Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes

trematix said:
What's the opinion on the floating stairs? ANY ROI on that? They are charging about $52,000 for the floating stairs and glass rails. They def make the great room seem bigger.

A home is a place is to live first and foremost so if you like the stairs get them and don't worry about the ROI if you are going to own the home longer term.  Don't option the home for your future buyer.

USCTrojanCPA said:
trematix said:
What's the opinion on the floating stairs? ANY ROI on that? They are charging about $52,000 for the floating stairs and glass rails. They def make the great room seem bigger.

A home is a place is to live first and foremost so if you like the stairs get them and don't worry about the ROI if you are going to own the home longer term.  Don't option the home for your future buyer.

I agree. If you're going to live in the home for a long time, then choose the option that you will be happy with. My wife loves glass rails, so we're going to do that.

trematix said:

Did you get the Plan2 from the last phase?!

scubasteve said:
trematix said:

No, i purchased previous to that. I wouldve been priced out in Phase 10.

Awesome!

Get the stairs and enjoy it.  It will seem cheap later given where inflation is heading!

trematix said:
scubasteve said:
trematix said:

No, i purchased previous to that. I wouldve been priced out in Phase 10.

marutaro said:
Did lot 35 eventually sell? Maybe they'll go easy on the pricing for the next few phases

Phase 10 is sold out. Phase 11 won't be released until 2022 which is also premium lots but won't include the cul de sac premium. I anticipate it still being above 3 for some of those homes.

JadedOne said:
Beach2Hiddencanyonres said:
I made 250k off my spot FYI.

How exactly does one sell a spot? Is Shea alright with you just giving it away to someone?

They probably take the lot/plan and upgrade based on the new buyer, then resell to new buyer immediately after they buy from builder.  I don't think builders let someone else take their spot.

akkord said:
JadedOne said:

How exactly does one sell a spot? Is Shea alright with you just giving it away to someone?

They probably take the lot/plan and upgrade based on the new buyer, then resell to new buyer immediately after they buy from builder.  I don't think builders let someone else take their spot.

And the tax on that will probably be around $100k between state and federal taxes for a short term gain which is treated as ordinary income unless a 1031 exchange is done.

USCTrojanCPA said:
akkord said:
JadedOne said:

And the tax on that will probably be around $100k between state and federal taxes for a short term gain which is treated as ordinary income unless a 1031 exchange is done.

Yeah, but even after taxes that is 150k for doing nothing other than holding a spot. More than some people earn in a year working full time. SMH

misme said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
akkord said:
JadedOne said:

Yeah, but even after taxes that is 150k for doing nothing other than holding a spot. More than some people earn in a year working full time. SMH

True but the home will appreciate more so I would have moved in for a few years and waited to sell it once I hit the 2 year market for tax free gains.

misme said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
akkord said:
JadedOne said:

That's what I was thinking and it's not like there wasn't any risk. Realtors were making good money doing that in 1989 but got caught when supply overtook demand and ended up getting foreclosed on lots of properties.

Returns doing that same thing are even better in AZ. People buying new builds for 350-400K and selling them for 550K+. Risk is lower there because you can turn around and rent the places and be cash flow positive and lots of people just put rocks in their backyard anyway.

Ticket scalping for those with free money from the fed.

USCTrojanCPA said:
misme said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
akkord said:
JadedOne said:

True but the home will appreciate more so I would have moved in for a few years and waited to sell it once I hit the 2 year market for tax free gains.

But then you have to make payments, pay property taxes, put in window coverings and landscaping. What if he has another house? This frees up money in the here and now. Bird in hand.

akkord said:
JadedOne said:

According to poster, (s)he hasn't even got the home yet, so I don't know how that's working. I think it was just last month that poster said (s)he was still getting calls and thinking about selling the spot for some profit.

CalBears96 said:
akkord said:
JadedOne said:

According to poster, (s)he hasn't even got the home yet, so I don't know how that's working. I think it was just last month that poster said (s)he was still getting calls and thinking about selling the spot for some profit.

Its like a Zestimate  ;)

TestingIrvine said:
It just means his purchase price appreciated $250K versus the current price point?don?t read too much into it.

He said he wasn't buying though since he thought a 4k sq ft house was too small.  ;D

So he said he would sell his spot to anyone interested in buying there.

Back