire sale. I guess they could do a private sale so it's not an issue.

If it's real he can cough up the address so we can see the sale prices.

Ready2Downsize said:
TestingIrvine said:
TestingIrvine said:

But selling it after purchase means commission on the entire sale. I guess they could do a private sale so it's not an issue.

If it's real he can cough up the address so we can see the sale prices.

He doesn't have to, I can make my title guy to run title on all of the addresses for me for any recordings. haha

Back