Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes

Supply could be an issue as well.

Sierra at PS pushed back completion date due to contractors being sick and window shipment.

And Fresco/Bluffs/Highland are switching from Kitchen-Aid to Wolf appliances due to lack of inventory from Kitchen-Aid.

But then again, supply issue is also caused by labor.

trematix said:
Original time frame was May-July now it?s End of July-Sept
What stage in construction are these homes in? Are they already fully framed? Or are they still dirt lots with no foundation?

CalBears96 said:
Supply could be an issue as well.

Sierra at PS pushed back completion date due to contractors being sick and window shipment.

And Fresco/Bluffs/Highland are switching from Kitchen-Aid to Wolf appliances due to lack of inventory from Kitchen-Aid.

But then again, supply issue is also caused by labor.

Not sure if Sierra was pushed back because of contractors being sick.  That was just an assumption with the Covid going around.  Window shipment is real plus the heavy rain. 

mythicquest said:
Yea... and lumber prices are also shooting sky high again too. Prob a combo of a bunch of things.

It's funny though because you would imagine that most in a business such as construction that relies on lumber would have had months of supply locked in at $x price. They are just using the price increase as an excuse to pass on additional costs to you.

mythicquest said:
Dang! I?m old enough to remember when Cetara was first released at $1.75 base  :p

Seems like eons ago.

Nowadays homes a bit larger than half the size of Cetera are at $1.75M base.  :p

Imagine being one of the people that bought at that price or even better, the 1st phase view lot :sigh:

mythicquest said:
Dang! I?m old enough to remember when Cetara was first released at $1.75 base  :p

Seems like eons ago.

Cetara has the best city lights at the Groves without having to go to the Vistas.  Even at some of the Vistas, you don?t always get a straight city view like all the Cetara view lots do.

For those that are still tracking, I got on the priority list in Jan of last year and got in on Phase 11.  Feels like WTF prices but this is probably our forever home.  Good luck out there and looking forward to meeting my TI neighbors.

Congrats! Looking forward to meeting you in the future.

scubasteve said:
For those that are still tracking, I got on the priority list in Jan of last year and got in on Phase 11.  Feels like WTF prices but this is probably our forever home.  Good luck out there and looking forward to meeting my TI neighbors.

scubasteve said:

Congrats! Wow, took you a whole year to finally get in.

scubasteve said:

Congrats on the new home!!  Cetara is really nice, well worth the wait.

Back