Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes

Are these floorplans really breathtaking in person?  Are they that unique that they are selling like hotcakes? 

irvineboy said:
Are these floorplans really breathtaking in person?  Are they that unique that they are selling like hotcakes?

compared to all the other new constructions in the area and i've seen them all the past couple months, i'd say YES, the floor plans are way better, in my opinion.

trematix said:
irvineboy said:

compared to all the other new constructions in the area and i've seen them all the past couple months, i'd say YES, the floor plans are way better, in my opinion.

Like better than Toll Brothers floorplans?

irvineboy said:
trematix said:
irvineboy said:

Like better than Toll Brothers floorplans?

Toll bro floor plans aren?t for everyone. I?m not a fan of the double staircases they use a lot.

The big draw is that they are the only new builds in the 4K sqft range, and with how the surrounding has appreciated they are priced better than resell.

irvineboy said:

It's not only that the floorplans are unique but it's also that they are priced very competitively below $450/sf as resale homes on average sell for around $500/sf.

Personally speaking with the exception of the Plan 2, they have a separate office area plus the loft and 5 bedrooms. Just a lot more functional space.

4k+ SF homes and no 3 car garage, IHO would never look at these homes, at least try for a 3 car tandem, if not 3CWG...I know I know, this will never happen with new builds, $ wins and adding that 3rd garage eats up sq footage.  Imagine the premium charged for a 3CWG with large lot and view.

Who doesn?t like dual staircases?  I thought everyone liked that dramatic look.

Cetara Plan 1 reminds me of the Messina Plan 2 floorplan with the center courtyard.  Cetara Plan 2, I cannot say that I?ve seen a floorplan like it in the Groves.  The dramatic high ceiling that connects to the second level loft is pretty sweet.  Cetara Plan 3 I really thought I would like but when I saw it in person, it was underwhelming. I think because the entrance felt very dark without windows on both sides.  The second level loft was too small.

lovingit said:

Cetara Plan 1 reminds me of the Messina Plan 2 floorplan with the center courtyard.  Cetara Plan 2, I cannot say that I?ve seen a floorplan like it in the Groves.  The dramatic high ceiling that connects to the second level loft is pretty sweet.  Cetara Plan 3 I really thought I would like but when I saw it in person, it was underwhelming. I think because the entrance felt very dark without windows on both sides.  The second level loft was too small.

Cetara Plan 2 is like the super-sized version of Trellis Court/Talise Plan 4 with the high dramatic ceiling in the living area (those CalPac homes sold the best).

Yes Talise is a nice cozy home. Ones of the better buys in the price range.

lovingit said:

Its not really that dramatic looking. And its not just me being jaded. Ive had plenty of people not used to seeing homes shrug their shoulders at it. I like Toll Bro homes for others reasons than that.

With Cetara, what?s the best way to ask for some designer center credits? How much do you think they?d be willing to give?

Eyespii said:
With Cetara, what?s the best way to ask for some designer center credits? How much do you think they?d be willing to give?

They have 0 design credit or any other incentives right now. They have no reason to provide any right now. These homes are selling themselves.

The simplified typical series of events and steps for discounts from a builder

1) Lot has not sold through the priority list and is sitting, Then offer closing cost credit with preferred lender

2) Builder has begun to build the home themselves and it is in danger of becoming costlier to hold standing inventory, Then offer design credit

3) The standing inventory home is sitting around for quite some time, Then reduce price of the home.

4) Standing inventory builds up, Then increase broker co-op

Dr. CA Real Estate said:

1) Lot has not sold through the priority list and is sitting, Then offer closing cost credit with preferred lender

2) Builder has begun to build the home themselves and it is in danger of becoming costlier to hold standing inventory, Then offer design credit

3) The standing inventory home is sitting around for quite some time, Then reduce price of the home.

I thought #4 comes before #3. Builders loathe price cuts and it angers previous phase buyers.

iacrenter said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:

I thought #4 comes before #3. Builders loathe price cuts and it angers previous phase buyers.

Very true, but most builders will take offers on unsold home lots whether it's standing inventory or a few months away from completion (doesn't mind that they'll be greatly negotiable though).

talkirvine said:
What is the maximum discount that can be negotiated on an inventory home?

There's many variables that go into how much of a discount you can get from a builder.  It depends on the builder, how much unsold inventory that builder has, how that builder's sales are trending, and how many more homes they have left to sell. The highest price reduction I got for a buyer was for an Altair home in late 2018 (slightly over $100k) and for a Cadence Park 3-level detached condo in early 2019 (about 8% off).

I?m wondering at what phase will there be standing inventory?  I think Shea should have started building in the back and make the view lots toward the later phases.  Not sure why they would release view lots on the beginning?  Whoever is on their marketing team isn't doing a strategic job.

lovingit said:
I?m wondering at what phase will there be standing inventory?  I think Shea should have started building in the back and make the view lots toward the later phases.  Not sure why they would release view lots on the beginning?  Whoever is on their marketing team isn't doing a strategic job.

Maybe they didn't lock up their additional lots from Irvine Company untl they showed them how well sales were going, who knows.  Don't worry, they'll have those last view lots in the parking lot that they'll sell last for max premium. 

Back